+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heidi's Choice: Favorite Runway Design from each Season

nah Chloe did the pockets too but she did them right. Vincent's pockets look wierd.

everytime i think of season 2 i think of Chloe's dress. it's crazy cute

This will drive me insane, after Heidi calling out two designers for the auf-ful sin of making their models look fat, she chooses Michal's coffee filter dress. I have yet to see one photo where the silhouette is flattering. It makes that model look obese or pregnant.

Sure the idea is nice, but the execution is flawed. The waist should not balloon out. No woman wants to look fat. Why are people so thoroughly suspending their objectivity with this dress. Even if you don't like the design, Look at Chloe's outfit, at least it would create an optical illusion of slimness, even Austin's cornhusks dress has a pleasant hourglass shape. I'm sorry but it always irks me when I feel something or someone is unfairly praised.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu View Post
    This will drive me insane, after Heidi calling out two designers for the auf-ful sin of making their models look fat, she chooses Michal's coffee filter dress. I have yet to see one photo where the silhouette is flattering. It makes that model look obese or pregnant.

Sure the idea is nice, but the execution is flawed. The waist should not balloon out. No woman wants to look fat. Why are people so thoroughly suspending their objectivity with this dress. Even if you don't like the design, Look at Chloe's outfit, at least it would create an optical illusion of slimness, even Austin's cornhusks dress has a pleasant hourglass shape. I'm sorry but it always irks me when I feel something or someone is unfairly praised.
    notice who Michael's model was for that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests View Post
    notice who Michael's model was for that challenge.
    I did notice that and thought it was ironic, but even taking her waist into account, the model looks unflatteringly paunchy. I estimate her real waist to be about 28-30 inches, about 4 inches more than her listed "stats". In the coffee filter dress, it gives her the appearance of a 34-36 inch waist. And that ladies is a horrible thing.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Perhaps the silhouette wasn't quite there, but it was daring and imaginative beyond belief - good grief, coffee filters?! Who would've thought?! This guy was definitely thinking outside the box, which a lot of people - including the top bigwigs in the biz - will remember. Personally, I thought it was an amazing feat.

Love it or hate it, Michael will forever be linked to that dress

Rum
    FORT Newbie
    I think the way Michael arranged the coffee filters made the dress as flattering as it could be. In terms of visual illusion, the coffee filters themselves fan outward so they're going to add girth no matter where they're placed or positioned. In fact, I believe had he used fewer filters, the whole effect would be lost because then you'd actually be able to tell that they were coffee filters. The fullness of the dress almost gives the appearance of ruffles.

I think he did a wonderful job when you take that into consideration, and the fact that it has been a stand-out dress speaks volumes. It was from the first challenge and people (including those outside of this forum) are still talking about it. Overall, I don't think the model's silhouette in the dress is that offensive.

those are some intersting choices....me personallly...

I loved Wendy's dressed for Melissa for the fashion week show (I had a similar dress for a wedding I went too lol)

For season two, I really loved the elegance of Chloe's ice skating outfit, it was very graceful and very suited for Grace.

so far...season three....i really liked Michael's celebrity icon outfit.

I really liked the dress from Wendy's collection that was reminiscent of the Tippi Hendren dress from the birds.

I loved, dare I say it, Keith's red dress for the dog challenge this year.

And I love, (but couldn't wear), Michael's fashion icon hot pants outfit

Odd that of all the garments over the past 3 seasons, those stand out.

here is the pic of the Tippie Hedren outfit

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Projec...11_wendy_8.jpg

Now I think I'm beginning to understand Heidi's almost manic obsession with girth and looking fat (EXCERPT AND LINK below:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/08/21/showbuzz/index.html#2'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Heidi Klum and her husband Seal, currently expecting their second child together, might not be done.

"We want to have a lot of children," the supermodel tells Life magazine in its latest issue. "(Seal) always says that he finds me the most beautiful when I'm pregnant."

Klum and Seal, who were married last year, already have a 10-month-old son, Henry Guenther Ademola Dashtu Samuel. Klum, 33, also has a 2-year-old daughter, Leni, from a previous relationship with Formula One manager Flavio Briatore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12