+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 222

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #141
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove View Post
    random question: for those who have seen the Audrey Hepburn dancing commercial, set to Back in Black, for gap.. what movie is that? haha
    I believe its from Funny Face, co-starring Fred Estaire.

  2. #142
    Moi
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    chez moi
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove View Post
    random question: for those who have seen the Audrey Hepburn dancing commercial, set to Back in Black, for gap.. what movie is that? haha
    Funny Face

  3. #143
    Kneel before your god gamer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination that I think Kayne is the best designer of the bunch, but both he and Jeffrey have their niches, and can't seen to move outside of them. They've both been in the bottom (or deserved to be) and both had their lack of taste level moments. Question is, on a more macro level, who is supposed to be America's next great designer? Methinks Jeffrey has less of a chance than Kayne does. On a micro level, who did a better job with tonight's challenge? Kayne. Jeffrey's dress was a misshappen, awkward nightmare that would have been a "what was he thinking?" moment in any fashion magazine. It not only looked cheap, it looked ridiculous.

    But of course, Kayne had to go even though others deserved it worse because it'll give the judges the perfect setup to keep Jeffrey for the final 3. They'll eliminate Uli next episode for being too redundant and not moving outside her comfort zone (even though Jeffrey is even more incapable of doing that, and he's far less capable of designing anything that could appeal to the general public) and that way he of the neck tattoos can be around to create drama for this farce of a show.
    I have to say that this is all pretty true. I guess I just thought Kane's tackyness surpassed Jeffery's redundant designs.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey Starbucks880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,091
    I am so glad they sent Vincent and Angela right back home--I thought I was having a nightmare when they got them back on--the two worst of the bunch. I think they definately did it for the drama factor. I did like the look on Jeffrey's face, lol. I think they should have sent Uli home instead of Kayne. I didn't like his dress, but he at least attempted to depart from tackyness, while Uli made a different variation on the same thing. Other than that they made the right decisions. Though I think they will probably send Uli home next week for the simple fact that the judges will probably get tired of the same dress and she hasn't proven she can do anything else. I loved Laura's dress. It wasn't a huge leap from what she usually does, but she did something a little different and classic.
    It will definately be Michael, Laura, and Jeffery in the final 3. I look forward to seeing a collection from Michael and Laura. Michael will win, though.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 09-13-2006 at 11:29 PM.

  5. #145
    Devil Woman CourtneyLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Here. In My Head
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    I believe its from Funny Face, co-starring Fred Estaire.


    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Funny Face

    Thanks you two!
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey Quemoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,494
    Akat. I think your formula is very accurate.

    So you say Uli is the decoy because the editing never has her speaking back to Michael? Intersting observation.

    I heard Michael's statement get cut off abruptly. I never catch those editing glitches.

    I like Uli's patterned designs. She is very talented in that area. The others can not touch her ability to mix and match some patterns.

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey Quemoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,494
    Oh Wow Jia/Gia was in a bike accident?

    Every season something happens to a model. I think it is an omen. Last year, an ANTM hopeful was killed or seriously injured.

    Why wouldn't they tell Vincent that she was injured until the last moment. You would think everyone would have been informed of her misfortune. At least, they could send their well wishes.

  8. #148
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Kayne did use white. And it was never specified that they had to use a certain percentage of either. If it hadn't been that, they would have found something else to eliminate Kayne for.
    Yup, its been clear to me that Kayne had an axe poised over his head, it was only a question of whether he bought it before Uli or vice versa (and I would have bet on him going first, to make it easier for the evil friend of the Spawn to win a spot in fashion week).

    In fact, it will be Michael, Laura, and Jeffrey in the final, just about guaranteed. . .There's your final three: Michael, Laura, Jeffrey.

    As in the last season, the village idiot will go first. Buh-bye Jeffrey. You have no talent. You are only there because you are obnoxious and were well-taught by Santino to act like that.

    The one with the most sophisticated taste will go next. Danny V, we remember you fondly. And Laura, we will enjoy your collection too.

    Guess what? That leaves Michael who wins.

    Now you all know what happened last season, will happen this season and undoubtedly will happen next season.
    Yes, its gotten even more formulaic than ANTM has, in half the time, and that's quite an accomplishment. I totally agree with your assessment with how things will go down. I like Laura, and basically like her aesthetic, but I think Michael's dress this time was better, and he deserved the win, but reality TV dictates that in order to promote Laura as more of a contender (she hasn't won a challenge up until now, right?), she wins this week, and she'll probably win again next week, whether or not she deserves it, so she's in front runner position.

    (Oh, and by "village idiot", I dont actually mean the designer, I mean the producers who are stupid enough to think they know what the "formula" for the show has to be....- you don't really think this show has anything to do with "fashion" do you?)
    Naw, lost that illusion long ago. I continue to watch the show because I am interested in the fashion designing process, however ludicrous and dishonest the context, and because I like the honest but clueless frontman Tim Gunn who has no idea about all the moonshine being sold in the back room, but I have the utmost contempt for the show, its producers and the alleged judges. As for Jeffrey, he clearly is inherently obnoxious (hard to imagine such a jerk being friends with Santino), and perhaps has played that aspect of his obnoxious personality up to keep on the show longer than he deserved, so I think calling him village idiot, in any context, is perhaps the nicest thing we can say about Wendy III. Or should I say Skunkzilla, Part Trois?!?!

  9. #149
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,696
    I was very dissappointed that Jeffrey stayed tonight. It was obvious that Laura and Michael were the top two and Angela and Vincent the bottom two and Uli, Kayne and Jeffrey were in the danger pool of one of them going home. It should have been between Uli and Jeffrey simply for the fact they both have been doing the same dress over and over again and at least Kayne tried to stretch and do something different. If either Uli or Jeff had been eliminated it would have been a righteous call and not seemed fixed as it did.

    BTW I don't think the outfits Kayne does for the pagents are the work of a seamtress they are the work of a designer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #150
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    BTW I don't think the outfits Kayne does for the pagents are the work of a seamtress they are the work of a designer.
    I think the point the judges have been trying to drive home to Kayne over the past few weeks is that while they do think he is a designer, they have too many doubts about his taste to think of him as a high fashion designer.

    Jeffrey's loud, angry style already has a place in the high fashion market, so his clothes could sell (just not to everybody). But all too often, Kayne's outfits have been borderline tacky, which is unforgiveable on the runway no matter what the style.

    (Keep in mind I would love to see Jeffrey gone simply for being such a b*st*rd, but objectively this is how I see them)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.