+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Man, it makes me sad that it'll take a year before I get to see (hopefully) another collection worth seeing... Because this season SUCKED. I miss Jay, who is the only one with a collection I really LIKED and would wear. yeah. definitely.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Ok, I'm confused about why Heidi made it such a shocker about having 4 designers instead of 3 at Fashion Week. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Kara show her collection last year with the original 3 finalists?? At least that's what I read here. So what's the big deal??

There was always a fourth showing as a decoy. So while Kara and Austine showed in the past seasons, they weren't eligible for the final prize. This time, all four are eligible. It's a shame they didn't do it last season, though. Kara had a really killer collection. (But she also had some spectacular missteps throughout the season, i.e. the traffic tape.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    There was always a fourth showing as a decoy. So while Kara and Austine showed in the past seasons, they weren't eligible for the final prize. This time, all four are eligible. It's a shame they didn't do it last season, though. Kara had a really killer collection. (But she also had some spectacular missteps throughout the season, i.e. the traffic tape.)
    Throughout the season Kara was on I never saw her design a decent outfit and I did not understand why she was the final four. Her collection blew me away, based on that alone she should have been season two's winner.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

My first Post

This is my first post

I've been a lurker for quite awhile. I just have to say I'm thrilled with last night's episode! Although I predicted that all four would be condidered to win in the final, I was still nervous toward the end. I was nervous Michael would be Auf! I think Uli's win was well deserved, I loved that dress, I love her style. Sure it's the same style and she does need to be more innovative with the design, but it really does take talent to select and coordinate all those great patterns like she does. Nazri is a great model for her, although I wish Michael still had her. As I want both of them to win!

Oh, and I LOVED Jeff's dress last night! I'd toally wear that, out of all of them presented. I also liked Jeff's runway collection at Fashion Week. I haven't really liked anything else he created other than the challenge using recycled products, as much as I like Michael, I think Jeff should have won. His dress was amazing that challenge.

i didn't even watch it...i didn't want to deal with the stupid drama from this season....but i did check out the designs...i really liked Laura's and Uli's. the picture they have of Laura's on the runway doesn't do it justice, the one in Tim's blog is better. Michael's was blah and same with Jeff

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I actually kind of liked Michael's dress last night but I knew the judges would hate it. I'm so glad all four get to go. They are all so different I think it would have been hard to eliminate one.

FabFash!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Regular
    I LOVED Jeffrey's dress last night.

Moi
    I didn't watch the show last night -- otherwise occupied. I did catch the rerun tonight.

It was interesting today, because all I had to go by was the still pics on the PR site at Bravo. I decided I didn't like Michael's -- same old same old with cross-wrapping, nothing really new. I didn't understand what the fuss was about Uli's. Laura's -- so-so. I kind of liked Jeffrey's, but thought the skirt looked like a pomegranate. And with that , I was picturing Tim telling Chloe last year to say, "Yes, Nina, I wanted my model to look like she had a big, fat *ss."

I ended up with a slightly different opinion after seeing the show. Michael, sorry, but it looks even more bland than in the still. Laura, same old same old, though the scalloping on the neckline was nicer than it looked in the pic. Jeffrey, I really think instead of a skirt, you should have made pantalets. It would have kept the same general look, but made it more outrageous and rock-chick. And I can understand more why they liked Uli's. Usually she just uses print fabric for their color and the look sewn next to each other. What was really great here, was the pattern actually contributed to the overall look of the structure. The tie-dye "spikes" (for lack of a better word) in the fabric were positioned perfectly to accentuate the model's figure. It was an excellent usage of fabric positioned to create design. I can see why she won this. I hope some of the designers who totally hosed it on the mothers challenge by designing tents for larger women take this into consideration and learn something. But they probably won't.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

+ Reply to Thread