+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PR Finalists Appearing on "The View"

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar

And the Winner Is... **Possible Spoilers**

Who's going to win? Let's see if we can figure it out from their carefully-worded interviews and other indications.

Michael said on The View that he was going to take his $10,000 fan-favorite money and spend it on a watch - he said a "chunk" of it, so I'm figuring either a Rolex or something else with major bling. He's also said in another interview that people can reach him in Atlanta if they want to hire him.

Sooo... we can look at this in a number of ways:

1. Michael didn't win - and since $10,000 wouldn't begin to help him design his own line, he decided to blow some of the fan-favorite money on bling and have a good time.

2. Michael didn't win - which is why he can be reached in Atlanta instead of NYC. Of course, Chloe stayed in Dallas... but she has no aspirations of going national; she's made that clear time and again.

2. Michael did win - and figured since he got the $100,000 grand prize, he could afford to blow some of the fan-favorite money on bling and have a good time.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Hey thanks guys! I totally missed this
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Well, not sure if this helps anyone.... but Michael is definitely here in Atlanta. I got an email this past friday for a "Meet Michael Knight" event at the Art Institute of Atlanta for this Thursday (Oct. 12th).

Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    Michael said on The View that he was going to take his $10,000 fan-favorite money and spend it on a watch - he said a "chunk" of it, so I'm figuring either a Rolex or something else with major bling.
    He actually said that he was going to take the money and "buy a watch with it - like Michael Kors said he did with his first chunk o' change". I've saved the View episode you're referring to, so I can try and get an exact quote up later if you wish.

Sounds like he's spending the entire thing on a watch.

I'm not sure anything can be inferred from it in any way. We'd have to know Michael a lot better, and how his mind works. Some people could easily blow that much on a wish, no matter what.

Id say that meant that he won or everyone could tell that he should have won so the editors made him the fan favorite on purpose.
    F:A:B:U:L:O:U:S

I feel he should win as he was the audience favorite on the runway during fashion week (see reuters) and most of the Style network fashion shows who covered the PR runway at Fashion Week also picked him to win. It was mostly due to his taking chances and the others staying in their comfort zone (especially Uli) and not trying anything new. All were great in MHO but he tried other things

Who's going to win? Let's see if we can figure it out from their carefully-worded interviews and other indications.
    I'll use the 'other indication' of the closer look we all had in this week's episode. At this point, I'd say the nod will go to either Jeffrey or Laura. I really doubt they're going to disqualify him at this point without practically a videotape of him handing the sewing to someone else (nor would he have remained friends w/Laura if he'd been ousted). And the finishing and also the ideas behind Laura's collection were superb.

Their clientele would be extremely different from one another but that doesn't matter. I'd say it could go to either - it depends what the judges want to see and promote for Bravo (who they want to tie to its image).

It's possible Uli could win also - but having seen Michael's collection closer-up I doubt he will win. He will always do well though and has many years ahead of him. He'll be fine. Just my hunches based on the same things most of us are seeing (the episodes).

FORT Fogey
    I see Jeffery as the winner but not from any interview clues. They are looking for young and innovative and I did not see that in the other collections.

If Michael is putting the word out that he can be found in Atlanta it seems likely he did not win the money to start his own line. Or since they are told not to give anything away it could be a contrived statement.

I just cannot see Laura winning with evening wear or Uli with her simple shift dresses. I think Uli will be successful though, not sure about Laura. At least with both of the women I get where they are coming from. I do not understand Michaels point of view.

I meant to add to my last post, but it just wasn't letting me - I'll add it here: I liked Jeffrey's green/white striped dress better once I saw some of the details closer-up.

Also, I admit, the way Tim reacted to Jeffrey's collection bodes well for him. (Tim also liked Laura's - and Uli's somewhat also) As for Laura's future, I think she will do well in at least a niche market (I think NYC boutiques at the very least, would love her line). I'd certainly love to own a Laura original. She has a more couture aesthetic IMO. Her line looks expensively made and her budget was only $8000. I'd love to see what she could do with more startup money, or for a couture house.

I really want to Jeffrey to win but I'm so scared that he is really getting kicked off the show from seeing the previews last night.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast