+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 09/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Once again I am (nearly) alone in my principals because I really liked Jeffery's dress and I actually really liked Laura's dress (although for Laura I think it would have been helpful if it had been sleeveless and a different fabric. But I thought the collar idea was hot).

I liked Kayne's dress but I do see where Tim was coming from with the visible boning. I mean, when they were buying their fabric why did he get Black boning if he wanted to use a gold mesh? There must have been an extenuating circumstance that didn't come up in the show 'cause that just doesn't make sense on its own.

I loved Uli, but that's because I love Uli. I agree that she seems to be a one note which is dissapointing. BUT she's happens to be on a note that I personally like so...

Michael really bumped his head BUT what I loved about it was his honesty and intelligence in assessing his dress. Instead of pulling a "Vincent", he was able to honestly critique - and hence honestly learn from - his error.

Vincent... you know... it wasn't even satisfying to see him go. I mean, this dress wasn't great, but after the basket hat and the Garbage Dress.... he just should have been gone such a long time ago that when he finally did leave it was like "whatever". AND he so CLEARLY got the Aufed edit this episode I knew within seemingly 5 minutes of watching so... I have to say the departure of Vincent was a bit anti-climatic for me. Oh well, he's gone and I should just be thankful.

(edited 'cause the run-on paragraph I had going was illegible...)

I actually got the "Commes de Garcons goes to the Amish Country" line. When he said it, I found myself bursting out laughing.....Be as it may, it was a little curt, this man get paid for his advice and his fashion. We may not always agree with the execution, but you can't say he don't know fashion. I'd rather gather points and research because if it was left up to me, all I would buy
    is BCBG, Lauren and Dior......

I love the fashion expansion this show brings.
    "Say hello to the bad guy"

I really think the judges are strongly prejudiced against Kayne- most likely because of his pageant background.

Check out the Elle site- you will see couture designs by Galliano & Gaultier that look just like Kayne's dress. Some even more "gaudy or too much".

And during the Jet-setter episode his outfit was no more of a costume than Jeffrey's.
    And have you ever seen Gaultier or Galliano or Karl Lagerfeld for that matter (tiny ponytail, sunglasses, gloves and a fan)- Would they tell them they don't look like a "jet-setter" or were too costumey??
    The judges should have critiqued the garments construction & fit and not attacked the designer's personal style- They were designing for themselves for criminy's sake!

I fear he will the be the next to go- simply because he doesn't have the background that the judges believe a designer should have.

It's pretty obvious who their favorites are (Michael and Jeff) and anyone else will be eliminated for trivial things, just to ensure their faves makes it to final three.

They've kept some pretty crummy designer's (Angela, Vincent) just to take advantage of a solid designer's slip up (Alison, Robert).

At this point either Jeff or Michael could present almost anything and get a free pass.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 09-08-2006 at 03:55 AM.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    All I know is that I'll be very happy if it doesn't come back for a third season, because then I'll never have to see the word "auf" or "auffed" or "auffing" again.
    This is the third season...

FORT Fogey
    I agree with everthing you have said ComputerSaysNo.

Jeffery. I LOVED his yellow plaid gown! Loved it. It is one of the best creations on PR to date. I expect to see him at Fashion week and he could win.

Kayne. I understand where the judges are coming from. Sure you see very gaudy gowns from top designers in couture, costumey too. They are judging by a different standard here. You do not see the over the top Gautier gowns on the red carpet and if you do, they make the "what were they thinking" list. Couture is an art form and can be a more serious design to be worn. Both are true. Runway shows are all about the extreme. Look at Jay's runway collection. Had he done some of these for a challenge he would have been criticized, as well.

Laura. I adore this woman but her fashion sense is stuck in the 50's. I don't see her making it beyond next week.

Michael stubbed his toe here but that won't hurt his chances if he gets back on track. Everyone is allowed a mistake. They love his design sensibilities and genuine presence.

Uli. Her dress was close to a Santino creation and very Uli. I see her making the final 3 if Laura and Kayne blow it. And it looks like Laura is in trouble this week.

Vincent. Well it is about time. It really turned me on when he left.

Thank you muchly for the descriptions and the pictures -- I agree, Kayne should've won. They say Kayn'es taste is too "tacky" and pageanty, but they want high fashion, couture... Well, if couture is over the top, then I think he should've gone FARTHER with his dress, not taken a step back. The judges seem VERY inconsistent with what they want. I think they need to come up with a new way of judging, personally, because this just doesn't make sense to me. And yeah, Uli's dress was the same. I don't know. The judges are just pissin me off. LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Vincent. Well it is about time. It really turned me on when he left.
    HA!!! This cracked me up

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by volatility View Post
    Thank you muchly for the descriptions and the pictures -- I agree, Kayne should've won. They say Kayn'es taste is too "tacky" and pageanty, but they want high fashion, couture... Well, if couture is over the top, then I think he should've gone FARTHER with his dress, not taken a step back. The judges seem VERY inconsistent with what they want. I think they need to come up with a new way of judging, personally, because this just doesn't make sense to me. And yeah, Uli's dress was the same. I don't know. The judges are just pissin me off. LOL.
    Fashion is an art form. The creation that wins is what resonates with all of them to a larger degree than another. There will never be a formula for judging something subjective. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Fashion is an art form. The creation that wins is what resonates with all of them to a larger degree than another. There will never be a formula for judging something subjective. Never.
    I totally agree, fashion is an art form & extremely subjective. Which is why I believe the judges will give more leeway to contestants they respect.

I have been in a creative field for over 20 years and it makes all the difference in the world when your audience respects you and your ideas than when you are dealing with someone who doesn't like/or respect you personally- they will find fault with every little thing you do professionally.

Which is why Kayne will get beat up on the runway & Jeffrey gets accolades.

Jeffrey's dress this competition was way more "over the top" than Kayne's. I can see Kayne's dress at Golden Globes or Oscars, if someone wore Jeff's to an awards ceremony they would definitely get the "what was she thinking" award.

And if the Statue of Liberty wore that thing, we would have sent her back to France- toot sweet.
    Last edited by Runway victim; 09-08-2006 at 01:42 PM.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS View Post
    Did Michael just say "I'm sweatin like a whore in church"?

THE quote of the night!!!

"Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

+ Reply to Thread