+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

FORT Fogey
    I guess it's too much to ask that he does get the boot because they suspect he hired a seamtress.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    I guess it's too much to ask that he does get the boot because they suspect he hired a seamtress.

Yes, it's too much to ask. :-) A suspicion does not evidence make. I think Laura's just a jealous cat who will do whatever she can to up her chances. I still say she should let her millionaire hubby foot the bill for her line of clothing, if she wants one so badly.

And we can't automatically assume, if he DID do this (and I don't think he did), that he hired a seamstress. It could have been a man.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Well, I don't know if Jeffrey hired someone to help him or not, but I doubt it. Of all the designers he has been the most ambitious in the competitions. If you remember the Jet setter challenge, he made a jacket, pants and a shirt in one day. Those are some pretty impressive sewing skills in my book. He also seems to recognize the great opportunity it is to show at Bryant Park, so I could see him working his tail off to put together a collection and not wait until the last minute to finish his pieces.

Now that I've seen all the designer's collections I agree with Keith and think Jeffrey should win, even though the others have some fantastic pieces! I can't say more about his collection since this isn't a spoiler thread. :nono

I knew people would accuse Laura of being jealous for making that accusation of Jeffrey cheating, but people should stop and think that maybe her suspicions are legitimate. She knows better than any of us what Jeffrey is capable of. His look is deconstructed (the pants and jacket notwithstanding, but he was designing for himself, something he has probably done for ever), and it looks like what he brought would take skills he might have, but if he is not using them, is not like he could develop them in the limited amount of time they have to create their lines. Laura, on the other hand, is the queen of the finished look. You might not like it, but her stuff is always well done. If she couldn't finish every detail in her line it is strange that Jeffrey would come without one single button to sew in. I am not saying she is right, but her suspicions are perfectly logical.

FORT Regular
    How do you know Laura couldn't finish every detail in her line? Maybe she chose not to thinking she had plenty of time during the taping.

The promos make it look like Laura sees Jeffrey's collection and out of the blue accuses him of cheating saying "you can't pull talent like that out of your ass".

Apparantly Laura can pull accusations of cheating out of her ass because based on what we've read in the gossip columns and seen in the preview that is exactly what Laura did.

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Look, Tim Gunn has been "worried" about plenty of designers when he went to visit them. He expressed serious concerns about Chloe when he visited her and she had next to nothing done. Should Santino have said, "You cheated because everything's finished!!"? Maybe we should assume that Chloe put her seven sisters to work in her sweatshop-garage in Mommy's house... is that rational?

I agree with you, Surly. Maybe Laura just knew she'd have time to work when she showed up, and Jeffrey didn't trust the process enough to come with things left to do.

"It's never a [FA edit] party..." :-)
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-12-2006 at 07:45 AM.
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I really want to see Jeff win!! He is by far the best. Good Luck

FORT Newbie
    Michael was man enough to agree with Laura. After all this work and so much at stake voicing her concerns was the right thing to do. We shouldn't call her a bitch just because she was a woman if Michael agreed. This is the big time game on. I think he could be guilty or he would have reacted stronger. We've seen his nasty temper before. I think if he were unjustly accused he would have cut her a new A...line. Anyway, we know they all showed, it was on E right after the show. Laura's dresses are beautiful and elegant which may be too much for the judges to handle.. Tim says they are too old, but old ladies have more money than young girls so I think she's going to fly as a desinger win or lose. Wish I could afford any of her dresses!

FORT Newbie
    Laura has 4 kids to take care of and Jeff had a lot of time to finish all the dresses in a month, what is her problem? even at the beginning of todays show she did not welcome jeffrey. i dont like laura at all. Laura mind your own business

FORT Newbie
    oh i want Uli to win

+ Reply to Thread