+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    It was Kayne's time to go. Not Angela's. I was heartbroken. Angela was such a sincere sweetheart for these past few weeks, and her designs have been great. Kayne's....just been a disaster for these past few weeks. I'm gonna miss Angela

My Final 3:
    Micheal
    Uli
    Laura

But I think that Jeffrey (*gags*) might be in the final three instead of my wonderful Uli .

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I really thought last night episode was a lot of fun, but as usual, some of the judging surprised me.

Jeffrey must be creaming his pants that he won a challenge AND Angela got sent home on the same day. I really thought they would send Kayne home to maintain the Angela drama factor.

Kayne's outfit was an abomination. It's the kind of thing I've seen Midwestern tourists who think they're being trendy wear when they go to Vegas. It was more Englebert Humperdink than Elvis.

I was surprised that the judges were so harsh on Uli, especially after she made that strapless dress in the recycling challenge and that beautiful outfit for Kayne's mom last week. I posted a few weeks ago that I was tired of all her halters, but she's done some other really good stuff.

I wasn't crazy about Michael's outfit. The laces hanging all over the pants and the cut of the shirt was more bad 80's than hip-hop fashion, but it was well-done.

Kayne won his only challenge for designing a pageant dress and Jeffrey won one for designing "rock star" clothes. Yawn.

There was mostly a whole lotta crap on that runway last night. As much as I dislike Vincent (and nearly all his clothes), I've seen outfits like his worn by the more stylish men his age when they travel. He did a good job on that one. Laura's was really pretty too.

Poor Angela; flew out to Paris to get Auf'd.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112 View Post

My Final 3:
    Micheal
    Uli
    Laura
    Mine too. In a perfect world....
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

FORT Fogey
    I didn't think they were hard on Uli. They asked that she show them something else. I understand that. Her dress was not jet setter either. It was tropical climate party dress and that is not what they were after.

As much of an abomination as he is, Jeffrey has some skill and a consistent vision. However, he is not as good as he thinks he is. And almost everything he has made (except for the dog challenge dress, which was cute) is very costumey. And that outfit tonight was well made but so 70's. Only old rockers or wanna be's would wear that stuff these days. And the only person to pull off a jeweled crotch (pardon the image) was Peter Berlin. He was such a pure exhibitionist, it never came off as sleazy.

If the rest of the show before Fashion Week is in France Jeffrey has an even better chance of getting to the final three. The Europeans love that over done esthetic. Michael and Laura's purity of line is much more the American style.

It is too bad this show is turning more and more into typical reality TV.

Jeffrey v. Santino & Wendy

Although Jeffrey has been a jerk personality-wise, I would much rather him end up in the final 3 instead of Vincent. I think Jeffrey, like Santino, has demonstrated talent as a designer, but he is hit-or-miss on the challenges. I loved his dog challenge design, recycling design, and his rock star design. Hated his first design, the mom challenge design, and the Madonna design.

Wendy Pepper did not have talent or personality, at least as she was depicted on the show. Jeffrey and Santino both demonstrated at least a few examples of high fashion, talent, and originality. Uli's and Laura's designs have been consistently good but many of them have looked a little similar to one another - not as adventurous. Michael is, in my opinion, by far the greatest designer on the show - his work is interesting, innovative, and very "him;" he is nice to everyone and very smart about his designs, the advice he gets, and the way he presents his work; and he is consistently good without his work all looking the same.

Vincent seems nice enough but I think he's more of a Wendy than a Santino, and I don't think he has produced a single strong outfit.

My final 3:

Uli
    Vincent
    Michael

4 - Jeffrey/ Laura

Jeffrey is going to miss Angela, in a weird way, because he has the kind of personality that thrives on conflict (and if Angela had screamed back at him she probably would have stayed another episode or two), but I don' think he can pick on anyone left. Laura would just spread him on toast. Michael just ignores him. Uli is just not confrontational at all. That leaves Vincent and Kayne and Jeffrey is too smart to go after them. Vincent is a tad insane. I mean, the way he kept saying "It's artsy" about that wreck of a "dress" in the recycling challenge was unnerving. He sounded like Peter Lorre. And Kayne would just scratch out the tatoos from his neck. Beware an out and proud southern queen. They don't get to survive by being little magnolias. Remember how he got back at Laura when she was being so motherly with him.

This is just speculation but when they showed the commercial for us to pick the Fan Favorite or who we thought would win, the showed a cell phone and up with every contestants names floating beside it. However, the only ones that showed up on the phone were Michael, Laura, and Jeffery.

I wonder if this is a slip up, letting us know who really is going to be the final three.

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32 View Post
    As much of an abomination as he is, Jeffrey has some skill and a consistent vision. However, he is not as good as he thinks he is. And almost everything he has made (except for the dog challenge dress, which was cute) is very costumey. And that outfit tonight was well made but so 70's. Only old rockers or wanna be's would wear that stuff these days. And the only person to pull off a jeweled crotch (pardon the image) was Peter Berlin. He was such a pure exhibitionist, it never came off as sleazy.

If the rest of the show before Fashion Week is in France Jeffrey has an even better chance of getting to the final three. The Europeans love that over done esthetic. Michael and Laura's purity of line is much more the American style.

It is too bad this show is turning more and more into typical reality TV.
    i don't like Jeffrey as a person but some if his designs are great (dog challenge, newspaper)....and i disagree i think his outfit for himself was very now. the skull thing is very in and that whole style is very in. i'm sure he'd put out a great collection. but he is one major prick

+ Reply to Thread