+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

Jeffrey has an abrasive personality, but he's obviously a talented designer.

But none of that has anything to do with whether or not it's appropriate for him to be investigated for a possible violation of the competition's rules. If there's an honest suspicion that he, or ANY contestant, cheated, then it should be investigated.

On a side note, remember that last night's episode was taped after this season's show had already started airing. Even Uli, when she saw Jeffrey, asked him if people were throwing eggs at him. Also, last night's episode was taped after the "scandal" had already broken, so I think some of the comments made by everyone on the show need to be viewed with that in mind.

The fact that New York Magazine quotes Tim Gunn as saying that Jeffrey's "collection was very ambitious, I wasn't born yesterday." indicates that Tim himself was suspicious of Jeffrey.

I'm not a big Jeffrey fan, but I really hope he didn't cheat. That would be beneath him, and would be a terrible example to be setting for his little boy.

On another note, I do agree that most of the "challenges" they had during the contest was very very time restricted....

compared to doing their own designs and being given 6 weeks to complete. I'm sure it makes a huge difference on quality of the garments.

I think Jeffrey has a chance to win, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just innovative enough to impress the judges. Personally I haven't really liked his stuff (or his personality for that matter)...it's just not my style.

Laura questioning his work is her right, its up to the producers to take it seriously or not. It may be bit*&* of her but Jeffrey's no stranger to that either. I just hope they get the truth and then let it go - Jeffrey will be fine either way.
    Last edited by MICHEY; 10-12-2006 at 04:11 PM.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie
    i think that Laura is jealous of Jeffrey even when Tim Gunn was complementing Jeffrey you could see that that made her mad.
    She even said that she would win just so that he didnt win.

I dont see why all these people dont like him i think he could be
    a great role model for addicts. Everyone gets an attitude sometimes
    they portray him to seem like he is a mean and angry person all
    the time, but when you see him with his child and fiance you can
    tell that he does have a loving side to him.

I dont believe that he cheated and I think the reason that he didnt
    react like Laura expected is because he was truely hurt that she
    would try to betray him like that not that they are friends though.

If Jeffrey is kicked off then I definatley hope that Uli wins because she
    is the second best in my book. I think Micheal was the most far off and
    Laura seemed to be trying too hard to not be "safe" .

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFishFace View Post
    It isn't like she's cutting the seams of his gowns apart. If Jeffrey didn't do anything wrong -- then he has nothing to worry about.
    But that's like saying Laura is only a little bit pregnant. Once Laura planted that seed half or more of the damage was done. Americans are notorious for dwelling on the lie not the truth.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 10-12-2006 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    She clearly went after Jeffrey before he even got there, saying, "I want to win - so Jeffrey can't."

What a pathetic display of insecurity on her part. What's wrong, Laura - finally come up against a situation that you can't "buy" with your husband's money?
    Well, my view of the comment she made about being excited to be back and wanting to win, if for no other reason than so Jeffrey didn't was that it was a nod on her part to the fact that they'd all been watching the show since leaving town, and how Jeffrey comes off as an entitled, enabled, Little Lord Fauntlera$$.

And, yeah, I find the comment about Laura needing to buy things with her husband's money sexist as well. Regardless of where she's working now, she's an architect. Got the degree, got the training, and is more than capable of supporting herself. And, since they are a couple, each of whom contributes to the family, it's not her husband's money. It's their money.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realfun View Post
    Well, my view of the comment she made about being excited to be back and wanting to win, if for no other reason than so Jeffrey didn't was that it was a nod on her part to the fact that they'd all been watching the show since leaving town, and how Jeffrey comes off as an entitled, enabled, Little Lord Fauntlera$$.

And, yeah, I find the comment about Laura needing to buy things with her husband's money sexist as well. Regardless of where she's working now, she's an architect. Got the degree, got the training, and is more than capable of supporting herself. And, since they are a couple, each of whom contributes to the family, it's not her husband's money. It's their money.
    She's the one who poor-mouths while carrying Louis Vuitton luggage. Give me a break. You can't afford an apartment like the one she has by working as a part-time architect. Of course she lives off her husband. What's sexist about saying that? The truth is the truth, no matter what label you want to slap on it later.

PR is the first thing hubby can't buy for her, obviously. So she stamps her feet and cries "Cheater" about the person who's going to outshine her on the runway? That's the action of a jealous child who can't buy what she wants.

By the way - Heidi said on Leno that Laura was simply jealous of Jeffrey. I think Heidi would know.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

what does Laura having money have to do with Jeffrey in anyway???

My thoughts:

1. during the season, I always was amazed that Jeffrey finished his stuff so quickly - I can remember once when Tim asked him how he was doing on time, he said something to the effect that he was fine! He was about done! Everyone else was scrambling. I distinctly remember mentioning to my husband that Jeffrey always was finishing before everyone else. I think that he is just a very focused individual when he has to be.

2. does anyone else remember during the INC challenge (groups of 3) when he was working with Allison & Keith. . .well, Keith got kicked off so it was just the two of them - Jeffrey did an amazing pair of pants, ALONE, within the the time constraints and got rave reviews for them. He had to be working very quickly.

3. Laura and Michael really went after Jeffrey on the 'cheating' thing. Does nobody else find it interesting that Laura and Michael were the ones that Tim was the hardest on? Neither of them got rave reviews from Tim on their collection. I think that got both of them a little worried. Laura did what I would expect the spoiled, self-righteous (sp?), b*** that she is to do and called him cheater. I can forgive Michael for jumping on the bandwagon because he is under stress, and I've liked him the whole season. But Laura. . .she can't win on talent, so she calls her main competition a cheater. For shame.

4. Did you see the crushed look on Jeffrey's face when Laura told him that she told Tim that she thought he was cheating? Completely crushed. He didn't get mad and jump at her, he was just in disbelief. His whole life he has been told directly, and indirectly, that he wasn't good enough, and now Laura took something that he loved and worked incredibly hard on and accused him of cheating.

Personally, I don't think he behaved as a liar would have. . .I think he was genuinely dumbfounded. I do not believe he cheated. However, this is just personal opinion and I have no proof. I've been wrong before. . .I really hope I'm not wrong this time.

As for Laura. I have not liked her from day one. I hate her whole air of entitlement. I've dealt with lots of people like her and she doesn't feel she has to earn this, she feels she is OWED this. As for her sense of style? Old and boring. My husband and I were watching old black-and-white movies on the classic movie channel the other night and I swear that awful gown she made in France (with the gigantic ruffle) was in it.

Love him or hate him, Jeffrey is amazingly talented. I have not always agreed with his behavior or his approach to other people, but I've always been captivated by his designs - I may not like everything that he has done, but I'm always looking forward to seeing what it might be.

Just my humble opinions. . .

She's the one who poor-mouths while carrying Louis Vuitton luggage. Give me a break. You can't afford an apartment like the one she has by working as a part-time architect. Of course she lives off her husband. What's sexist about saying that? The truth is the truth, no matter what label you want to slap on it later.
    No, Laura and her husband live off of their money. They both contribute to the economic success they've achieved, albeit in different ways. And that's the truth, no matter how you choose to label it.

By the way - Heidi said on Leno that Laura was simply jealous of Jeffrey. I think Heidi would know.
    This is a joke, right? The all-knowing Heidi Klum?

Good one, tumblin' dice!!!!

+ Reply to Thread