+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    http://www.katherinegerdes.com/

Katherines web site.

Tune in next week to see what happens when former Project Runway contestant Katherine Gerdes takes matters into her own hands. Ever wonder what those auf’d designers would have done if they hadn’t gotten the boot?

Now you’ll know!

It sure seems that she blew the whistle on the offender and comes back
    To me that just sounds like she decides to do the rest of the challenges on her own and show her results on her webpage. And she said she decided she didn't want the hoodie - not that she couldn't sew it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    Closetfan, I've enjoyed reading your analysis. There's one little bit where I disagree with your break out.

We see Tim talking about the issue that leads to a boot twice - once that is very definitely at Parson's with the group, and once in an apartment, as you've detailed. The previews lead us to believe that the announcement at Parson's happens first. If that is true, then it doesn't appear that the booting happens immediately after the offense. I would guess that if that is the case, the producers know something happened, but don't know who did it, so Tim makes the announcement. They look into it while the group is working on a task, and at the end of the day when they've made a decision, Tim is sent in to the offenders apartment to send them home. I'm guessing that is what happens.

That said, it's also entirely possible that the Parson's annoucement happens second -- that as you've speculated, something happens and someone is booted that night. Then, Tim's annoucement in the work room would be to explain to everyone else why the bootee is gone. If that is the case - then someone should be able to freeze the reaction shot to figure out who is missing.
    The announcement at Parson's couldn't have happened second. In the preview, they show a quick clip of the designers gathered around while Tim is talking and they are all there, including Keith and Vincent.

Unless there is editing, voice-over trickery afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    The announcement at Parson's couldn't have happened second. In the preview, they show a quick clip of the designers gathered around while Tim is talking and they are all there, including Keith and Vincent.

Unless there is editing, voice-over trickery afoot.
    There's creative editting of that teaser. At the beginning of the teaser, they show Tim announcing the new challenge to the designers. Cut to first reaction shot, slight bit of brown jacket to the front left, then Laura in black, Michael in black behind her, Robert to Laura's right, Angela behind him WEARING GLASSES. Second reaction shot, Alison in orange, then Bonnie to her right in black, Bradley behind Bonnie in blue and green, Uli to Bonnie's right in white, then the other side of the brown jacket at the right edge of the screen. Cut to Tim, then cut back to Angela wearing brown or khaki AND GLASSES reacting to Tim's statement about "real world experience". In this second shot, Robert is right in front of Angela right where he was in the first shot, and he's wearing the same sunglasses. She's still got glasses on.

A few seconds later in the promo when they supposedly show the designers reacting to Tim's announcement, they do a wide shot, showing, from left to right, Keith, Jeffrey, then the same designers from the second reaction shot, in the exact same configuration and wearing the exact same clothes they were before, we find out Vincent was the one cut out of the first two reaction shots (he's wearing brown), then the same designers from the first reaction shot, in the same configuration, wearing the same clothes, and then Kayne on the far right. In the wide shot, Angela is clearly wearing a taupe, khaki sort of neutral color.

Cut back to Tim making the "serious announcement". I could be wrong about this, but whereas in the previous shots he seemed to be wearing a bright white shirt, it now looks like he's wearing a very toned blue or a light grey shirt. Cut back to Angela reacting to the serious announcement. She is NOT wearing glasses, she's now wearing a completely different top, looks green, with some kind of embellishment on the left shoulder.

So basically, unless during the announcement about who got ejected, Angela removed her glasses, rearranged her hair slightly behind her ear and changed her clothing, they've been trying to snooker us.

Who's cut

I'm inclined to think it's Keith, for the following reasons.

1) Although Keith has explained the sketches which were copies of other designers, Bravo hasn't made any official statements about it... not that that's the reason he gets cut.

2) He and Vincent are really the only men getting "villain" edits - much more Keith. And Tim seems the most against him in his blog. Plus there was that whole mess with the Macy's bracelet as the dog collar on the last episode - looks like foreshadowing. (If we see a recap of this in the beginning of the show, I would be willing to bet it's Keith that goes.)

3) Keith's designs (except the gown, which was a team venture) are perfectly executed, professional work! I really want to believe he is just that talented, but given that he designs menswear and didn't bring any original work to his audition, it's just too fishy.

4) In the previews it seems like they're making it look like it's Robert or Kayne, which is very unlikely - like Bravo wants to make it look like it's someone else. Keith is not featured in the preview except in group shots.

I have to admit I really hope it's not Keith, but I think it is. I know he is arrogant and stubborn, but I have LOVED what he has designed so far. Plus I thought it was sweet when he was trying to encourage Bradley on the last episode.

FORT Newbie
    Keith is sent home for submitting sketches to Project Runway which looked almost identical to dresses by top designers like Giambattista Valli. He faces plagiarism charges

Welcome Insider, to FORT. I think if you read previous posts about Keith's drawings, he was reporting on trends for a client. He didn't represent these as his own designs.

As long as the ousted person isn't Michael, I'll be okay. lol

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by INSIDERhereONcE View Post
    Keith is sent home for submitting sketches to Project Runway which looked almost identical to dresses by top designers like Giambattista Valli. He faces plagiarism charges
    Smart money seems to be on that scenario. I would be surprised if it took them 4 weeks to figure it out though --and WHO figured it out? Why would they have his "trends" portfolio around that long? And why was anybody looking at it after the second round of eliminations?

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

{edit}

I am very curious as to whether Keith's garments are supposedly more professionally finished looking than anyone else's because he's just that much better of a seamstress than a lot of the designers, whether its because he's sabotaging other people's machines and thereby gaining an unfair advantage, or because he's getting help from the outside.

At first, I surmised that the only outside help he could get, if indeed he were cheating and his sneaking out was not to go to bars late at night, but was to meet with an accomplice, was help with designing the dresses, pattern pieces, etc. But I've rethought that. If he had an accomplice who knew which fabric/fabrics he used, and went to Mood and purchased more of the same, he might be able to communicate with that person through a smuggled blackberry or cell phone, then sneak out at night to meet them to get some pieces of the garment which the accomplice had sewn, given that they would have unlimited access to supplies, no time restrictions like the designers, etc. He could then go to the sewing room, take out the pre-sewn items, and pass them off as his own work. He might be able to get away with that, but I suspect the show's producers had a hidden camera installed in the sewing room to find out who was sabotaging the machines, and that's how he may have gotten caught. I'm not saying its the most likely scenario, or even the most plausible, but it is *POSSIBLE*.

I think I've found something else that points to Keith as the booted designer. I went back to watch the promo commercial (not the bit at the end of the show, but the actual commercial) to see if they had shots of all the designers when they said "who will be the first designer kicked off the show..." I figured if he was the ejectee, he probably wouldn't be cooperating with the producers in filming the commercial footage, whenever that was done. All but one of the designers is shot against the white Project Runway background used for the opening credits, except one. There's head shots of Katherine, Angela, Kayne, Bradley, Allison, Uli, Michael, Laura, all looking like extremely brief video cuts...then a picture of Keith.

Unlike the other pictures, Keith had a red and white background, but his picture looks flat, like it was a photograph, not video of a person. Whereas on pause on the Tivo all the other designer's pictures looked three dimensional, his has a different background, and it looks completely flat, completely two dimensional, like a staged photo, not like a video clip. Then back to Bonnie, Michael, Jeffrey, and Vincent, and surprise, the background is back to pure white, and all of them look three dimensional again.

Some one else with a Tivo or digital recorder check this out, see if I just have an incredibly overactive imagination, or it looks like I'm right.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 07-29-2006 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Remove reference to moved posts

I wonder if Keith (or whomever, but please God, if it could be him I would go back to eating fish on Fridays) gets kicked out for doing something to Malan's dress. I was listening to Tim's take (I hate that now you have to subscribe to ipod to get them on time), and the shortness of the dress wasn't a matter of running out of material. It just seems odd that they would make such an elementary mistake. Oh well, we will soon (but not soon enough) find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    Unlike the other pictures, Keith had a red and white background, but his picture looks flat, like it was a photograph, not video of a person. Whereas on pause on the Tivo all the other designer's pictures looked three dimensional, his has a different background, and it looks completely flat, completely two dimensional, like a staged photo, not like a video clip.
    I was intrigued enough to go check it out, and I do believe you're correct, Closet Fan! Good eye!

+ Reply to Thread