+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion Week **Possible Spoilers**

I checked the olympus Fashion Week site and they took down the link to watch the video- (it was up earlier but hadn't been loaded yet).

I wanted to see if Jeffrey did anything different during the show. Remember the first episode when his model threw feathers and he said he likes to do theatrical things on the runway?

I say if that is his style, then he should have gone for it and not be hindered by the judges opinion of what a show is- they seem so fickle they might have changed their tune -again.

Guess we'll have to wait.......but I haven't read anything regarding this from the countless viewers who have reported in on today's shows.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

OH MY GOOD LORD, WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!

Anyway. THANK YOU for posting Jay's collection. I LOVE Jay. So far, he is still my favorite. If I could meet anyone, I'd meet him because he was TOTALLY himself and he understands the word "collection" which none of these 4 contestants really did to me.

Now for my analyzation of the collections:

I found Jefferey's to be surprising in the way that it was softer than his usual style, but then again, I disliked it for that same reason. If I was on this show, I'd go all out for the collection. To me, itd be, I dont CARE if I win (it'd be nice, but still) I'd rather show ME than me modified by the judge's stupid opinions (I hate the judges by the way) anyway. It bored me in the way that it wasn't very surprising. I was disappointed.

Laura -- it was gorgeous. Like someone else said, it will sell the best. I think she did some wonderful pieces and she did branch out a LITTLE bit, which is nice. I mean I only saw a couple of those necklines of hers lol. But I think she DESERVES to win because she is so much older and of them all, she has been the most consistent in showing work that is wearable, pretty, and her signature style... without making it all too matchy-matchy (like uli).

uli's clothes are pretty, but they're not doing it for me AT ALL. Exactly what I expected from her. I don't think a single one of those dresses could be worn with a bra even if the model had wanted to. and that annoys me. Sleeves, she added... but the style is still too hippy/miami for me. she should've tried something a LITTLE more elegant, personally. and by elegant, i mean something more like laura's style lol.

michael... SUCH a disappointment. I wasnt thrilled with any of the collections, I was disappointed with them all, but still.. i dont know. i expected a strong, forceful, beautiful, even HEROIC collection from michael.. and to me, its a bunch of crap thrown together. pretty peices, with NO sync. UGH.

overall, Im disappointed in this whole season and this is the only one i've seen the whole way through. next season, they better get some really talented people or I might not watch. ;( as far as who I think wins... its either jefferey or laura for me.decoy - I dont know. lol. I think all 4 of them end up going, really.

MALAN SHOULDVE BEEN IN THE FINAL 3!!!! stupid judges bet they're kickin themselves NOW that he's shown something so GORGEOUS! i saw someone else post about it, but did anyone have the link to austin scarlett's show? did kara saun show? or daniel vosivic?
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

I really think all of them are rather disappointing. I had high hopes for Michael and Uli and neither of them really impress me. Laura I expected to be there but not to really compete and Jeffrey..Well he's there. Maybe they'll look better than you see the models walking the runway because just from those pictures its really disappointing.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy View Post
    Interesting to hear the feelings about Michael's collection. Here is an article about the show:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060915/...ia_runway_dc_1

"The audience favorite clearly was Michael Knight, who throughout the season showed judges thoughtfully tailored designs, but took chances in this collection.
    The audience was actually cheering for Michael himself during his runway introduction, not his collection. Based on the reports, it is actually Uli who has the best audience response.

How is it that Malan gets to show a collection at Fashion Week?

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    How is it that Malan gets to show a collection at Fashion Week?
    Both Malan and Daniel Franco showed their collections at the Style Loung, which is less prestigious than showing at the Bryant Park tents.

And I assume this is the same model, yes?

Uli:

Daniel V:

FORT Newbie
    Michael's also my favorite from the show, but I'm a little disappointed in his collection. I thought that, once released from the constraints of the weekly challenges, he would produce an epic collection that clearly showed his superiority over the others. Not so, unfortunately.

Jeffrey's stuff is not my style (I hate asymmetry and sloppy layering), but I'm not sure I could rate him in an unbiased way because he's so hateful. I really think he's there for the entertainment factor more than anything. And maybe the whole "recovered substance-abuser homeless person" sympathy angle.

Uli certainly has a distinct style (and I don't think there's anything wrong with that) but I question the wearability of her pieces. Not everyone can or wants to go bra-less.

Laura, as well, stayed true to her classic style. Hers is the only collection I could see wearing myself. The judges have shown with Chloe that they appreciate skillfull construction and flawless tailoring. I think Laura's a strong contender for the win. Wish she'd used more color, though.

At first, none of the designers impressed me. I thought Laura's collection was beautiful, but borderline boring (I personally love her though). Michael's collection was a huge disappointment. I think he tried to replicate the Icon episode with hot pants, but failed on all of them. The proportion is just wrong, made all the models with hot pants look they have short legs. Jeffrey's collection is just ugly. I admire his courage to push the envelope, but he failed.

Having said that, I looked at their collections several times and I now think Uli's collection is by far the best one. The one with yellow with brownish print show above in quangtran's post, I think, is seriously spectacular. I didn't notice at first, but when the model came out, it's a dress. Then she proceeds to take the dress part of it and it's a swimsuit. I think it's such an innovative way to wear a swimsuit and quickly transition into an evening look. I think this one on its own may be one of the best pieces I've ever seen anyone make (well, I'm not a big fashion fan, so that's not saying much). I'm really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru View Post
    At first, none of the designers impressed me. I thought Laura's collection was beautiful, but borderline boring (I personally love her though). Michael's collection was a huge disappointment. I think he tried to replicate the Icon episode with hot pants, but failed on all of them. The proportion is just wrong, made all the models with hot pants look they have short legs. Jeffrey's collection is just ugly. I admire his courage to push the envelope, but he failed.

Having said that, I looked at their collections several times and I now think Uli's collection is by far the best one. The one with yellow with brownish print show above in quangtran's post, I think, is seriously spectacular. I didn't notice at first, but when the model came out, it's a dress. Then she proceeds to take the dress part of it and it's a swimsuit. I think it's such an innovative way to wear a swimsuit and quickly transition into an evening look. I think this one on its own may be one of the best pieces I've ever seen anyone make (well, I'm not a big fashion fan, so that's not saying much). I'm really impressed.

agreed. i liked Laura's a little better than Uli's but after looking at them a few more times i REALLY like Uli's

FORT Newbie
    Jefferys: cool ideas, not executed well, most look cheaply made
    Micheals: probably my favorite, i thought almost all the outfits were pretty hot
    uli: everything was very pretty
    Laura: it was alright, she always bores me even though her stuff is nice and well made...its just nothing you look at in awe.

+ Reply to Thread