+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Welcome, FabFash! Interesting comments. Hope you keep posting!

I am so glad they are all going. I was nt going to watch the finale without Michael. I could do without Jeffrey, but only because he is so rotten. I don't mind looking at what he does, even when he misses, like last night. Marilinda (isn't she the shortest model in that group? She is so striking though) looked like she was going to some enchanted forest. Michael missed. I love him, but he completely missed. Loved Laura, although I am sick of looking at two yards of clavicle in her designs. Can you picture that neckline on Michael's model? Abbondanza!!!

Uli has irritated me from the start of the show. She reminds of a lot of the people I have meet in the needlessly vicious world of academics. I call them the professional ninnys. They walk around talking softly, but don't fall asleep with a finger in their mouths. She showed herself to be very calculating when she took Nazri the first time. Then during the Macy's challenge she said words to the effect that she wasn't worried about what might happen because she had immunity. She was right, of course, as she was in taking Nazri, but she just comes across very cold and calculating (in contrast to her general demeanor otherwise). That one will go far.

This last challenge is always a fiasco. People are just fried after all that running around under so much pressure. This time, when they told them they had two days to do it, I thought they would have a chance to break that pattern, but then they made them take the pictures and cut six hours out of the second day. I hate how they are always throwing these curves at the designers.

I didn't care for Uli's dress. Something about it keeps bothering me (besides the ever present use of prints). That silhouette looks awfully familiar, and I believe it is from one of Chloe's dresses during Fashion Week.

One final note. They have always had four people in the runways show, but we only got to see three collections on TV. This time I guess we get to see all four. Should be interesting.

I don't know why Michael chose Clarisa. To me, she's below average model. She looks short, her face isn't pretty, her walk is nothing special. I would have chosen Lindsay or Amanda for sure.

I loved Uli's design. Now that I saw her dress from this episode, I understand where she's coming from when I look at her collection. I think Uli will win. Her collection is the strongest of the bunch by far.

If Uli wins she, like Chloe, will take the money and stay in Miami. Who could blame her?

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaru View Post
    I don't know why Michael chose Clarisa. To me, she's below average model. She looks short, her face isn't pretty, her walk is nothing special. I would have chosen Lindsay or Amanda for sure.
    That's exactly what I thought when I watched the episode! The only reason why I thought that he chose Clarisa over Amanda and Lindsay (who were MUCH better models) was that he worked with her on the INC challenge when she was Angela's model. And Michael seemed to be friends with Angela on the show so that's why he probably chose her model.

FORT Newbie
    Speaking of the models. Did you see the look on Amanda's face when she didn't get picked. Poor thing! She was bummed! I agree that Michael didn't make the best choice. I would have chose Amanda, I thought she was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by FabFash View Post
    Speaking of the models. Did you see the look on Amanda's face when she didn't get picked. Poor thing! She was bummed! I agree that Michael didn't make the best choice. I would have chose Amanda, I thought she was very good.
    It looked liked Amanda was shocked, beyond shocked when she didnt get chosen. I personally dont care for Nazra. I like Jefferys model. I thought she literally sold the couture challenge even though I didnt care for his design, she took control of the runway from the moment she popped out from behind the screen.
    Isnt Amanda the one who wouldnt shut up. I'm sure the constant yapping would have gotten on everyones nerves.

Amanda's a spazz. Michael should have picked Lindsay, who would have been happy to be liberated from Uli-Tentville.

Nazri's OK but not versatile. There's only so many different attitudes you can pull off with that hair and the subglasses.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I thought it was really funny that Amanda looked so shocked at not being picked. Did she really think that Jeffrey would choose her over Marilinda?

I also think Michael should have picked Lindsay. I felt really bad for her when Uli switched because she looked really angry.

Quote Originally Posted by emtp911 View Post
    I like Jefferys model. I thought she literally sold the couture challenge even though I didnt care for his design, she took control of the runway from the moment she popped out from behind the screen.
    I totally agree! I didn't remember Jeffrey's couture dress from Paris, so I went on line and looked for the pics. The dress looked totally bland on the Paris model, but it came alive on Merilinda. Merilinda has the energy and the look that commands attention -- when she wears the right dress, that is (she was just okay in the last episode with that strangely misguided "romantic" dress and she looked horrible in the Madonna outfit). Merilinda is my favorite model. I don't know what the big deal about Nazri - she's think and tall alright.

+ Reply to Thread