+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Runway Creations Photo Album - Season 3

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Have y'all listened to Tim's podcast? In it, he mentions that Diane von Furstenburg liked Robert's outfit and stated that she had known Jackie well and that Jackie would definitely have worn that suit.

(Well, maybe not with the rope belt, IMHO.)
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakhage View Post
    Yeah. His designs are so whimsical and witty, while being excellently made. I don't get why he's so maligned here, I think he's realy good.
    Yeah! Another Vincent fan. There is something artsy about him which sets him apart from all the other designers. And, it may be why he doesn't appeal to the aesthetic of the majority.

Vincent's designs are "interesting" (i.e. quirky) rather than "pretty". This is the best way I can think of to describe what I think makes him different than the others. And, it is why I like him so much.

I actually liked Twiggy's new look. And, I give him credit for at least trying the eye makeup (although it was applied too thickly I think).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    Angela's and Robert's designs have been added to Week Five.
    Dumb question, but what does this mean? Week 5? Aren't we already in week 5 and so we know both are around for it?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Jexter, SV added the Angela and Robert pictures later because they were not first available when she kindly posted the first batch. She was notifying anyone who read the thread earlier and saw that Angela's and Robert's were not posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    Have y'all listened to Tim's podcast? In it, he mentions that Diane von Furstenburg liked Robert's outfit and stated that she had known Jackie well and that Jackie would definitely have worn that suit.

(Well, maybe not with the rope belt, IMHO.)
    Interesting. It did occur to me that when Nina and Mikey were all over how impecable Jackie was and she would NEVER have worn that outfit, they were probably having the White House photo ops and Jackie in the pink pillbox hat and suit pictures in their minds, probably didn't remember the more rare pictures of her in later life when she was an editor. Don't remember her being picture perfect THEN, striking, elegant even, but not PERFECT, much more casual.

thanks for posting the pics -- i was just wondering - is there pics posted anywhere of what the ACTUAL owners of the dogs looked like -- just curious to see if they were anywhere near what the designers came up with -- i mean i know angelas isn't really a assistant director in england and blah blah blah -- but i'd just like to see them ... to compare
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

That'd be interesting to see, the original dog owners, lol. But yeah... Hmm. I really liked the dog challenge, I thought it was interesting. Jeffrey, Kayne, Allison, and Michael were my fave designs that time.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Newbie
    The dogs were from a agency, I assume the agency owns the dogs. The dogs may have a sort of "foster home" but I'm not sure.

Week Six: Recyclables

Jeffrey

Laura

Robert

Kayne

Alison

(Continued)
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-17-2006 at 03:39 AM.

Vincent

Michael *Winner!*

Angela

Uli

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast