+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week **Possible Spoilers**

Hmmm. I like the swimsuit theory. The 13th look, anyone? Still can't figure out why Uli has Nazri, though. She really worked Michael's stuff. Why wouldn't he choose her for his show? Did Uli "steal" her by winning the final challenge?

Michael is out. I just know it. Not only does he not have Nazri, he only has Alexandra from the other models in the show. This is a heartbreaker. And to see Uli doing the same sartorial shtick she has pulled all along (granted with a few variations and better execution) is just infuriating.

Moi
    Regarding the swimsuit /13th look:

Has anybody counted up how many outfits are actually in each collection? Is there a different number for somebody?

And last season, according to Tim who blogged about it later, the only reason they had to do another outfit was that Santino suddenly got very much nicer than he had been all season and the producers were afraid the whole show would be boring. They added the extra outfit to induce stress, hoping I suppose that somebody would have a breakdown or at least a lot of people would be yelling.

In any case, they didn't give them a specific thing to do, they just said another outfit or another "look".

Oh, and if Michael is aufed (as I am more and more certain he will be) I am not wasting my time watching the finale. I will be back next season, but after the reunion show, I am done with this garbage for the time being. I am so glad we have the pictures so we can look at everybody's show. I would love to see Laura but not enough to endure the spawn of Wendy and Santino and Uli's world of halter fashion.

Thanks so much for posting those links dot!

Laura's collection - probably the most saleable overall. But a bit borrring to look at - it's almost entirely in black!

Michael's collection - some things I really like in it, but overall, too many 1960s baby doll dresses. I remember my mother wearing things like that in the late '60s, early '70s (she used to have a town seamstress copy Mackie gowns etc., too Lol - which those animal print gowns reminded me of).

Uli's collection - kind of a mess. No real focus, and too many similar outfits. Then again Chloe had similar criticisms last year and won. I just didn't think most of her garments were 'aesthetically pleasing'.

Jeffrey's collection - the little brat, I liked much of his collection. I thought that he did the best job of the four, at incorporating similar design elements without making similar designs. That said, it's a limited clientele.

It's difficult to say just from still photos, however, and especially without seeing the clothes in person. For instance, a lot of people liked Santino's collection last year... but the judges said it looked like a mess close-up with threads hanging, etc. So those things factor into the win also.

I wonder if Jeffrey might actually win this thing? His personality's horrible, but, they know he's got the ambition, confidence and drive to actually make the most of this win and publicity and opportunities. Well, he's already proven himself in business actually.

I hope Michael wins though, or Laura. I found Uli's collection too wishy-washy. And Michael & Laura both had pieces I absolutely loved.

Btw, what's up with all the bathing suits? Maybe a final surprise challenge?
    Seems a bit random to be in every collection, and looks arbitrary.

I'm confused--so all 4 went to Fashion Week? I thought only 3 got to. Granted this is the first season I've watched all the way through, so maybe I have it wrong.

Hi, Starbucks!

So that viewers won't know who the final three are, the fourth contestant also gets to show at Fashion Week - but is not eligible to win the (Project Runway) competition.

Hope that helps. (Oh, and to make things even more confusing - the preview ad said something about "We are no longer tied down to a final three" - so some think only two might be in the running still! But either way, all four finalists get to show a collection.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Hi, Starbucks!

So that viewers won't know who the final three are, the fourth contestant also gets to show at Fashion Week - but is not eligible to win the (Project Runway) competition.

Hope that helps. (Oh, and to make things even more confusing - the preview ad said something about "We are no longer tied down to a final three" - so some think only two might be in the running still! But either way, all four finalists get to show a collection.)
    Now that makes a whole lot of sense! Thanks! I guess it would take the suspense out if only the finalists showed, since it would be easy to find out who they were.

Did anyone see the link to Malan Breton's collection? It is fabulous--they have it in the Malan thread. If he hadn't been kicked off, I think he would definately be a possible winner.

In an effort to keep all the collections in one place, here is Malan's collection.

+ Reply to Thread