+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Did One of the Finalists Cheat? ** SPOILERS **

But even if Jeff did get 'kicked off', he still got to show at Bryant Park. So he must've had a laugh over that one.

Only one more day til we find out! Woohoo...

PS, the article: http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/21688/index.html
    Last edited by Brandy; 09-26-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Couldn't it be within the realm of possibility that we get Heidi saying "we're not committed to a final 3" on the show, meaning that perhaps all four WERE showing in OFW (REALLY showing, not having the fourth as a decoy)...

AND

We ALSO have newer quotes (particularly in the articles right around OFW) saying there are 3 showing and BOTH be accurate statements...with the missing piece that explains both being perhaps some sort of cheating involved?

It seems they could have been intending 4 to show, and that all 4 DID show REAL lines, but that questions about J's line being alluded to in the article were raised, he was DQ'd, so technically it only be a final 3 as only 3 could win, and it'd be U, L, and M?

The show this week could perhaps have been something about IF something certain happened (not sure what I could scheme up as that possibility, though) THEN all 4 would show, giving us the legitimate 4th show, AND explaining Heidi saying they weren't ::necessarily:: commited to a final 3. Or perhaps she says it, they all 4 automatically DO show, but the top 3 get some sort of 'advantage' such as a bit more money or 24 more hours to work on their line, or something along those lines, since having the chance to still win and not just be a decoy, even with a slight handicap, is better than not getting the chance at all.. Though of the two, I suspect the first scenario would be the more probable explanation.

And IF questions were raised about J's line, we don't really know when that happened. Was it in the days prior to OFW when they're all back? If it was right before, it may have been investigated and down to 3 before the actual PR OFW time. And while the article makes it look like it may have been anonymously 'leaked' makes it seem Laura's involved as a source, she may have just made a comment in passing about being surprised he got it all done as she heard he was far behind, and that it got Tim thinking, and that prompted some sort of investigation (as he's the only one who would TRULY know the state of things at the point of the home visit).

I don't know...I had already been trying to figure out why we hear the Heidi/not 'commited' clip so much, yet we also have recent articles about it being 3? In light of this potential leak, I guess it seemed like this could be a missing piece to it all.

OR, if there was cheating, maybe the judges rejudge (or judged all 4 at the time, if questions were raised before and not after, in case they find he did cheat) and judge the lines of the other 2 and the decoy. A disadvantage if the decoy did their line differently b/c they knew they weren't really in contention, but...

Anyway just throwing my musings out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    He's the village idiot contestant, the one that is there because the producers think the viewers are too stupid to know anything about fashion and only want to see really nasty people. Even if he did anything illegal, they aren't going to disqualify him -- not a chance.

True, but still naughty naugthy. A lot of pressure is on these people to win. To me though, 100k doesn't seem like enough money to take you to the next level. Whatever.

More catfights, more squabbles. blah blah. They probably all played a little dirty to some extent. But still, I think the description of him as the "village idiot" is refreshingly accurate.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    But even if Jeff did get 'kicked off', he still got to show at Bryant Park. So he must've had a laugh over that one.

Only one more day til we find out! Woohoo...

PS, the article: http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/21688/index.html
    It would seem that since he's appearing on The View this coming Friday, he definitely didn't get kicked off - which would lead me to believe that the "scandal" is just another Bravo attempt at upping their numbers.

They can charge more for commercials that way. lol

I wouldn't doubt it - like the way this last episode was supposed to be full of drama, and it turned out to be one of the duller episodes. I can't blame Bravo, though... if everyone's getting along and there are no scandals, they probably panic no one will tune in.

I'd actually love to watch more of the creative process, but maybe that's hard to build a show around, who knows. Hard-er, at the very least. I think if producers found a way to focus more on the process they might be surprised.

I'd really like to see what the designers would do with more time on a challenge. The challenge times get shorter & shorter. There's only so much you can make in that amount of time. I'd like to see real skill given a chance, with at least one longer challenge (maybe even a week?) mid-show.

(I know the final designers are given more time for their Bryant Park collections - but we don't really get to see them put that together, outside Tim's visit - plus, I think by then they're so fried... and then also it's just the final ones we get to see. For instance, I think Allison would've done better with more time. Some people are slower at things but arrive at the same destination in good shape.)

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    It would seem that since he's appearing on The View this coming Friday, he definitely didn't get kicked off - which would lead me to believe that the "scandal" is just another Bravo attempt at upping their numbers.

They can charge more for commercials that way. lol
    Hey, Keith showed for the reunion in spite of getting kicked off for cheating. I'm sure Jeffrey would just see the opportunity for another television show as gravy, even if he does cheat. He doesn't strike me as somebody with an abundance or morals who cares if cheats and gets caught.

The thing I think is funny for Jeffrey is that the entire show is going to be available on dvd. His son is going to watch it over and over and think that the way Jeffrey behaves is perfectly acceptable. He will start to behave that way to Jeffrey. Hey, Jeffrey -- you deserve it, babe. You reap what you sow (sew?).

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Do you really think Jeffrey's kid would change his attitude of his dad, or of what's acceptable behavior, because of a TV show he was on? He has the experience of living with him every day of his life to know whatever his dad is really like, and what he's been taught...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Evern if he did or didnt cheat, i kinda dont think Jeffrey wouldve won either way...i think its definitely down to Michael and Uli...im more towards Uli though...just my opinion lol

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Hey, Keith showed for the reunion in spite of getting kicked off for cheating. I'm sure Jeffrey would just see the opportunity for another television show as gravy, even if he does cheat. He doesn't strike me as somebody with an abundance or morals who cares if cheats and gets caught.

The thing I think is funny for Jeffrey is that the entire show is going to be available on dvd. His son is going to watch it over and over and think that the way Jeffrey behaves is perfectly acceptable. He will start to behave that way to Jeffrey. Hey, Jeffrey -- you deserve it, babe. You reap what you sow (sew?).

The question isn't whether or not he'd show up because it's an opportunity, but rather, if he did get DQd for cheating, he wouldn't have been invited to show on The View. Therefore, using critical thinking, he must not have been eliminated for cheating. It's another Bravo ratings booster.

If his son learns that honesty is the best policy and never to let anyone manipulate you into a corner, those are some great life lessons to learn. I can think of far worse fatherly examples...

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    The question isn't whether or not he'd show up because it's an opportunity, but rather, if he did get DQd for cheating, he wouldn't have been invited to show on The View. Therefore, using critical thinking, he must not have been eliminated for cheating. It's another Bravo ratings booster.

If his son learns that honesty is the best policy and never to let anyone manipulate you into a corner, those are some great life lessons to learn. I can think of far worse fatherly examples...
    I don't understand the rationale behind saying he wouldn't get invited on The View if he had cheated. I scarcely watch that show, but I can't imagine them having any problems with cheats. In any case, the PR episode where cheating did or didn't happen hasn't even been aired, so how would the View know who did or didn't cheat?

It's hard to say anything at all about what his son will or won't learn about cheating since we don't know what happens. I'm sure his son will learn a lot of things from watching his father on dvds in future on how not to treat to people, especially women.

I think Jeffrey is total jerk and I look forward to not having to see or hear anything of him in the future.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast