+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

Birthday: 1970-05-30
    Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
    Education: Self-taught

“Music is in my blood, as well as art and fashion,” says Jeffrey Sebelia, 36, the founder and designer behind clothing label Cosa Nostra. At age 16, Jeff left home to live in a garage with his punk band where he fell into a life of music, art and fast times &emdash; all supported by a mild criminal habit. It was, according to Jeff, “A lifestyle of freedom, rebellion and self-expression. Working for little money and ‘trade.’”

Jeff supported himself by adorning leather and denim jackets with patches for his father’s San Bernardino County chapter of the Hell’s Angels. During this time, he lived primarily on the streets where he obtained garments from churches and the local Salvation Army. Jeff transformed ill-shaped military jackets, wool and leather blazers into celebrated masterpieces, reconstructing them to fit perfectly and covering them in patches, his design signature.

Jeffrey finally began to focus, market, and legitimize his love for art and fashion when Interscope records discovered his band, LIFTER, and signed them for six years beginning in the early nineties. Ultimately, Cosa Nostra was born. The label has a long line of celebrity clientele, including Gwen Stefani, Billy Bob Thornton, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and more. Cosa Nostra is sold exclusively at limited high-end designer stores such as Maxfield in Los Angeles, BNY in Santa Monica, Patch in St. Tropez and Harvey Nichols in London and Hong Kong.

“I’ve grown to love fashion, namely John Galliano, Comme Des Garcons, Vivienne Westwood, Ann Demeulemeester, Junya Watanabe, Rick Owens, and Yohji Yamamoto,” says Jeffrey. But it was watching his friend Santino that inspired him to try out for season three. He says, “It seemed fun and challenging.” Jeffrey currently resides in Los Angeles, California.

Friends with Santino huh? Wonder if that means we'll be in store for a similar type "character" or if they'll end up being polar opposites.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well crap. I was going to choose him as my favorite to win, until I read who his leeetle friend is.
    Now, I have to see him in action before deciding.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    &emdash again. I googled and found a definition for emdash but nothing with the ampersand in front. I am probably hopelessly out of it. Now two designers using this term.

He sounds pretentions. I liked Santino so no problem there but he does not strike me as someone I will favor.

He looks like an out-of-the-closet Kevin Spacey.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    He does corprip!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    &emdash is a computer code of somekind, I think it is a typo/mistake in the three bio's where it appears. ???

Kevin Spacey is so much more attractive. I kind of see the similar chin.

Dogbat, I think &emdash is a typo (I wrote this in one of the other bio threads, too). Someone was trying to insert an em dash into the sentence and messed up the code. At least that's my guess!

Not sure I'll like this guy. Santino reference aside, there's something that makes me wary.
    Last edited by alphacat; 07-01-2006 at 09:30 AM.

--
    Wow, he's definitely my choice to win. It helps that he's friends with Santino, too.
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

Oh, dear. If Daniel Vosovic and Stephen Aspirino had a lovechild...!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast