+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think the point the judges have been trying to drive home to Kayne over the past few weeks is that while they do think he is a designer, they have too many doubts about his taste to think of him as a high fashion designer.

Jeffrey's loud, angry style already has a place in the high fashion market, so his clothes could sell (just not to everybody). But all too often, Kayne's outfits have been borderline tacky, which is unforgiveable on the runway no matter what the style.

(Keep in mind I would love to see Jeffrey gone simply for being such a b*st*rd, but objectively this is how I see them)
    That's my exact take on the situation of tonight's show.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Having said that, I think Jeffrey's dress was 10 times worse than Kayne's tonight, and the judges should have sent Jeffrey home on the merits of that alone. But obviously they have formerd their opinions about who they think could put a real collection together, and that seems to be factoring just as much in their scores as does the garment in front of them.

While I think that should be a small factor, I don't think it should matter to the point where they ignore what's right in front of their eyes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Laura's husband? He's supposed to be wealthy and or famous?
    According to People mag, Laura (43) is expecting her FIFTH little BOY!! Her oldest child is a girl, but all the rest are boys. They range in age from 3 to 18. The baby is due in November. Her husband Peter is also an architect. He is 60 years old.

Congrats to kayne for bowing out with style & class-(exactly what the judges accused him of lacking). He must have learned alot from watching all those pageants.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Once again Kayne gets flipped auf by the fickle finger of fashion.

I love how the judges question the taste level of the designer who created a "working girl" outfit, but spared Jeffrey's "cheap" hooker dress.

Project Runway is comedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim View Post
    Congrats to kayne for bowing out with style & class-(exactly what the judges accused him of lacking). He must have learned alot from watching all those pageants.
    Wasn't he questioned for his "taste," not his class? I'll miss him and all his quote-worthy quips.

BTW anyone else think the judges have become particularly harsh this season. They have done way more criticizing than critiquing.

Michael Kors has become a parody of himself-the first few seasons he came up with some pretty funny zingers. But now he seems to be trying too hard to be witty and say a memorable quip about every outfit. IMO most of his jokes this season have fallen flat- Michael- "I'm Underwhelmed".
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Yes, they are harsh, and I'm sick of the faces they make, too, when they don't like something, particulary Nina.

I was kind of surprised how they mentioned Jia's "bicycle" accident in passing. Interestingly enough, they didn't mentioned that she was hit by a BUS while riding the bicycle and was seriously injured and in the hospital for a long time. Very odd that they made it seem like nothing of importance.

Bye Kayne

Runway_Victim: Yes - I thought it was a sharp contrast to Jeffrey's reaction just before it: Jeffrey ran backstage and gave everyone 'the finger'... (even though) he was safe. (Next edit) Kayne was out, yet thanked the judges for the opportunity. He went out with tact and grace.

Winston: I agree! Jeffrey's outfit gave new meaning to 'working girl'. And, it wasn't even original.

SV: I thought that was weird, too. Tim announced it as if Jia had just been late back from lunch or something. Very nonchalant. The show should know by now, people will find out and discuss it before the episode has even aired!
    Last edited by Brandy; 09-14-2006 at 03:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread