+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PR team on Larry King Live Friday 8-25-06 on CNN

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

PR team on Larry King Live Friday 8-25-06 on CNN

Supermodel Heidi Klum and the "Project Runway" team. Tune in Friday at 9 p.m. ET.
    There is a link on the page where you can email questions to Heidi and the others.
    Larry King Live

FORT Fogey
    Woo-hoo! I usually don't see notices like this until it's too late. (I did that to myself today - I found someone to tape the Tennis Channel for me one day AFTER the two shows I wanted to see had aired) But I'm actually seeing this a half hour before it's on. Thanks rt1ky!

It looks like the cut the PR short by a half hour so they could talk about the JBR case. That just pisses me off to no end.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Moi
    So far nothing is happening on this show except they are all (Heidi, Tim, and Nina) are all praising each other to skies. Typical

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Moi
    ohhhh, now Jay and the Texas prom dress queen are going to be on. I really wish somebody would ask them all some really hard hitting questions like why the people who are really nice are auffed first while the obnoxious personalities remain or why Tim and Heidi have made such really nasty comments about blonde and "zaftig" models. I doubt that will happen though.....they seem to have immunity from those questions.

If Larry was given the time and had the will to make this more than a fluff piece, they could have asked those questions, AKat. At least it was nice to see my little bit of sunshine in Jay McCarroll. No one in this season or the last has matched him yet in style or humor. (I just love that guy!)

Moi
    corprip, yes, it is unfortunately just a fluff, PR piece. If you are in another time zone and it isn't on there yet, forget it. There is nothing here of any interest. Boring.

Larry is clearly clueless about this show. He cut off a caller asking about the "zaftig" comments because he had no idea what she was talking about. I think his heart is more into the JBR case.

Moi
    Ahhh...they took ONE phone call -- somebody in LA took them to task on the "zaftig" and "plus size model" stuff. Tim had the decency to say he regretted saying that! Heidi, on the other hand, basically said, "get over it, plus size is a fashion term". I am not happy with their explanation. The WORST part of all this is that while they were answering that question CNN was showing footage of the mothers/sisters walking the runway -- giving the impression to people who do not watch the show that THAT runway was what they were talking about. SHEESH. CNN can be really stupid sometimes.

Nina looked very uncomfortable with the question from the caller. Dare say even a bit disgusted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast