+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Final Three

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Are you spoiling here or just speculating? There are three folks left who could satisfy the 3rd spot - Angela, Vincent and Jeffrey. Other than being annoying, Angela isn't particularly compelling. Vincent's "recovery from the edge of mania" and Jeffrey's "guy you love to hate" might make for better TV.
    I am just speculating. I just think Jeffrey does not have enough redeeming qualities to make it to the end, and Vincent is too out there in her own universe and does not have enough conflict with the others to be the guy you love to hate. Angela, on the other hand, has been getting good enough comments She won one challenge (thanks to Michael and Laura, but nonetheless..) and was over praised for her AUdrey Hepburn dress (please, Audrey Hepburn wouldn't be caught dead with that Laura decolletage). At the same time, it seems they are editing out some of the things she does that make her so unpleasant to the others (thus making her look more like a victim). The other women do not want to even have her in the room. Trust me, my glee at her dismissal would only be second to watching Keith go down in flames.I just have a Wendy feeling about her.

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32 View Post
    I am just speculating. I just think Jeffrey does not have enough redeeming qualities to make it to the end, and Vincent is too out there in her own universe and does not have enough conflict with the others to be the guy you love to hate. Angela, on the other hand, has been getting good enough comments She won one challenge (thanks to Michael and Laura, but nonetheless..) and was over praised for her AUdrey Hepburn dress (please, Audrey Hepburn wouldn't be caught dead with that Laura decolletage). At the same time, it seems they are editing out some of the things she does that make her so unpleasant to the others (thus making her look more like a victim). The other women do not want to even have her in the room. Trust me, my glee at her dismissal would only be second to watching Keith go down in flames.I just have a Wendy feeling about her.
    Yeah, but they editted out some or a lot of the stuff Tim said would have made Santino look even worse, too, not because he would look more like a victim, but probably because nobody would believe it wasn't an act how obnoxious he was...

I think Vincent still have a chance to get in there.Really.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I see Michael, Laura and Robert. With Allison showing a decoy line.

I remember at the start of this season that Tim Gunn said that these designers were the best that they had ever had on the show and they were all "professionals". Anybody else here if these were the best then how bad were all the rest who didn't make the show. I think this is by far the weakest set of designers of the three years I've watched, plus the fact that except for Keith who got the boot, the rest are incredibly boring. The only real designer that should win is Michael. He at least shows that he thinks about his work and is able to rectify mistakes. Brad was just a train wreck and should have been out earlier. Laura is an "A" number "1" bitch who's designs are dated and as unattractive as she is. Angela, honey, you don't get to have a "trademark" desing like those rosettes until you actually have a job in the fashion industry. Robert is a boring as the sack cloth he designed for Jackie "O". Kayne should go back to Nebraska and see how many crystals he can pile on Miss North Dakota's next "costume" Jeffery I kinda like (actually I like his ink better than his designs, lol.) Vincent poor lost sheep, doesn't really seem to know where he is or what he's doing. How do all of the rest of you feel about the quality this year?

I actually think the quality this year is miles above last year. Even my favorite of Season 2, dear Uncle Nick, was quite boring comparatively speaking (remember the fishtail?) I think the designers this year are taking more chances than they did last year, and they are able to execute their visions in ways most designers in the past have not been capable of doing.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    I actually think the quality this year is miles above last year. Even my favorite of Season 2, dear Uncle Nick, was quite boring comparatively speaking (remember the fishtail?) I think the designers this year are taking more chances than they did last year, and they are able to execute their visions in ways most designers in the past have not been capable of doing.

Great post!! I totally agree with you. I'm very impressed with most of the designers. Now Vincent is another story...

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I wouldn’t say that their miles ahead of the last crew. Sure, we see a lot more sleeves, coats and pants, but it’s kind of unfair that so many challenges in the last season where one-day-only (compared to this season where almost all the challenges were two-day challenges). I'm unsure about half of the designers from this bunch, eg Jeff, Vincent Angela and Uli. Uli's halter dress obsession was a billion times more infuriating than Nick’s three fishtail hems.

FWIW, I think the execution has been much better this cycle. There have been only one or two "oops" moments when the sewing was just plain off. For the most part, the fit on their chosen models has been great. This crop seems better at choosing the right tools for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Well, I'm not sure that's an entirely fair comparison, although they pretty much weeded out the Starrs and Marlas off the bat. This season's contestants have a lot of benefits that the previous season's contestants didn't. Someone mentioned these are mostly two day challenges now, not single day challenges -- take it from someone who sews, that makes a huge difference. And unlike Vanessa from Season 1, they came into this knowing they had better know how to sew, and all but one apparently knew they would have to be able to use an industrial machine (although some apparently don't believe they have to fix machines they've messed up)

They have the benefit of having watched two seasons of the show, not just one, they have a better idea (although in some cases, not how to execute it, or completely refusing to try to follow it) of what the judges expect and want, the general kind of challenges they would be facing, the big no-nos of behavior on the runway during Q & A time for team challenges (notice how no one is doing a Wendy, no one is doing a Vanessa self immolation -- except Malan -- volunteering that they're the weak link, no one is identifying the outfit as the worst, they're all being very circumspect, very cagey in their responses to the judges). I have a much better idea of what they potentially may be asked to do, and the skill sets they are going to need, so they should too.

+ Reply to Thread