+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway July 12, 2006 Recap--Episode 301—The Clothes Off Your Bed

FORT Fan
    Mr. Pseudo-British guy irritates.

Magical Fish Kisses ihavebeefyfish's Avatar
    I'm new here, so bare with me.

During the process, we gain insight into Robert, as he becomes quite put out that Bradley took his personal, brought-from-home pillow and pillow case.
    That part made me uncomfortable. Hard to say why, but I do believe Robert had some attachment to that pillow. You know, in a 'blamby' sort of way. (Am I the only one who calls a baby blanket 'blamby'? ) Anyhoo, I was hoping that was the case, and a major throw down would take place...later resulting in the Tim's kick-to-the-curb incident on one or both parties. But alas, 'tis not meant to be. I always pysco-analyze people...resulting in loss of any friends/social life. But who cares when you have many, many episodes of Project Runway to keep you company!

(P.S. Great recap. Love the 'mafia line.')

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    My personal choices for the top 3 would have been Robert, Laura, and Michael, with Robert getting the win. Keith's dress was nice but not extraordinary—and too close to being made from fabric off the bolt.

However, I do agree with the bottom 3, and Stacey was the correct choice for "auf"-ing. And remember, the judges had no way of knowing that she didn't know how to operate a professional-level sewing machine! What would she have done had she remained? Hand-sewn everything? I don't think so!

I also think that the level of competitiveness will be much higher than in previous seasons. I doubt we'll see any variations on Kara helping Chloe glue leaves on her skirt or Chloe helping Marla find the center front on her dummy to help her drape. This season, I predict, will operate on a much higher level of selfishness.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Great recap, Phonegrrrl!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by rikyrah View Post
    Mr. Pseudo-British guy irritates.

I'd have to go along with that sentiment. Watching his audition interviews from this year and past seasons, I noticed he likes to use a lot of fur. When that woman came out with an entire white fox hanging around her neck, I had to look away. I shudder just thinking about it.

He's just so smug and superior. Irritating, to say the least!

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Just a question. Does Kate Spade have any adjectives in her vocabulary other than "messy"? It seemed to be the only description she had for the less finished-looking garments.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

A Wonderful, Funny Read, PhoneGrrrl! Thank you for pointing out that Malan not only looks like but drips with the aura of Bela Lugosi as Dracula. Before I thought he was only a snob - now I know he's a blood-sucking snob.

If you're a size 0-2 and around 6' tall, you can bid on the dresses made for this episode on Bravo's site: link
    Last edited by totoro; 07-17-2006 at 12:37 AM.

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    I thought Michael's dress should have been one of the top 3. But, I'm glad he's still there.

Vincent's crazy ass should have been auf'ed. His poor model...she needs to be given a hug for wearing that "hat".
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

Fabulous recap, Phonegrrrl! I loved all of your subheadings and descriptions of the runway. I sense Vincent is going to give you a never-ending source of comedic gold.

If one more person says fashion is their passion, I’ll auf them myself.

Malan, Michael, Bradley and Robert share one room, which could prove to be interesting: think Barbie Versus Dracula and relish the possibilities.

What next: if the gloves don’t fit, you must acquit?!?!

Hanging plants don’t make it on the runway for a good reason.

Kayne notes that he doesn’t usually work with rubber doormats in his design. [I bet he would if they were sequined.]

These guys are nothing but a bunch of remedial intermediates.

the pockets are decorated with what looks like throat lozenges, but later prove to be parts of a chandelier.

However, he is so jazzed by his hat creation, he could light up the NYC power grid.

I doubt Yves Saint Laurent would approve, Miss O-Hi-O.

Neither Bonnie nor Uli like the hat and privately say so, but no one will confront Vincent in his hat glee and talk him off that ledge.

Watch out for the bird flu: the feathers are flying.

It did remind me a bit of Chloe’s garden party dress from last season, but it was simple, elegant, and, provided it didn’t rain, strangely wearable.

And I also want to know why I have to look at Jeffrey’s nasty neck tattoo for another week.

I thought Bravo was above insulting the viewers like a Burnett show would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast