+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

I'm a suburban mom. And the only person in the finaly who I would wear is Jeffrey. You have to realise no one wears anything exactly as it is shown on the runway. Usually you would buy and wear a piece, maybe 2 of each ensemble. Almost everything he sent down the catwalk is completly wearable in a different context. Not only that, but you could mix it up and wear each of the pieces more than once!

Uli's clothes are beautiful.. But they are also regionally limited. And was I the only one who noticed? entirely see through? Which is just beause the fabrics are so thin, hense adding to the regional limitations.

Michael? well, Unless you were born with a runway body, and no sweat glands under your arms... No one should be wearing shiny technocolor.

Laura did make some beautiful and classy pieces... but none of them are something that can be re-worn. I mean, once you have gone out in a floor length black-fade-to-gunmetal gown ENCRUSTED with sparkles and offset by a giant lime green belt. How are you going to ever wear that dress a second time?

Now back to the being a suburban mom bit... I can't afford to pay top dollar for something that can only be worn once. If I'm gonna splurge on something designer, it's gotta be something casual and funky enough I can make it a signature piece by mixing up how and with what I wear it. So bring on Jeffrey any day.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Newbie
    I'm a suburban mom. And the only person in the finale who I would wear is Jeffrey.
    My thoughts exactly.

I was very pleased to see him win. (especially after all the drama of the past few weeks. ) I thought he made a wonderful, cohesive collection, and he deserved the win.

Is this a "love Jeffrey" thread?

Didn't anyone else think the leather pants were suspicious? He just happened to bring them along as "extra," and when accused of not making everything himself he only admitted to 3 pleated things, 1 of which did not have a receipt and had to be thrown out, but since he never said he sent the pants out to be constructed (although to do that with leather was in the rules), they were never in danger of being taken out of the show. So they could conveniently substitute for the thing that had to be removed. Bleh.

I have thought for a long time they were setting him up to win, and I still feel that way. I love Tim, and he can talk about the show's integrity all he wants, but it still seems like something was going on behind the scenes to help Jeffrey out of that jam.

Btw, I loved Uli's show, including her music. Anyone have a link to her music? I hated Jeffrey's music and also thought that opening the show with that moody stuff was a weird choice (plus the models seemed confused by it and didn't know how to walk to it). The opening number should have been high energy.

As for his basic look, it is very of-the-retro-moment and therefore trendy, but he didn't take any of his finale designs over the top exept for the zipper dress. I would have expected more after that plaid cotton gown he made in France. But I agree with those who said he should have been voted out long ago for all the hideous things he made and his hideous attitude week after week. Which was worse, the dress he made Angela's mom, or how he treated her? I think the dress looked like a beginning special needs class made it.

I'm not a bit surprised Jeffrey won, disappointed but not surprised....oh well

...on the upside I did really like the dress his regular model wore, that green and silver dress was beautiful and the only thing he made I liked.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie
    does anyone know the name of the song tht was playing during jeffrey's runway show in the finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2109403;
    Is this a "love Jeffrey" thread?
    It is no more a "Love Jeffrey" thread as it is a "Hate Jeffrey" thread. It is just a Jeffrey thread... and we are all allowed to have own opinions about him and his work.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by guttergal;2109172;
    Jeffery is a Gwen Stafani wantabe. .

hmmm, who WOULDN'T want to be Gwen Stafani? She's gorgeous.

There is so much negativity towards Jeffrey on ALL these boards. I don't get it. Year after year, show after show, the person I want to win doesn't, but I never go off on the winner. I never swear off a show just because of drama or controversy (wait, isn't that why we watch in the first place??) [FA edit]

Jeff won, I'm happy, sorry you're not. AND he won fair and square even if you want to make your own determination otherwise [mod edit] Done with these negative boards until next season. . .

Have a great Winter all!
    CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 4!!!!
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-20-2006 at 01:09 PM.

First of all Gwen is beautiful, her clothes not so much. I was not implying that Jeffery looked like Gwen, just designed clothes like her. The challenges that Jeffery won, he deserved. His treatment of Angela's mother, which Jeffery's mother should be absolutley embarrased about, was inexcusable, not Jeffery being Jeffery, as his mother eluded to. I have not sworn off this show because the designer that I wanted to lose, won. I am in awe of all the designers ability to hear there challenge, have 30 minutes to sketch their design and then make the garment in 1 to 2 days. This show rocks!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;2109614;
    I'm not a bit surprised Jeffrey won, disappointed but not surprised....oh well
    Once they let him slide and stay in the competition I also wasn't surprised to see the jerk win.

+ Reply to Thread