+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Post Reports on Possible Sketchbook Scandal **Possible Spoilers**

New York Post Reports on Possible Sketchbook Scandal **Possible Spoilers**

COPYCAT-WALK

'RUNWAY' DESIGNS LOOK AWFULLY FAMILIAR: REPORT

July 19, 2006 -- CALL it "Project Scandal."

After just one episode, charges are flying over a contestant/designer who may have pulled the wool over the judges from Bravo's "Project Runway."

Wannabe-superstar designer Keith Michael may have plagiarized the design sketches he submitted with his application when he tried out for the popular reality series, according to reports that first surfaced on the Internet yesterday.

The sketches appear to be direct copies of outfits from other designers' spring collections, which appeared on the runways last year.

Michael's sketches were briefly shown along with those from other contestants during the premiere of "Project Runway" last week.

Some people suggest that Michael - who is considered one of the show's frontrunners - made the sketches by using a filter on the popular computer program PhotoShop that can turn photos into drawings.

Speculation is high that the judges may have known or learned later that Michael submitted copied sketches and will boot him out of the contest on an upcoming episode of "Runway."

Side-by-side comparisons of Michael's drawings indicate that his sketches are nearly identical to designs by Giambattista Valli, Marni and Lacoste from last year's spring collections.

Bravo officials declined to comment yesterday, but Michael, in a message posted yesterday on omgblog.com - which was among the first to point out the similarities - said the drawings were not submitted as his own work but as an assignment on "trends."

"For the record, I submitted five portfolios for the judges' review," he wrote. "The one you seem to be focusing on was a research assignment I did for a client in which I reviewed key fashion trends. . . . The panel of judges that reviewed my work had many years of experience behind them. I found them neither ignorant, uninformed or misguided about their own profession."

Link

Moi
    *LOL* The Post is pretty slow. This has been a popular topic on a lot of boards -- including this one in one of the *SPOILER* threads -- for about a week.

AKat
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

It has been talked about on message boards, but it's now in the news--if you consider New York Post stuff "news."

So, was this who Tim Gunn was talking to in that one preview about asking them to leave that never aired????

that show hasn't aired yet -- there is something on another spoiler page that says -- hedi made reference to it -- and it is to air later in the season - maybe 3 or 4th show .... thats just what i've read tho...
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    that show hasn't aired yet -- there is something on another spoiler page that says -- hedi made reference to it -- and it is to air later in the season - maybe 3 or 4th show .... thats just what i've read tho...
    Oooohhhh. Thanks ! These previews get me so confused sometimes, lol!

I noticed a lack of 3 or 4 of the designers in upcoming episode previews. I figured one of them were the naughty ones.

If it was him, he didn't design women's clothing anyway. Too bad though. He might have produced something interesting.

Moi
    The thing I find interesting about the issue of Keith's drawings is that Bravo hasn't made any statements about it. They were very quick to issue public statements when the Washington Post gave away too much in a story before the first show aired in spite of the fact that the story came out only a day or so before the show and didn't really get picked up widely. In fact, their statement was probably the first that a lot of people had even heard about the matter. They should have just kept quiet.

But the issue of drawings is getting wide play across the internet and the press and they haven't said anything....

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

I hope it's not Keith...he's definitely one of my favorites...

I'm actually hoping it's Vincent, because he seems to have already pissed off Tim.

Oh this is the big scandal?

Pshaw!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast