+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 09/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Hey, we will have a hint of who stays in week as soon as they do the model selection. Since we know that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jia
    is in the final, whoever choses her next week should be safe.
    So they
    Click to see Spoiler:
    must be repicking models next week. Because Jeffrey seems to be in love with Marilinda and I can't see him deciding to let her go for another model when she's won him a competition 2 weeks in a row.

Tonight was the first night I was worried for Michael. I knew he wasn't going home, but that dress was very poorly made. I guess Vincent's was worse, but I expected Michael to be in the bottom two. I did like Kayne's; the skirt was gorgeous.

Vincent seemed nice, but his dress was really bad. Laura's was elegant, but boring. Jeffrey's was fun, but I don't like him at all. Uli's...very cute. I would've liked to see Malan do one of these, and maybe Keith, if he left his books at home. My favorite, though, was Heidi's judging outfit.

Okay, new viewer alert: Can someone explain the concept/word "Auf'd" to me? I assume it's German....thanks!
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique View Post
    Okay, new viewer alert: Can someone explain the concept/word "Auf'd" to me? I assume it's German....thanks!
    "Auf'd" is short for "auf Wiedersehen" which means goodbye in German (Heidi Klum is from Germany).
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Oh, yeah, should've known. Thank you!
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by volatility View Post
    Someone post descriptions of these outfits -- I cant find the pictures & I MISSED IT -- my power was out! LOL. What was kayne's dress like? I love kayneeee<3
    volatility: I'm going to try to be as neutral as possible with these descriptions.

Laura designed a black wool, long-sleeved, calf-length gown with a plunging neckline below the breasts. The deep V neck and cuffs of sleeves are embellished with a flourish of layers of white organza.

Michael created a rouched (sp.!) vivid blue dress with a very thick halter neckline. He said it was the very first time that he had hand sewn anything and when the camera does a close-up, it shows. Over the breasts, are two extensions that come up, which the judges called "bunny ears" and asked Michele to tuck them inside the bodice. When he did that, the dress actually looked pretty nice. It was made out of a satin-y material.

Kayne's dress is a metalic gold corset top with golden flowers, bead work, boning for stiffenss, and brown ribbons. The skirt is a flowing gown in goldtone and brown fabrics, cut on the bias. The back of the bodice is extremely interesting with an assymmetrical lace-up. Beautiful.

Vincent's creation was a cream top and skirt: the top had huge capped sleeves and a very plunging neckline to the waist, but a very detailed back, which judges commented on that "it should be reversed to wear." The skirt was halfway pencil design, with cream on cream brocade.

Jeffrey's dress is either a Love or Hate affair: bright yellow PLAID, it was sleeveless, had a bustle in back, layers and layers of fabric and had a front "slit" that was completely open, exposing shorts or a tiny skirt (can't really tell.)

And then their's Uli's dress: sleeves and semi-halter, she braided elements of her fabric in soft dove grey as a series of straps to support the dress. The breast area is beaded and the braided straps flow down the front of the dress, with the skirt being a matching dove grey chiffon fabric.

My opinion? My partner and I were blown away by Kanye's corset dress and both of us would have fought for the right to wear it! But, I have many corsets and corset style dresses so this played right up to my tastes. He got horrid reviews from the judges, telling him that it was "too busy" and that his style of taste is just "too...too". My taste is very similar to Kanye's: big/bold/beautiful so if he goes mainstream, I'll end up buying his designs.

Jeffery's dress, in both of our opinions was just plain WRETCHED!!! We both stared in disbelief as the judges drooled/fawned/and applauded his design. My girlfriend is a size 0 and even she could not have pulled off the 20 yards of yellow plaid fabric he cocooned that model inside of. However, the judges thought it "bold and fun and exciting" (whatever :eyeroll) so meany Jeffery gets another pass.

Uli's was beautiful and I could see many women looking good in her design.

Poor Laura counted on her ruffles making the dress. However, when the dresses and designers were shipped back to the US, her ruffles were as flat as 3 day old whipped cream and just hung at the collar and wrists. I commented to my girlfriend, "What chance does the women wearing the outfit have, if it's a One Time Only wear??? How would those ruffles stand up after a dry cleaning....a can of starch???"

Vincent cheated throughout the competition and used a horses's worth of glue to create his dress. :nono Shame on you, Vincent. Although he left, I don't think that it was the glue that did it (at least the judges didn't mention it); it was just a boring, poorly designed dress.

Michele's dress: Indifferent. That's all I can say.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    sorry but kayne should have won thsi challenge. this competition is soooo rigged!!

I thought Uli should have won. I loved her dress. Either her or Kayne. I cried out in JOY when Vincent was sent home. Thank the heavens. There is a Bravo God.
    Also, Michael knew his dress wasnt that great and said as such....which made me like him even more. He didnt try and act like it was the best thing ever created.
    Last edited by pickles; 09-07-2006 at 11:17 AM.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    sorry but kayne should have won thsi challenge. this competition is soooo rigged!!
    I so agree with you, jacobson00. I realize that High Fashion is about theory and breaking pre-conceived ideas, but you still have to base it in some reality of $$$$. When my partner and I watch this show, we always try to guess what celebrity would wear each dress.

Uli's would have looked great on Nicole Kidman.

Kayne's dress would have rocked on Halle Berry and brought the house down.

Jeffrey's monstrousity??? I only think Uma Thurman could have worn it and then she would have been torn to shreds by Joan Rivers.

Laura's dress would have looked nice on Glen Close.

The others: no one would want to wear the rejects.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Anyone notice that Vincent's couture dress and his recycled dress have the same narrow pencil skirt that the model could barely hobble in. I guess it makes him hot knowing the woman in his dresses can't get away from him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Marilinda sold Jeffrey's dress, absolutely. When she hit the runway it was like an explosion of positive energy. It stood out, in my opinion, against the tried and true types of evening gowns the others made.

I thought Uli's was gorgeous as well; but Jeffrey's stood out. Much as I dislike his personality, his designs do have his specific 'punk' energy - in couture he'd be more along the lines of a Gaultier (don't take that too literally) than say, an Yves St Laurent.

I liked Laura's gown also. It reminded me of early Chanel. I hope she told Richard Tyler that the collar was crushed on the return trip, and we just didn't see it in the final edit. Because that cost her points.

I'm gonna try and post some screen shots of the gowns in a bit... for the person who was curious.

+ Reply to Thread