+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

episode 9, couture challenge. If you have a shot of the back too, that would be awesome!

Yes - I thought it might be "Couture de Jour" - but she usually wears more than one outfiit per challenge. I can't recall offhand - did she wear only one outfit that episode? (I know she wasn't in the entire episode)

If you could describe it a bit that would be great... for instance the color or anything else. Then, I will post it in Heidi's thread.

I think it's a black dress. Her hair is tied in a knot behind her head.

Jia's accident

Next week's TV guide had an article about Jia's acident. She got hit by a bus and thrown under at truck. She was in the hospital for 6 weeks with a fractured skull and eye socket. She is only 18 yrs old. When she came out of the coma the first thing she said is "Oh, I'm going to be late for Project Runway."
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am very upset about Kayne and the way the judges seemingly feel about them. I hate how they've developed biases and whatnot. I don't mind tackiness... But has anyone seen, I think maybe it's Dior...? Seem those "knight" designs? That's not TACKY? whatever. And Jefferey's design this week wasnt tacky? Whatever. I just can't stand how rigged this all seems. Ughhhh. Kayne should've gotten the chance to show a collection, especially over Uli -- and even though I've seen her collection, I still think Kayne could've done something amazing. I dont like any of these designers especially... Michael was great on the show (though when he had the couture challenge, he showed how he can't deal with extreme detail) but he disappointed me incredibly. This whole season has. The three designers I liked the best aren't there anymore, so that just sucks. lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Kayne seems to be resilient, though. I think he recently had a show of his own, although not at Fashion Week. I hope he gets to Fashion Week someday!

I don't think Dior's recent knight story was tacky; it was bold, daring, and inspirational and totally high art. It was perfect Galliano showmanship.

Kayne, on the other hand.... I understand why he is well loved. I respect that. He is very good at making clothes.

However, Kayne is a bit lowbrow in his taste; he has the desire to make art, but his range is more arts and crafts. It seems his aesthetic was honed at the local hobby shop rather than in studious admiration of great masters of art. Additionally, his grasp of culture is extremely limited, which sort of deprives him of the necessary creative inspiration a deep well of cultural understanding provides. My best example ot support this was when Heidi said they will design an outfit for a "jetsetter" and Kayne immediately thought of Tara Reid.

Contrast that with Galliano, who is capable of taking huge flights of fantasy , executing it perfectly, and in the meantime inspiring the entire fashion world with his creations. Kayne needs a lot more exposure to high culture before he can even come close to the sophistication of Galliano.

But none of the designers on PR are Galliano's or McQueen's (though some of them think they are). Kayne went far, and he should be proud to make it as far as he did in a pack of talented and capable designers such as this season. He just fell a little short and had too many missteps.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    For once, I felt bad for Vincent. His dress wouldn't have looked as bad on his model--fortunately it sounds like she recovered ok from such a bad accident. While overall (regardless of the model) the skirt was too short, that's an easy fix (why he didn't make it longer with the extra fabric is beyond me...) and I think it was one of his better designs. It still wasn't good enough for him to win the challenge and be kept over one of the others, but for once it didn't make me totally want to scream and throw things at the television.

FORT Fanatic
    Does everyone know that this week there is no new episode? I was all excited and set my TIVO to record what was listed as the first half of the finale at 9 and the second half at 10, but it turns out that those descriptions are in reference to Season Two.
    I guess that means I don't have to skip ANTM afterall....

Yes, this week is a Season 2 marathon. w00t!

Next week (9/27) is the final four, then the following week (10/4) is the reunion, then the following week (10/11) is the finale.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread