+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Did One of the Finalists Cheat? ** SPOILERS **

Did One of the Finalists Cheat? ** SPOILERS **

Oh boy... more drama!!! But I think this might confirm that Jeffrey is one of the finalists.

Internal Investigation Rocks ‘Runway’

How bad at sewing is Project Runway final-four contestant Jeffrey Sebelia? A few months ago, the show’s uneliminated contestants left the supervision of the producers to go home and work on their collections. But when they returned for their group show at Bryant Park, fellow contestant Laura Bennett accused Sebelia of cheating. Three weeks earlier, Tim Gunn, Parsons fashion design chair and the show’s mentor, had visited Sebelia in L.A. and declared, “He had a lot of work to do.” Word reached Bennett, whose mother had met and become friendly with Sebelia’s mother. Upon seeing Sebelia’s miraculously finished collection, Bennett told the producers she believed Sebelia had outsourced his sewing—which would disqualify him. “His collection was very ambitious,” says Gunn. “I wasn’t born yesterday.” Adding fuel to the fire was Sebelia’s rather unfinished style of construction throughout the show. “We took the accusation very seriously, and we did a very intense and thorough investigation,” says Gunn. Bravo would not allow him to reveal the resolution. The three finalists will be revealed September 27, and the winner October 18. Sebelia didn’t return calls.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

How would he have been able to sew everything during the show though? It was shown on tv and in front of his other competitors.
    Yup, with donuts!!

It sounds like the question is about the volume of work he had to finish, rather than his ability to sew. Chloe had similar questions raised about her last season, too, but no one complained about her. I think Laura's complaint triggered the investigation.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Ah. That makes sense. I think most designers felt a little threatened by him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

That is interesting but that does not necessarily point to the final 3 being that all 4 of the designers had to present. I am sure all 4 of them had to go through the same process of Tim visiting or someone close to them would wonder and suspect.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    How would he have been able to sew everything during the show though? It was shown on tv and in front of his other competitors.
    Sewing standards on the show are more forgiving. If you go to the PR auction, you'll find a disclaimer stating that the outfits have unfinished seams and similar features. Jeff could have gotten away with this and been forgiven because of the time constraints of the challenges. However, there would be no excuse for these shortcomings in the Fashion Week show since there was ample time to properly construct the garments.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    So... we're supposed to believe, according to the article, that Jeff's mom and Laura's mom, having become "close" -- are behind the "leak"? The rag that printed this is just after the sensationalism. I can imagine the conversation:

Jeff's mom: Oh, dear, I think my Jeffrey outsourced his clothes.

Laura's mom: Oh, my my, what a bad boy he is. You don't mind if I call my daughter and let her know, do you?

Jeff's mom: Not at all... besides, we ALL SECRETLY want Laura to win! Go ahead, tell her, so she can make a stink about it. And just call me narc-mom, cause I don't really like my son all that much anyway.

rotfl... where do "journalists" come up with this stuff?

FORT Regular
    So Laura hears second information that Jeffrey "has a lot of work to do" three weeks before OFW. She then sees his finished collection and out of nowhere accuses him of cheating. I'd say the only thing this rumor proves is that Laura doesn't win Project Runway.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Seeing how this sewing issue has been dealt with before choosing the winner weeks ago, I'm guessing that Bravo is simply trying to drum up interest for the finale. The greatly anticipated episode where Keith was booted was their highest rated episode yet, and they want to give fans something to chew on before while waiting.

Moi
    He's the village idiot contestant, the one that is there because the producers think the viewers are too stupid to know anything about fashion and only want to see really nasty people. Even if he did anything illegal, they aren't going to disqualify him -- not a chance.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast