+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Oh Wow Jia/Gia was in a bike accident?

Every season something happens to a model. I think it is an omen. Last year, an ANTM hopeful was killed or seriously injured.

Why wouldn't they tell Vincent that she was injured until the last moment. You would think everyone would have been informed of her misfortune. At least, they could send their well wishes.
    Jia was riding her bike to the PR fashion runway show when she was hit, so the producers probably didn't find out until the last moment. She was in the hospital for several weeks, I believe, poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Jeffrey is going to stay no matter what he does. He's the villain, they have to have somebody fill that position and it's him. It would be kind of fun if in the next show - which has to eliminate either Uli or Laura -- he did something genuinely bad (bad design, bad sewing, the worst of the worst of everything) and watch the judges squirm trying to find enough good things about it to justify keeping him in. That might make the show worth watching

Ha... kind of like a modern-day "The Emperor's New Clothes." No one willing to stand up and admit a garment sucks... sorta like the episode with Vincent's walking "art" horror.

Boy, was I upset when I saw the gruesome twosome come back!!! I thought Vincent was sure going to be in the final three, given what we knew about Jia, but turns out reports of her accident were a bit misleading. I have to say Vincent's dress was better than anything he had done before. Too bad he couldn't adjust to Javi's proportions (although I don't think it would have made any difference).

I wonder if bringing those two back didn't affect the designers more than we could see. I loathe Jeffrey, but this was really bad for him. Not that he hasn't done ugly stuff before, but his execution is much better than what he vomited down the runway this time. And if people in LA go to a cocktail dressed like that, then all the Woody Allen jokes about the place are true.

I love Laura's dress. It was very Laura (minus the usual three yards of clavicle) but it was young in spite of its severity. Gorgeous fabric! Loved Michael too. Great overall look, but it was nice to see Laura win. I just hope they don't give Jeffrey a win next week. He is so full of himself, he doesn't need the momentum. In a few more years, he will be Vincent: a legend in his own mind. Vincent had a much better exit this time, and after being so upset at them being back, I am actually glad because I got to see him being kicked out again (That's for the recycling challenge you nimrod!!!) and I got to channel Kristin Chenoweth one more time.

Angela had a nice cocktail dress.... for having drinks with Captain Picard on the Starship Enterprise.

Jeffrey seriously makes me sick--who gives the rest of the cast the finger for no reason? I still can't believe he won the jet-setter challenge, did you see those PANTS?! there was nothing cool about them, they looked disgusting and weird on a guy. Michael was robbed if you asked me.

Re Jeffrey's dress, Judy Jetson wouldn't be caught dead in it, even Julia Robert's hooker ensemble in Pretty Woman was more sedate, attractive and sophisticated, and the only way Capt. Picard would be in the same room with a woman wearing that monstrosity would be if the Borg Queen captured him to show off her new line of Santino-inspired lingerie, Bondage by Borg. There's just so many things wrong with it, I don't even know where to begin, but coming from a guy who thinks neck tattoos are attractive and who dressed himself up like a pimp two episodes ago, not surprising.

As for Laura being mad at her model, and switching next episode, I doubt it. For one thing, she knew the girl was trying to help her, even if her "help" didn't necessarily help. The model has done well for her, and on a pragmatic level, is she really going to want to change models and thereby change measurements for the LAST challenge? And who's she gonna take instead? Steal Nazri from Michael? (Don't see it happening) Jia's clearly not available for the next challenge given that she's in the hospital for at least a month after this, do you really see Laura wanting to use Amanda (more of a mouth than her own model) or Vincent's substitute model or Angela's? Dont see it.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I agree. I’ll have my usual insane amount to say tomorrow, once I’ve actually watched the show, but I guess Laura could “take” Marilinda. You are right, ClosetFan, I don’t know why she’d want to get rid of Camilla, I didn’t see the show, but I can’t imagine her letting something dramatic like that getting in the way of business.

[begin threadjack] Yes, definitely Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn, but I've been getting sick of that commercial, because of that extra few seconds in the middle annoys me! And its ALWAYS on!! [end threadjack]

Can’t wait to see this stuff you’re all talking about tonight!
    Could does not mean should

I agree with Closet Fan regarding laura changing models. Besides, she is fabulous. Reminds me of that tall amazon Yves Saint Laurent had in his documentary at the end. Her coiffure is a tad severe, but it works for her. I just hope they don't bring all three models next week. Nobody is going to pick Angela's model or Javi this late in the game, and dragging them out would just be cruel. I wouldn't put it pass the producers to do it though. If she let them, they would wheel in Jia if they thought it would add drama to the show.

Not only was Marilinda's dress unfortunate, from a certain angle she looked like and XXX version of one of those bug eyed children in those paintings my grandmother loves so much.

FORT Fan
    I just started watching Project Runway earlier this year, and I have to say that Jeffery makes me sick! Most of the things he has designed have been absolutely hideous. There were a couple that were ok, but I really can't believe he has made it this far. They were right when they said last night that his designs are edgy but lack elegance. That "thing" he designed for the Mom was absolutely an embarassment! His feelings sure did come out in that one. I hope he either steps it up next week or exits quickly!

this is the twist I didn't expect! (well... kind of... ) Vincent and Angela were there for drama factor (for Jeffery to explode or something like that). Kayne was there for a while (they need a scrapegoat to cut) so Michael, Laura and Jeffery can secure a spot in finals. Uli will unfortunately be AUF'd next week (because she didn't provided enough variety to show she can do much more than just a freakin' dress) and be there as a decoy in the finals runway at Bryant Park this week. Cutie Michael can present a cohesive collection, hopefully Preggy Laura can do it too (but I have a sneaky suspicion that she is there for drama between Jeffery). Wacky Jeffery is clearly there for drama too and probably try to present something edgy but probably too much for people to take...
    Can't wait to see upcoming episodes! Jumped shark or not, I still will be watching any more new seasons!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Laura's husband? He's supposed to be wealthy and or famous?

ooh, Jia,. anyone know how she is? can she still model? so many questions...
    Her husband is Peter Shelton, a partner in Shelton, Mindel and Associates. He is an architect, and his firm did the Ralph Lauren flagship store in NYC. Laura worked at the firm too.

I hate to drag all this out again, but I think Laura was indeed drinking on the show. It didn't seem like they had an alternative to champagne, but I could be wrong. It's taboo in the new Puritan America for her to even think about drinking, so I hope she doesn't get tarred and feathered for it.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread