+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    It definitely would be. I can just hear the judges now.

"Your mom looks really fat in that dress. It is so unflattering on her figure. You should have been able to dress your mom properly, being a female designer."

That would be hilarious! I really hope that happens!

holy crap, batman, what on earth would jeffery put his mom in?

Quote Originally Posted by the puce terror View Post
    holy crap, batman, what on earth would jeffery put his mom in?
    i'm sure it would be something that he saw - on his walk in the red light district
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

I really dislike Vincent. He should have been out. His designs are lousy and he's a pain in the a$$.

Laura may have gone on the attack about the model walk--but she was right, the model couldn't walk in his monstrosity. The thing that bugs me about Vincent and Jeffrey (and Kayne and Robert for that matter) is that they go personal in their attacks. At least Laura's comments have been related to the designs, materials (fabric selection), or final products.

So sad about Allison--I really wish she had pulled something together. At least she could have styled the hair differently!

ETA: much as I dislike Jeffrey, I thought his dress would win. Maybe Michael's, which looked really good, was better in person.
    Last edited by alphacat; 08-16-2006 at 11:29 PM.

Allison was robbed........period. Allison's crime was making her model appear plus sized. Nearly every week, she consistently ranked in the top.

Vincent as usual paraded garbage down the runway. Jia's ability to walk saved the oufit from shredding.

Laura was right for calling out Vincent. He has been in the bottom nearly every week. The only reason he wasn't aufed that Heidi likes him because he thinks out of the box.............whatever

Jeff was robbed, Micheal's outfit was average.

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Urgh! That's complete bull!!
    beauty is only skin deep.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashion_Nazi View Post
    Allison was robbed........period. Allison's crime was making her model appear plus sized. Nearly every week, she consistently ranked in the top.

Vincent as usual paraded garbage down the runway. Jia's ability to walk saved the oufit from shredding.

Laura was right for calling out Vincent. He has been in the bottom nearly every week. The only reason he wasn't aufed that Heidi likes him because he thinks out of the box.............whatever

Jeff was robbed, Micheal's outfit was average.

think of this: in an industry where people starve themselves and throw up on purpose so they can disappear when they turn sideways, making someone look fat is THE cardinal sin. allison is lucky the judges didn't tie her to a stake and stone her. i'm sure nina wanted to.

FORT Fogey
    So if Allison was a completely dweeby on another planet male designer like Vincent, would the fit be ok. Geez if that was overweight looking wow.

Slightly off-topic comment -

During the episode when Michael was talking about his design, am I the only one who got a "OMG, he's a male version of Danielle (from America's Next Top Model)!" vibe? It's something about his mannerisms with the way he talks, and that he has a bit of twang to his voice or something.

They have gimmicks. And they complain if you design "over the top" or if "you are too plain". But the catch is, they apply these as they see fit with no consistency whatsoever.
    Seeing this comment reminded me. When they called Laura's name, I was hoping she was in the bottom three for having a BORING and 'safe' dress. *yawn* I swear, if I see one more plunging neckline or fur trim, I think I'm going to scream.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject - Laura, PUT ON CLOTHES THAT COVER YOUR CHEST!!! While I applaud your attempt at a smackdown of Vincent, I did not need to see that much of you. Never wear that shirt again, please.

However, she and I both anticipated that the bulkiness of the pleated corset would add more girth to her already-plus-size model.
    Alexandria is plus sized???? Yeah, she's a whale.

FORT Fogey
    No kidding if that is plus size holy moly she looks too thin like the rest of em.

+ Reply to Thread