+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 8/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yay for Michael!

I've been waiting for the judges to recognize him. I'm so glad he won tonight.

Also, I can't believe all the praise that was lavished on Kayne's dress. I thought his color and fabric choices were awul and his dress was ill-fitted, way too tight in the back.

Angela surprised me with her Audrey dress. I didn't hate it. I'm not crazy about the neckline, but the whole is a very pretty take on what Audrey might wear today.

And I do agree with Laura that she was at a slight disadvantage this week because Katharine Hepburn's style wasn't really as dramatic as some of the other women, but I think her design was perfect. The pants and blouse could've come right out of The Philadelphia Story, but they still looked fresh and cool. I'd buy Laura's outfit in a second.

It was so obvious Michael was going to win today especially since this is the first we have seen him for any great length of time. Still his outfit was gorgeous. If fact any of the top three, Michael, Kayne or Angela would have been a worthy winner. If nothing else Angela winning would have given Jeffrey the stroke he wished on Laura. Speaking of Jeffrey, he is so mean spirited and foul that I am having a hard time staying neutral about him. Everytime he opens his mouth it is to cut another person down, he just brings hate down on himself. Also his outfit was not modern Madonna it was 80's Madonna, still it was better than what either Vincent or Bradley had made.

Bradley was the right choice to send home, he should have been gone from day 1, he is so vacuous.

I did like the twist with having the models pick the designers. That was a brilliant touch by the producers.

As far as the Bobbin Debacle it is pretty obvious that Angela is the easy target. Everything is Angela's fault and Jeffrey is quick to hang her out to dry. If Angela was not there Jeffrey would just find someone else to target, it is pretty clear that Laura would be next on his list. He does not like woman to stand up to him at all. At least Santino Rice has some redeeming qualities. He had a very strong point of view but he never came across mean spirited as Jeffrey does. I never hated Santino, he provided entertainment and controversy, but he was also funny. I just might end up hating Jeffrey, he makes it very easy to do.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I think Michael deserved to win LAST WEEK but not this week. I really think Kayne or Angela should have one this week.

However, I agree that Bradley's wasn't very good. So, I'm okay with him leaving. He's a bit of a flake anyway.

But Michael's team DID win the challenge last week, even though he wasn't the team leader.

But can someone please explain to me how Angela's outfit was supposedly so desirable and wonderful and very Audrey Hepburn? Audrey Hepburn wasn't about plunging necklines and showing cleavage, for heaven's sake! She was about simple, clean lines, cut of fabric, sophistication. She wasn't about having a fabric so busy, having all those lines going in different directions, looking chunky, and having some ridiculous weed on the waist that was there for no reason, other than Angela's obsession with fru fru.

Mesuspects producer interference. Angela's being puffed up for some reason. Either to set her up for a big fall, or to keep the drama queen around for longer...

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    But Michael's team DID win the challenge last week, even though he wasn't the team leader.

But can someone please explain to me how Angela's outfit was supposedly so desirable and wonderful and very Audrey Hepburn? Audrey Hepburn wasn't about plunging necklines and showing cleavage, for heaven's sake! She was about simple, clean lines, cut of fabric, sophistication. She wasn't about having a fabric so busy, having all those lines going in different directions, looking chunky, and having some ridiculous weed on the waist that was there for no reason, other than Angela's obsession with fru fru.
    Actually I think I meant the week before that -- the dog challenge dress. His was great! I was very surprised he wasn't even in the finals for that. He is very good!

As for Angela/Audrey, I hate to speak for the judges because I don't often agree with them, but they did say they were looking for an updated look. If Angela had sent something plain and straight down there, she would have been auffed tonight. From what Heidi said, it really did look good, like something Angela would have designed and like something Audrey might have worn if she was just coming up as a model/actress now. I agree with them on that. It was very wearable.

Oh, btw, slightly off topic, but I was reading something about Audrey Hepburn the other day. She said she was always amazed that people who didn't know her thought her to be small and fragile. She was actually 5'9" and quite healthy though she photographed as fragile. And she did model before she became an actress.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Mesuspects producer interference. Angela's being puffed up for some reason. Either to set her up for a big fall, or to keep the drama queen around for longer...
    I did think the plunging neckline was very Laura. Audrey was always very demure and modest with that hint of sparkle underneath. Still you would think a 21st century version of Audrey would be more daring then the original.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

it was also too close to what she's known for wearing, the little black dress. It was different, but not updated, it was sexy not classy. Still, coming from Angela it would be considered amazing compared to the crap she normally throws up.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Also, I can't believe all the praise that was lavished on Kayne's dress. I thought his color and fabric choices were awul and his dress was ill-fitted, way too tight in the back.
    Well, I congratulate him for going more conservative than he usually is, black is pretty damn conservative for him, but you're right, the color of the underdress was wrong, it should have been black or maybe midnight blue, and you're right, the dress didn't fit as well as it should have, especially over the behind, and I can't believe anyone didn't mention it.

And I do agree with Laura that she was at a slight disadvantage this week because Katharine Hepburn's style wasn't really as dramatic as some of the other women, but I think her design was perfect. The pants and blouse could've come right out of The Philadelphia Story, but they still looked fresh and cool. I'd buy Laura's outfit in a second.
    I thought the outfit was VERY Katherine Hepburn, and it was also VERY Laura, because basically, they're both strong, smart, elegant women with sophisticated tastes, but that smartass mouth and sassy attitude. That I thought might actually be a little of a problem for Laura, the judges might have thought she was really designing for herself, and the outfit did look a lot like the outfit Laura pitched for the Macy's challenge. Also, they might not have considered it enough of an update, enough of a departure from the picture, but I really liked it.

Moi
    Well, if we truly wanted to see what Audrey would be wearing this season, we'd have to go see what was coming out of Givenchy this season. She was very loyal to them and always wore their clothes in her movies.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Micheal deserved to win. His outfit was closest to his fashion icon. I thought he was masterful when describing his outfit. Nazri was smart to snatch him.

Laura was at a disadvantage because Katherine Hepburn was very conservative. There was no way to modernize the look as it's timeless. I thought she should been in the top three.

Uli's outfit was the same and I'm afraid she'll eventually get called out for that.

Angela nailed the modern Audrey Hepburn look. My wife thought it was a cute cocktail dress.

Bradley, dude.........how could you not know about Cher.

Kayne's dress was stunning, however I thought the model's butt made the back section odd looking. If his model was a size 36 that dress would been killer
    Last edited by Fashion_Nazi; 08-10-2006 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    As for Angela/Audrey, I hate to speak for the judges because I don't often agree with them, but they did say they were looking for an updated look. If Angela had sent something plain and straight down there, she would have been auffed tonight. From what Heidi said, it really did look good, like something Angela would have designed and like something Audrey might have worn if she was just coming up as a model/actress now. I agree with them on that. It was very wearable.
    Yeah, but a PLAUSIBLE updated look. Sure, if she had sent her model down the runway in nothing but a black slip dress, she might have been in jeopardy (but I think it still would have been Vincent or Bradley who went home), but the judges wouldn't let Robert get away with that (admitted nonsense) about Jackie being less than perfect today, more casual, do you really think it plausible that Audrey Hepburn would lower her taste level so much?

Oh, btw, slightly off topic, but I was reading something about Audrey Hepburn the other day. She said she was always amazed that people who didn't know her thought her to be small and fragile. She was actually 5'9" and quite healthy though she photographed as fragile. And she did model before she became an actress.
    Yeah I know, I love BOTH the Hepburn ladies. Audrey actually began life intending to be a ballet dancer, but she grew too tall. That, and WW2 sort of put paid to that (she lived in occupied Belgium, I think, at the time). One of the reasons why she was so focused in later life on charity work, working to feed starving children, was that she said that care packages from American charities kept her from going hungry at the end of the war, and she wanted to give something back, do the same for other children in need.

+ Reply to Thread