+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 09/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Hey, we will have a hint of who stays in week as soon as they do the model selection. Since we know that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jia
    is in the final, whoever choses her next week should be safe.

I was under the impression that said girl was simply one of the models chosen for the final show, not necessarily the person who used her throughout the show...
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I hope to see "Project Runway 3 -- I'm sweating like a whore in church Bravo, Wednesdays @ 10 pm" on the board soon! Although, I do like the quote that is there now, too.
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27 View Post
    I hope to see "Project Runway 3 -- I'm sweating like a whore in church Bravo, Wednesdays @ 10 pm" on the board soon! Although, I do like the quote that is there now, too.

I wanted it there too!

Ahh, can't wait.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

I think Jeffrey is absolutely despicable (the contrast between Kayne toasting to his first win, and then him saying later on "Who cares if he gets hurt?" says it all. Jeffrey, you're all heart). I hate having to give her props, but he was very clever in dealing with this challenge. I hated the dress, the color, the voluminousness, but his was the best finished look up there. However, as far as I could tell, he just stitched together a bunch of fabrics (they looked like those cheap blankets you buy at Wal-Mart) and didn't bother making a ton of tiny details like Michael. It takes skill to do what Jeffrey did, but I thought Michael was actually more ambitious (and thus failed), and his is the dress that I would like to see done properly. You know, designer do not sit there making all those details by themselves. I remember seeing this documentary on Saint Laurent, and he just had these women executing what he told them to do. And oh what frocks those were!

When Vincent was finally kicked out I started to channel Kristin Chenoweth and ran through my apartment singing "I just couldn't be happier..." Of course, like Satan in Paradise Lost he had to spit back at us as he fell into the void, and give us that final image of how being in PR got him off.

Jeffrey is good, probably better than Santino, but he is not as good as he thinks he is. It would be interesting to see if he pulls out a great collection for Fashion Week, as opposed to Santino who sold himself as so avant-garde and then bored us with his tasteful dresses with insane boobs. If that is the case, I wonder if the show would have the courage to make someone that deeply unpopular the winner.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove View Post
    I was under the impression that said girl was simply one of the models chosen for the final show, not necessarily the person who used her throughout the show...
    The article said that at the time of the accident, she had already filmed almost all of the final show and she was in the finals. Since this was a month or so ago, obviously it's not the final FINAL show -- that will happen next Friday after the Fashion Week show. So it must mean the show where they pick the final three that she is in. And she must be with one of the final three designers if that is the case.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    I love how the judges criticize one designer's lack of taste -- then give the top prize to a designer whose outfit makes it look like the model literally rolled out of bed wrapped in the sheets she slept in.

what i am most annoyed about is ... when the judges are discussing everything when the designers are back stage --
    and the guest judge says something to the effect of
    michael trying to use the fact someone threw and egg -- as reasoning -- and that he should better protect his garment - i even think he said stand in front of it --
    WTF guy ?????

he was walking from one place to the other with NO idea someone was gonna throw and egg -- what did you want him to do -- wrap it in plastic while it was on his model??? that comment annoyed me most -- well i take that back -- 2nd most -- looneyvins last "got me off" comment was the most annoying LOL
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    what i am most annoyed about is ... when the judges are discussing everything when the designers are back stage --
    and the guest judge says something to the effect of
    michael trying to use the fact someone threw and egg -- as reasoning -- and that he should better protect his garment - i even think he said stand in front of it --
    WTF guy ?????

he was walking from one place to the other with NO idea someone was gonna throw and egg -- what did you want him to do -- wrap it in plastic while it was on his model??? that comment annoyed me most -- well i take that back -- 2nd most -- looneyvins last "got me off" comment was the most annoying LOL
    If you think about it, these garments aren't usually made to travel. Plus they have the lesson of Morgan with Kevin's swimsuit from Season 1.

I think they were still so blown away at being in Paris to think about it. If anyone should have been paranoid about their garments during the walk it would be Michael and Vincent, since their gowns were so poorly constructed.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If you think about it, these garments aren't usually made to travel. Plus they have the lesson of Morgan with Kevin's swimsuit from Season 1.

I think they were still so blown away at being in Paris to think about it. If anyone should have been paranoid about their garments during the walk it would be Michael and Vincent, since their gowns were so poorly constructed.
    i'm sure they were paranoid -- i think michael even mentioned it -- but NOT about someone throwing something at them --
    more about it falling apart -- big difference in the way you would "protect" things there -- but thats just MHO
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove View Post
    Well, I was under the impression it would be like the last two seasons and the model goes with the designer -- subject to all the selecting and non-selecting when a designer gets auffed. They say that the winning model will get a magazine spread, so there IS a winning model -- whoever is the model for the winning designer at the end.

That the article says she is in the finals means she is the model for one of the final three designers. The final three have already been decided, but not the winner. That is the only interpretation that makes sense to me.

The final runway models weren't chosen yet at the time of her accident, so she couldn't have been chosen for that. She has to be one of the models that is going to the finals with one of the three finalists.

+ Reply to Thread