+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Did One of the Finalists Cheat? ** SPOILERS **

FORT Newbie
    the show was so good last night that I was shouting for Jeff even though I wanted Michael to win. all the collections were beautiful but Laura needs to grow up!

I will never watch the show again!!! I am so angry!!! Jeffrey soooo cheated, this was not his style and there was nothing innovative about his outfits. I won't even patron INc. again, ever!!!

Auf Wiedersehen!

I jumped up and down when they said Jeff won. Truly, Uli is going to explode onto the fashion scene now and I believe that PR knew this from the reviews of her showing. Laura, eh... her stuff is well made, but it's for a specific type of woman. Michael dropped the ball unfortunately in his collection, but like Daniel V, he has potential and will go far. I'm so excited to see what Jeffrey will put together. I'm sure it's going to be toned down compared to his rock-n-roll fashion business, but I can totally see his work in Macy's for the young adult women, (like my age, 30+). Good job to all the designers because they are all so talented!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2108835;
    I jumped up and down when they said Jeff won. Truly, Uli is going to explode onto the fashion scene now and I believe that PR knew this from the reviews of her showing. Laura, eh... her stuff is well made, but it's for a specific type of woman. Michael dropped the ball unfortunately in his collection, but like Daniel V, he has potential and will go far. I'm so excited to see what Jeffrey will put together. I'm sure it's going to be toned down compared to his rock-n-roll fashion business, but I can totally see his work in Macy's for the young adult women, (like my age, 30+). Good job to all the designers because they are all so talented!!

So glad Jeffrey won. Still think it's a shame about all the controversy tho. I'm afraid there are too many who will never believe him because of Laura. Shame on her. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by kt17014;2109089;
    So glad Jeffrey won. Still think it's a shame about all the controversy tho. I'm afraid there are too many who will never believe him because of Laura. Shame on her. :nono
    I don't think there is shame on her for saying what they were all thinking. And did anyone else think the leather pants were suspicious? He just happened to bring them along as "extra," and when accused of not making everything himself he only admitted to 3 pleated things, 1 of which did not have a receipt and had to be thrown out, but since he never said he sent the pants out to be constructed (although to do that with leather was in the rules), they were never in danger of being taken out of the show. So they could conveniently substitute for the thing that had to be removed. Bleh.

I have thought for a long time they were setting him up to win, and I still feel that way. I love Tim, and he can talk about the show's integrity all he wants, but it still seems like something was going on behind the scenes to help Jeffrey out of that jam.

Btw, I loved Uli's show, including her music. Anyone have a link to her music? I hated Jeffrey's music and also thought that opening the show with that moody stuff was a weird choice (plus the models seemed confused by it and didn't know how to walk to it). The opening number should have been high energy.

As for his basic look, it is very of-the-retro-moment and therefore trendy, but he didn't take any of his finale designs over the top exept for the zipper dress. I would have expected more after that plaid cotton gown he made in France. But I agree with those who said he should have been voted out long ago for all the hideous things he made and his hideous attitude week after week. Which was worse, the dress he made Angela's mom, or how he treated her? I think the dress looked like a beginning special needs class made it.

And did anyone else think the leather pants were suspicious? He just happened to bring them along as "extra,"
    Yes - they could've easily been from his design business. Unless he was so supercharged he made extra pieces 'just because'. But with everything finished really perfectly (the green/white striped final dress, looked like his sewing style - some of the daintier dresses did not) why would he bring along an extra pair of pants anyway? I also wondered where he got the fabric for that last-minute denim skirt. And why the blond wigs? And he got all those for $600? (Removing them put him $400 under after being $200 over)

But in the end, I think it's their vision that matters most. However, I can certainly see Laura's point of view also: It's as if one of them had an unfair advantage, like an athlete on steroids. I still think the show should just hire a sewing team for the finalists next year. By then they've more than proven their sewing skills anyway. (And anyway, isn't part of being head of a design house, managing your employees/sewers? I contend this would actually be part of the final 'test' for them - in a more important way than testing their sewing yet again.) And then maybe the judges won't insult some finalist by turning their expert sewing/embellishing skills around on them as an insult! (Like Kors did with Laura)

I think Jeffrey cheated, but he got away with it. It sucks, because compared to his other works and this... a big difference and increase in craftsmenship. Jeeeeeeee >__< PR sucks

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2109662;
    Yes - they could've easily been from his design business. Unless he was so supercharged he made extra pieces 'just because'. But with everything finished really perfectly (the green/white striped final dress, looked like his sewing style - some of the daintier dresses did not) why would he bring along an extra pair of pants anyway? I also wondered where he got the fabric for that last-minute denim skirt. And why the blond wigs? And he got all those for $600? (Removing them put him $400 under after being $200 over)
    Jeffery, Laura and Uli all made extra outfits that didn't go into the final collection, so there's nothing all that suspisious about Jeff's extra pants. Wendy also brought extra outfits. They were probably all prepared for the same 13th outfit twists that the show sprang on last season's contestants.

He had to have known he was already over budget? I also don't understand why he had wigs with him, still, knowing he was over budget. Did he not do an accounting before he got there? (Especially considering how important this win was to him...) Something about his bookkeeping seems a bit fudged, to me. But we'll never know one way or the other for sure.

It was either in Jeffrey's or Tim's interview where it is mentioned that Jeffrey is a sloppy bookkeeper in his own business, to seemingly explain why his receipts were so unorganized when he was asked to hand them in.

Personally, I didn't buy his performance when Tim asked him for them for a second. He still may not have blatantly cheated, but he obviously was sweating for a reason. He knew he skirted the rules (pun mostly not intended) in some fashion, and that he was suddenly in a tight spot.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast