+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran View Post
    Everyone right now suspects Keith as the one being booted. His stenches from his book were simply traces from other recent collections. Sure, he's a freelancer and these could simply be the dresses that he showed in the photographs he brought in, but that would be hard considering those collections are in three different cities.

But if he does get booted, it probably won't be in this week’s episode. Here's a pic of the dress he made with Bradley in this week's team design challenge.
    Not sure what you mean by "stenches" but thanks for the picture. That dress doesn't look like anything special, imho.

I thought I read here somewhere the incident is that someone removed the bobbins from most of the sewing machines. Then the next challenge the same thing happened and this time he was caught. I just wish I could remember where I read that, so sorry if it's just a net rumor.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Fixed spelling error. It was Tim Gunn who mentioned the missing bobbin cases in the weekly podcast, found on the official website.

Everyone right now suspects Keith as the one being booted. His sketches from his book were simply traces from other recent collections. Sure, he's a freelancer and these could simply be the dresses that he showed in the photographs he brought in, but that would be hard considering those collections are in three different cities.

But if he does get booted, it probably won't be in this week’s episode. Here's a pic of the dress he made with Bradley in this week's team design challenge.
    That's the buzz I'm finding, too. This site has some more side-by-side comparisons of Keith's sketches with actual runway pieces by other designers. They are near exact copies, down to the poses of the models.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-17-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Thanks. And wow.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-17-2006 at 04:31 PM.

FORT Regular

Cave Dweller

Holy Cow! Keith's sketches are exact duplicates of other designers' garments. Not only that, but how stupid could he be to copy public photos of actual runway designs in every detail! Did he think no one would ever catch on?

If I were going to do something like that, I'd be quiet, polite, and compliant to avoid being the object of attention and hope to slide under the radar. I sure as heck wouldn't be running my mouth about the judges; being snarky to Tim (he stood up for you, numnuts!) being all arrogant about everything, and acting like God's Gift To The Woven Thread! That's some set you've got on you, boy!

I knew Keith was setting off my spidey sense, but I didn't think Hagrid was hiding him in a cave!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Aww, man, he's just a tracer! [/chasing amy]

I hope it is Keith who gets the boot for this obvious copying. It'll help mitigate any damage on the show's credibility. Otherwise, next year I'm going to dig out my old Tomy "Fashion Plates" designing kit from when I was a kid and do a portfolio.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 07-17-2006 at 03:11 PM.

It completely breaks my heart, but you're right PhoneGrrrl. They need to get rid of Keith.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

There were some problems with the pictures showing up in an above post, so here they are:

vs.

vs.

vs.

Fixed spelling error. It was Tim Gunn who mentioned the missing bobbin cases in the weekly podcast, found on the official website.
    Ty! I thought I was seeing things.

Yes, Keith needs to go. Copying others' work is totally unacceptable.
    You can get kicked out of college for that. Geez, how lame! You'd think he'd at least try to modify the outfits a little bit.

I think Keith is the one kicked off the show.
    Best Week Ever reported that
    if you look at his sketches he used for his portfolio, they are OBVIOUSLY photoshopped pictures of old Marni, Giambattista and Lacoste outfits.

The thing is, Nina Garcia was at the same Marni show Keith copied the sketches from so how could she not have noticed this?
    CONSPIRACY?
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-17-2006 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked pictures

+ Reply to Thread