+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 3 **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Bouncing On The Third Rock

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Vincent reminds me of a young boy sometimes. I can see how he might do something to sabotage someone's garment or bend the rules to ensure his survival by getting outside help or something. He seems to lack common sense and his over the top antics make me lean toward him being the one to do something without even thinking about it. I don't know that it would be vicious per say but just not thought out.
    Vincent is certainly bouncey-brained enough to do some odd, perfectly logical (on his home planet) thing to insure his survival and then argue for its legitimate validity. I don't necessarily see that as fitting the "naughty, villianous, but not illegal" description Heidi gave it.

I think the "incident" causing the dismissal of (guessing) Keith, Jeffrey, or Angela happened during the taping of next week's "real world" challenge. I think it may have something to do with leaving the area without permssion/cameras, or sneaky contact with someone outside the show, or in keeping with "villianous" scenario, full out mess-you-up-bad sabotage. All of which I believe would be big fat :nono

There's only one thing I've gotten right so far (I keep predicting Wend..er..Angela gets auf'd every week...you'd think I'd know better by now). I "gut" predicted by ep. 1 that the disqualification happens in ep. 4. I was right, but I'd rather be wrong if I could trade it (in a ) for the mass destruction of all bubble skirts on planet earth!

* watching the doggy ep. reminded me I hadn't exercised those squirrely lil' grinning dust mites for a while. I'm done weirding myself out now...
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 07-27-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    firechica, all putting something in a spoiler tag does is to make the text inside it invisible if you just look at it on the screen. I'm not sure how it would work on a MAC, but if you have a PC, just highlight the text between the blocks and you will be able to see it.

Just on the off-chance there are some internet newbies out there who don't know how to highlight, hold your left mouse button down and run the mouse over the text you want to highlight.

AKat
    oooooooo wow! I ddin't know that...lol.

So i can do that when I post by using spoiler in code.

Kewl.

This may be a false herring slapped into the preview for next week, but if the rule breaking happens as a part of the "real world" challenge there is this exchange to consider:

Laura to Michael: "...can't stop her from hanging herself."

A tantalizing tidbit that the outee may be a she and not a he.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This may be a false herring slapped into the preview for next week, but if the rule breaking happens as a part of the "real world" challenge there is this exchange to consider:

Of course, they could just be talking about Angela hanging herself with her stupid designs as she almost did this week.....

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

^ That's exactly how I took it...

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

There is a preview video up at BravoTV.com already. About two minutes. It is under VIDEO. The video explains what Laura meant and I don't think it has to do with what is being implied by teh TV previews.

Spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:

I watched it twice and here is what I gleened.

1) They are working in teams. It looks like they are designing for someone named Laura (BUSH?) Who knows. Robert simply says about his design that 'laura liked it'.

2) Teams are of three. Teams are: Robert, Kayne, and Vincent,; Angela, Laura and Michael; Uli, Bradley and Bonnie; Keith, Jeffrey and Alison. (the last three are not shown in the preview so I can only assume.)

3) Vincent is getting on Robert's nerves; Angela is getting on Laura and Michael's nerves, where Laura says to Michael in the sewing room "...can't stop her from hanging herself" because Angela wants to put some of her in the design. What she does is make some cut out flower type things for the blazer (They look nice, too.).

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    wow Akat, I didnt know that either. I learn something knew every day on Fort.

Angela needs to get rid of the bubble skirt and boots. At least switch it up.

I don't think it's Vincent who gets booted; he doesn't seem to have real rule-breaking persona in him
    I don't think it's Angela; she's in danger of leaving and wants to create a design to redeem herself to NOT get thrown off

I do think it is Keith. Maybe wishful thinking ('cause I can't stand the smug bastard) but if his portfolio that he presented are not his own designs then that's enough to get him out (from what I've been gathering on this forum).
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed View Post
    wow Akat, I didnt know that either. I learn something knew every day on Fort.

Angela needs to get rid of the bubble skirt and boots. At least switch it up.
    I probably should have posted something explicit about the spoiler links, but I had seen that enough on other forums, I just kind of assumed that everybody knew how that worked. *whacks herself on her paws* I'm sorry.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Okay, I'm going to weigh in with my speculation here. Clearly, from the previews, the booting offence is something against the rules, presumably, something included in their confidentiality contract. Admittedly, it could be a violation of their initial application, sort of like violating an employment contract by lying, but I'm guessing that its the confidentiality contract instead. Now I just saw them showing those photoshopped "drawings" shown as examples of Keith's work during the intro, so I'm thinking someone must have thought they were his original designs, and that's an additional twist, but I'm sticking with my original premise, that its a contractual violation.

At that point, they would already have seen all the portfolios from all the designers, and so the contract wouldn't include a prohibition against lying about the alleged work they had also presented. Heck, if you go back and listen to Tim's podcast about the Nikki Hilton challenge, where it was even more clear and obvious than it was on the show that Marla had deliberately copied the Chloe dress, and she didn't get kicked off on the spot, even though she did it right on the show. And although there had been some mischief with missing bobbin cases in previous seasons, I can't see them including a prohibition against that in the contract, because they wouldn't necessarily expect sabotage on such a scale. What I can absolutely see being a crucial part of the rules, especially given that Tim talked about them sequestering the designers and how the van ferrying them for one of the challenges had to pull into a prison parking lot because they needed to keep them out of sight for a few minutes, minimize exposure, is the designers aren't allowed to sneak off, aren't allowed to tell anyone anything. That would be the BIGGEST offence, I think, crossing the PR producers, spilling beans.

Now when they showed Tim walking down the hall and then knocking on a door, the question is, is that shot a red herring, designed to fool us into thinking the wrong apartment, or fool us into thinking that the ejection happened at the apartments rather than at Parsons, but I'm guessing not. I went back and looked at the designers arriving at the apartments, and while I could eliminate one of the women's apartments because of the hall configuration, and couldn't tell about the rest, it matched the hall configuration for the apartment which Vincent and Keith shared with two others, I think Michael and Kayne, who were the ones talking about it in the previews.

So assuming the apartment shot is not a ploy to fool us, no help narrowing down between the two main suspects, Keith and Vincent. But think about the logic about why and where each of the potential offences would be dealt with. If Nina had suddenly remembered seeing those outfits at Fashion Week and realized the plagiarism, she probably would have done so right off the bat, not after a week, ten days had passed. Even if she did, that would be the sort of thing most likely dealt with on the spot, during the day, at the design school, not at the apartment. Just like an episode of that BBC show Spy, where one of the spy trainees got drunk at a party and started talking about spy school training, she was whisked off IMMEDIATELY. If someone got caught sabotaging in the sewing room, they would have likewise been removed immediately, lest they really wreak havoc, and that would have happened at Parsons most likely.

The closeup of Tim saying "rules are rules. you'll leave tonight", I Tivod the second episode, that was Keith and Jeffrey's bedroom, with the blue walls and the black headboards on the bed, he was clearly sitting on Jeffrey's bed since you could see the door molding just on the right of the screen, talking to someone to the left, i.e. in the direction of Keith's area of the room. No other bedroom had blue walls, that was definitely THEIR room. The most logical of the offences to be dealt with at the apartments, and "tonight" would be sneaking out, going to a bar, and talking too freely, and getting the boot when you returned to the apartment. Also, if the ejection had happened at Parsons, the designers would have heard something about it, perhaps heard the confrontation, and Tim wouldn't have had to gather them around, break the news about what happened "last night" and give a big speech about it being a no no. They certainly wouldn't have needed a reminder lecture if it had been falsifying their portfolio, and I doubt they thought multiple people were committing sabotage.

I'm convinced that's the offence, the broken rule, was sneaking out and shooting off one's mouth about things that should have been covered under the confidentiality agreement. Who of these two would be most likely to commit any of these three offences? The kindest words I can use to describe Vincent would be odd, somewhat unbalanced, possibly neurotic, and with an apparent hat fetish. But beyond anything else, he's delusional, Tim said it himself, when he was on the runway for the "wall to wall" challenge, he thought he was one of the best, not one of the worst. He's absolutely off his rocker delusional, and thinks he's so clever and talented and the faint praise of his Miss USA dress probably accentuated his delusional tendencies. He's too delusional about himself versus the other designers to even contemplate sabotage, and I really can't see him sneaking off to a bar. Aside from that, he's too scattered, he's too ditzy, he's too unfocused to be a successful saboteur.

Now Keith, I could see him pulling any of the three stunts, almost. I could see him being malicious enough to do the sabotage just to mess with people's minds, or because he got a kick out of outsmarting them, but not because he felt threatened. He's too cocky about his own abilities, and too dismissive of theirs for one thing, but then there's the disconnect of him actually helping Bradley, trying to get him to send anything, anything down the runway, because it'd be better than Angela's. He was absolutely right, and if he was into sabotaging people, particularly when he'd already been told by Tim he was vulnerable because of not having anything for the dog, why would he try to help him, when it was clearly in his own best interest for Bradley to forfeit? Admittedly, he thought he was going to win regardless, so he has some delusional tendencies of his own, but that doesn't fit so well with a pattern of messing with people's prospects.

What have we learned about Keith so far? There's a great quote that's really true, "people will tell you who they are, if you just stop and listen". Well, for one thing, he's arrogant and likes to talk up, at a minimum to the cameras, how wonderful he is. I'm sure he does the same thing with people -- he needs an audience to brag to. Two, he isn't really getting along with a number of the other designers, including Laura, and at that point was probably feeling a little isolated as a result, probably wasn't socializing with his colleagues as much because he was alienating them with his cockiness and attitude. Three, he may have lied about his portfolio, and he certainly lied about creating outfits for the dog.

Four, and I think this is the most important, he doesn't respect authority figures on the show, and he will only go as far as he wants to go in following the rules of the challenges. He said in one interview he didn't respect some of the judges' styles, and he might dismiss their criticisms. In the wall to wall challenge, Tim Gunn tells him he may be in danger because of his conventional choice of sheeting materials, and he refused to use anything more innovative. He fights with Laura, refers to her derogatorily as "bad momma", another reference to an authority figure. On the last runway Q&A, he was disrespectful towards Nina, he insulted the intelligence of all the judges, and he outright lied about the dog outfits. He didn't create a dog outfit, even though it was an intrinsic part of the challenge, because he didn't want to, and he thought it was "stupid" and "lame". He only obeys the rules he wants to, and ignores the ones he doesn't, and thinks he can get away with it because he is so fabulous and wonderful. I can totally see him ignoring the prohibition on sneaking off and yapping, and thinking its no big deal, they're being ridiculous.

I'm convinced it was Keith, and he snuck out without permission, and talked too loosely. The only question in my mind is, how did the producers find out, was a camera man in the apartment over night, or did one of the roommates rat him out. I could TOTALLY TOTALLY see Vincent ratting him out, and he would have been in the best position to know Keith wasn't where he should have been. The discussion between Kayne and Robert may have been them trying to decide whether to say something about his violation, not an after the ousting discussion, so they may have told, or participated in the telling, along with Vincent. To me, that may well be the only remaining mystery...

ETA: In the last episode, they showed a morning shot of Keith, unshaven, dishsheveled, and seeming more and exhausted and disoriented than the other designers, trying to remember what the challenge was. Why was he seemingly more confused and disoriented than the other designers? Well, he's older than some, age doesn't help with recovering from lack of sleep, maybe he's not a morning person, but to me, maybe he's been engaging in nocturnal extracurricular activities on more than one occassion.
    Last edited by Closet Fan; 07-28-2006 at 02:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread