+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Thank goodness, one village idiot is gone. Vincent dear, I mean this in the kindest way, but please use what is left of your money to get some counseling.

Now, will somebody tell me what was so great about Jeffrey's dress? Was it the bilious yellow color? The sofa-print pattern? Or was it just that they had to have some excuse to keep him around because he's obnoxious and the producers think he will add to the drama?

We have to have one male and one female designer in addition to Jeffrey the village idiot, so there are two questions left:

Laura or Uli?
    Michael or Kayne?

I hate this show.

Bilious yellow color -that is the perfect visual description-just horrific. A BILIOUS YELLOW TRAINWRECK! I keep using the word trainwreck- but hat's the only word to describe my reaction to that monstrosity! And speaking of trains, The back looks like crazy quilt pathchwork.

I'm so glad Michael made it through- he deserves to be there due to his superior work week in and week out- he had a bad night BUT had he gone home due to that stupid points system, oiy! I also appreciate his honesty and his maturity. he's there to work rather than being the center of attention.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Moi
    redsox girl, I don't think I even noticed the style of Jeffrey's dress. I couldn't get past the hideous fabric. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind wearing that piece of garbage.

BTW, have to admit I was distracted tonight....when the show started Randy Johnson was pitching a no-hitter. I think he finally gave up a hit or so, but they won *grins*

Here is how I ranked the gowns

1. Kayne-Loved it. I thought it was beautiful.
    2. ULi-Loved the muted colors, and the beadwork
    3. Michael-I like the runching, but agree with the judges how much better it looked when he folded the material in.
    4. Laura- I thought the same think about a dress from the 80's a romantic look
    5. Jeffery-I hated the fabric. Made me sick just looking at it.
    6. Vincent- About time, the fit was bad, the fabric was bad. no no no is right.

Glad he is gone. but will be even happier after the judges stop kissing Jeffery's behind and realize how ick his work really is.

Moi
    BTW, what on earth was the point in going through a model selection last week when 1) they didn't even use those models 2) Angela got auffed and they never even went through another model selection to give her model a chance?

This show is not only phoney and has nothing to do with design, they aren't even logical or consistant any more. If I were a model (as if!) I would have nothing to do with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I loved Jeffrey's dress! Especially after seeing Marilinda (sp?) in it, i agreed with the judges completely.

and after seeing the previews for next weeks episode, im feeling Laura might be out. Laura is pregnant and i think the stress of the competition is getting to her. She might have to put this baby before the competition.
    Shoot me, but I actually really liked Jeffrey's dress, too. I wasn't completely crazy about the color choice, but I felt like he really took the COUTURE aspect of the challenge and ran with it. And I'm not a fashion expert by any means, but when I think of haute couture, I think of dresses that are a bit over-the-top, exaggerated, with 'weird' angles, lines and.. definite creativity.

Jeffrey's dress was really the only dress that fit that image (at least in MY head) of runway couture.

Honestly, though, it makes me feel icky that I'm semi-defending Jeffrey. In the grand scheme of the show, they should have given the win to Uli, but it didn't surprise me that they had him win back-to-back. (That way, when he's in the final three it will be more 'believable' /pure speculation)

I HATED Vincent's and I am relieved that he's FINALLY gone!

All I have to say is Vincent is gone! Vincent is gone!...
    I did not get to see the show but thanks to yall recaps I can go to bed and have a peaceful Vincentless nite!!!!!!!

I'm wondering....do you suppose Jeffrey misunderstood the challenge and thought they were supposed to get their fabric from the hotel room (as in challenge one)? That fabric looks like it came off the sofa in a very cheap motel.

Who knew a sofa print could be so fashion forward? I don't get the judges AT ALL anymore.At the begining of this season I thought it was me, not the judges who had a problem because hey, I admit, I live out in the country, in the middle of nowhere, so what do I know about fashion? Maybe I do have tacky taste, right? Who am I to question the great and powerful Michael Kors and Heidi Klum? But nope, it isn't me, it is them- they have gone off the rails completley this year.

anyone but Jeffrey in the final there, please Lord, , please, I don't ask You for much, but I'm begging You...spare us from JEFFREY!
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

redsox girl, I don't think I even noticed the style of Jeffrey's dress. I couldn't get past the hideous fabric. I can't imagine anybody in their right mind wearing that piece of garbage.

BTW, have to admit I was distracted tonight....when the show started Randy Johnson was pitching a no-hitter. I think he finally gave up a hit or so, but they won *grins*
    I know! I was watching two ball games as well as this show -I am afraid tonight I will have dreams about Randy Johnson pitching a no hitter while wearing a bilious yellow plaid dress. Heck, that dress is so bad Randy Johnson wearing it would be an actual improvement to it, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall View Post
    Here is how I ranked the gowns

1. Kayne-Loved it. I thought it was beautiful.
    2. ULi-Loved the muted colors, and the beadwork
    3. Michael-I like the runching, but agree with the judges how much better it looked when he folded the material in.
    4. Laura- I thought the same think about a dress from the 80's a romantic look
    5. Jeffery-I hated the fabric. Made me sick just looking at it.
    6. Vincent- About time, the fit was bad, the fabric was bad. no no no is right.

Glad he is gone. but will be even happier after the judges stop kissing Jeffery's behind and realize how ick his work really is.

excellent critique of the dressess- it seems kanye's dress is more popular with viewers overall than with the judges. I think it was lovely. You're dead on about equating Laura's dress with the 1980's romantic look- I was trying to figure out exactly what it reminded me of( Shakespere came tio mind because of the collar...)

FORT Fan
    Does anyone know what a group of sharks is called? They certainly have jumped over more than one!

I just don't get it! One week they complain about Uli's use of patterns and then Jeffery presents that awful mess?

One week they say how too offensive some thing is, and then we have Jeffery's dress win which is slit up to the model's crotch when she walks.

They complain about how dresses "flow" and I kept thinking how beautiful Kayne's dress looked on the runway. That should have been the Miss Universe dress!

They complained about Angela's arts and craft projects then we see Jeffery's mess. Come on now! Why didn't he just make it in flannel ! ? !

And my first reaction also was "Angela!" when I saw the back of Vincent's dress! At least he went home!

And why didn't some one speak up and say that the dresses really had already been to a party! It was the outfits that they went to Paris in that were suppose to travel well! I kept waiting for some of the dresses to fall apart while they were partying on the boat!

OK I'll calm down now. . . . . .and I really used to like this show so much !

+ Reply to Thread