+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32 View Post
    She didn't go and complain to Tim. Tim came over and asked her, and she said she didn't like the blue he had picked for her (she had never worn the color). And he just went off on her. There was absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. Just like people seem to translate their dislike of Angela to her mom, I am pretty certain Jeffrey was doing the same.

Okay, I never said she went and complained to Tim. I'm perfectly aware Tim walked over and asked her what she thought. She's entitled to give her honest opinion, but here too, there's a way to express it. To my eyes, she really put his work down, in a very whiney way - as though choosing periwinkle was the most horrible, horrible thing he could have done. And he had only started working on the piece. Everyone of those designers would have been offended if someone spoke about their work like that, especially at that stage. Plus, that color was only for accents. Dod she bother to ask what he was going to do with it? Again - some serious communication problems.

As far as there never being any excuse for that kind of behavior, you or I have not seen the entire picture. We have only seen an edited version, and in the edited version it's all mean ole Jeffrey's fault. But there are things that just don't fit, so I'm unwilling to jump on the bandwagon and curse Jeffrey. Also, we don't know what Angela said to her Mom about Jeffrey that could have affected her view of him.

For the record, until I saw this epidsode, I didn't understand all the Angela hate. So that had absolutely no effect of my opinion of her mother.

Lex
    I don't know if it was the editing, but Jeffrey came off as a horrible human being. If that was my mom he made cry, I would've punched him in the face (and not cared about going to jail for assault).

I mean, geez, it seemed like he showed no interest in her opinion from the very beginning. How the heck does he expect to be a fashion designer if he has no patience for clients?
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Hmmm...Jeffery's major problem is he wears his emotions on his sleeve.
    And his neck.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I don't buy the editing excuse for Jeffrey anymore. Week after week he just tries to hog the spotlight by being as caustic and nasty as possible.

At least Santino won a couple of challenges by designing a few babydolls between designing the world's least sexy lingerie and skater-as-chicken costumes and jumpsuits that fell apart before your eyes on the runway.

Funny how Jeffrey whined about Laura's high-waisted dresses when his buddy Santino designed a ton of them...

Jeffrey just defines crassness to me. He needs to focus less energy on whining why he hasn't won and trashing everyone else and instead maybe make an outfit that isn't derivative (the "Madonna" outfit was practically a Thierry Mugler rip-off, just add motorcycle handlebars) or flat-out butt-ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    To my eyes, she really put his work down, in a very whiney way - as though choosing periwinkle was the most horrible, horrible thing he could have done. And he had only started working on the piece. Everyone of those designers would have been offended if someone spoke about their work like that, especially at that stage.
    Long time reader, first time poster. I am starting to not be a wall flower.

I hate to quiver, but didn't Laura's mom tell Tim that it was too much color before Angela had begun constructing the garmet? Angela actually handled that well and still treated the client/mother with the needed respect.

I really don't have a concrete opinion re: either Angela or Jeffrey, but personally would have loathed it if my mother was treated that way.

out of lurkdom, cc1055. Glad to see you posting and no longer a wallflower!

FORT Newbie
    fwiw, I had my mom watch the show tonight. She's no PR fan and did not previously hate Angela, but she thought her mother was HORRIBLE and actually thought Jeff's reaction was justified, a view that even I didn't take. We don't like weak people in our household! lol

I'm curious what exactly was so horrible. Was it the crying? Sure, some people might smell blood and their first instinct is to attack, but surely there's something more to it than some Nietzchian loathing of weak people. Isn't there?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Thanks for the welcome.

This is the way I look at it. If my mother was going to have to be a model on a show that is nationally publicized and wasn’t that attractive of a woman, I would probably be defensive and try to make sure my mother was as comfortable as possible. Angela’s comments (though I don’t fully endorse them) could have been playing on that emotion. I just know how painful it would have been for me to see my mother crying or being upset on camera. I liked how the other contestants were very polite when they spoke of their customer. I loved that they used great descriptive words like lovely.

Didn't want to be confrontational, just wanted to say what I would likely feel in the situation.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    I'm curious what exactly was so horrible. Was it the crying? Sure, some people might smell blood and their first instinct is to attack, but surely there's something more to it than some Nietzchian loathing of weak people. Isn't there?
    Yeah, definitely. It's that she was being passively evil. My mother thought Jeff's reaction was justified because instead of whining to Jeff, she whined to Tim. The correct response to Tim's inquiry would have been much more stoic and ambivalent. She seemed to be the kind of person who uses tears and whining to get through life (e.g., before the big incident, when she told Jeff that she felt like crying because she hadn't given him much to work with.) Tears can be really manipulative at times, and it seemed like she was trying to manipulate him instead of having a legitimate reason to be THAT upset.

This feeling can't even be explained by geography, lol. We're Southerners!

+ Reply to Thread