+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

Moi
    Whooooaaaa, Closet Fan, I am totally in awe of your analysis!! I bow down to you. My only ...disappointment?...in your analysis would be that if Keith snuck out for a couple of hours or so, that doesn't really qualify for the buildup they have given it as a major thing on PR. That just seems like, so what, everybody would do that if they could......wouldn't you? I certainly would. And even if he "outed" himself to somebody at a bar, how did that person know who to contact about it? And why would they? I wouldn't if it were me. I guess I am just hoping for something really major here, like plagarized designs or sabotage on somebody else's designs. I am gong to be so very disappointed if you are right and they auf Keith for that but let Vincent lie himself senseless on the runway and don't penalize him at all.

*great big sigh*
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Whooooaaaa, Closet Fan, I am totally in awe of your analysis!! I bow down to you. My only ...disappointment?...in your analysis would be that if Keith snuck out for a couple of hours or so, that doesn't really qualify for the buildup they have given it as a major thing on PR. That just seems like, so what, everybody would do that if they could......wouldn't you? I certainly would. And even if he "outed" himself to somebody at a bar, how did that person know who to contact about it? And why would they? I wouldn't if it were me. I guess I am just hoping for something really major here, like plagarized designs or sabotage on somebody else's designs. I am gong to be so very disappointed if you are right and they auf Keith for that but let Vincent lie himself senseless on the runway and don't penalize him at all.

*great big sigh*
    Well, I have to say, aside from the fact that I'm not the type to do such a thing in the first place, I know enough about the possible ramifications of breach of contract, which is what violating the confidentiality agreement would constitute, to know you can get sued for such a thing, aside from being thrown off the show. And I'm sure there was a provision in the contract, you violate any of these provisions, you're a gonner, aside from a possible lawsuit seeking potentially millions of dollars in damages. He purportedly didn't just sneak out, he went to a public bar and purportedly talked about being on PR in some fashion.

But that is exactly the type of violation to absolutely infuriate the producers the most, who have done a much better job of putting a lid on leaks than the producers of ANTM, for example. And exactly the sort of violation that would automatically induce them to take immediate and harsh action against the offender, not only to limit his potential damage, but to set an example for both his contemporaries and designers for all future seasons. Marla outright copied directly during the show on the Nikki Hilton challenge, to the point of taking the picture book with her to Mood even after Tim told her not to (and incidentally, she was told not to do so because they didn't want to risk a designer accidentally leaving the challenge book at Mood and one of the challenges being prematurely divulged to the public, not because they thought she would directly steal Chloe's dress design). She wasn't booted as an example to others, even though I felt she should have been, there wasn't the furore about her ethical violations, I think in part because she was just so...well, pathetic and sad, and it was clear she would be going sooner rather than later anyway. But she didn't violate the sanctity, the secrecy of the show, either, which I think would be regarded as a far more serious offence, that's threatening ratings, advertising dollars, the bread and butter, the bottom line for the show.

But I don't think whomever he spoke to in the bar ratted him out. If this person (or anyone who overheard the conversation) knew anything about the show, they could look up Parsons in the phone book in two minutes flat, and reach someone who could pass the message on. But that call would take place most likely during the day, while they were at Parsons, and most likely the axing would have been done at Parsons, not at the room. They wouldn't have waited one minute, one nanosecond more than they had to before hustling him out of there. But if they were a fan, or wanted dirt, would you turn him in? No, you'd keep your mouth shut, hoping he'd come back and spill more info, and if you did rat him out, they could have intercepted him outside Atlas, before he even got back to the apartment.

The camera crew, the roommates, that's a different story. Clearly if a camera crew became aware of a violation, i.e. when one of the ANTM contestants apparently said too much to her mother I think, and promptly got pulled off the phone and all the girls were given a lecture about what they could and could not talk about. If they followed him to the bar, that might be how they knew he talked too much.

But my guess is, the roommates found out, and turned him in. Kayne seemed to be confused by what had happened, but was aware something had been going on, possibly for more than one evening (this was not a one-off violation, perhaps, but a pattern, which would have made the producers even more furious). Robert seemed very clear that the rules had been violated, so clearly he became aware of exactly what Keith had done, whether beforehand, or if Keith had been loose lipped after the fact, possibly bragging about breaking the rules, which would have been in character, he seems to enjoy flouting rules and disrespecting authority figures. Vincent was in a position to know first hand, and more intimately than anyone else, when Keith was present and when he wasn't, and what time he was sneaking back in. I could totally see him turning Keith in not only because it eliminated one competitor, but just because all these nocturnal sneakings around may have disturbed his sleep and it was irritating him. He'd get rid of a serious competitor, and get the room all to himself, all in one fairly easy swoop.

It'll be interesting if they show us just HOW they found out.

Brava ClosetFan! Great detective work. You definitely have a lot of time on your hands (as do I) LMAO

I can't wait to see if you're correct. You must be a private eye in real life. You noticed things I didn't even see! Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Brava ClosetFan! Great detective work. You definitely have a lot of time on your hands (as do I) LMAO

I can't wait to see if you're correct. You must be a private eye in real life. You noticed things I didn't even see! Woo hoo!
    Actually, I must confess, I was working very late hours at work the last couple of evenings, and was listening to Tim's podcasts for the first time because I was doing incredibly tedious and boring work, and needed some entertainment to keep me from falling asleep. I'm up tonight doing this posting because my sleeping patterns have been screwed up by all the overtime, and because I'm suffering through the California heat wave with no air conditioning, and its miserably hot. It was actually pretty quick zipping around through the four shows with the Tivo, so its not like I dedicated massive hours into researching it. Its easy enough to piece together when its fresh in your mind, and you've got a Tivo to zip through the shows at lightning speed, and with crystal clear frame by frame viewing ability, recorded from a satellite feed.

Our heatwave in Nor Calif is finally over, whew! I can't afford Tivo, so I'm grateful to get updates and analysis from my fellow posters here.

Here's a link for the EWeekly article:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1219990_3_0_,00.html

FORT Newbie
    Closetfan, I too think you're brilliant but have a slight alteration to your theory. Has anyone else noticed that Keith's garments look very finished even when there is tricky seaming or lots of work. I have no trouble believing that he was sneaking out but what if it was back to the studio to get a couple of hours extra work in. I just think it is very strange that this guy that has no background in women's wear is turning out these impecable dresses in these compressed timeframes. If he was that good why didn't he whip something up for the judges to see at his interview. Is it possible that the clue to why he was booted, if he was, is in the line at the end of the last show where he says something about mine was the only one that was finished.

FORT Fogey
    Closetfan, I've enjoyed reading your analysis. There's one little bit where I disagree with your break out.

We see Tim talking about the issue that leads to a boot twice - once that is very definitely at Parson's with the group, and once in an apartment, as you've detailed. The previews lead us to believe that the announcement at Parson's happens first. If that is true, then it doesn't appear that the booting happens immediately after the offense. I would guess that if that is the case, the producers know something happened, but don't know who did it, so Tim makes the announcement. They look into it while the group is working on a task, and at the end of the day when they've made a decision, Tim is sent in to the offenders apartment to send them home. I'm guessing that is what happens.

That said, it's also entirely possible that the Parson's annoucement happens second -- that as you've speculated, something happens and someone is booted that night. Then, Tim's annoucement in the work room would be to explain to everyone else why the bootee is gone. If that is the case - then someone should be able to freeze the reaction shot to figure out who is missing.

FORT Fogey
    Love your theory Closetfan.

Can anyone tell me the origin of the offender sneaking out possibility? Speculation has a way of becoming rumor very quickly.

The way Tim articulated breaking the rules has a flavor of something that may not be as grand. His demeanor while saying "we have to ask you to leave" implies he is a bit sorry rather than irritation at such a blatant breech of contract as to having left the premisis. It seems like that infraction would have had Tim saying, "we absolutley have to ask you to leave".

Conversely Heidi used the word "naughty" in conjunction with "very, very bad". It is naughty to sneak out and bad at the same time. Having someone else do your work, faking a portfolio (not it), sabotage or doing something to sway the results of judging would not conjure the word naughty, EVER.

Vincent is so odd that I can see him breaking a rule unintentionally. He seems oblivious to most everything around him. If someone did leave the premisis, I can believe he did it without thinking. I am not ruling Vincent out. Jeff heads my list, not Keith.

Swagger None of the suspects are in the promo. Veruka.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-28-2006 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerDesign View Post
    Closetfan, I too think you're brilliant but have a slight alteration to your theory. Has anyone else noticed that Keith's garments look very finished even when there is tricky seaming or lots of work. I have no trouble believing that he was sneaking out but what if it was back to the studio to get a couple of hours extra work in. I just think it is very strange that this guy that has no background in women's wear is turning out these impecable dresses in these compressed timeframes. If he was that good why didn't he whip something up for the judges to see at his interview. Is it possible that the clue to why he was booted, if he was, is in the line at the end of the last show where he says something about mine was the only one that was finished.
    Might be true, but from experience, anyone who can do a man's jacket and have it lay flat across the shoulders can sew ANYTHING! The construction on suits is crazy complicated.

FORT Fogey
    Oh I agree! I sew and do it well but mens tailoring is an different ball game. It takes a lot of skill, much more than sewing a skirt, no matter how complicated. Sewing lighter weight fabrics could prove tricky for him but as far as tailoring goes, he has a leg up.

There is no way any of them could get into Parsons School of Design to use the work room. Forget that theory.

+ Reply to Thread