+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I do think the show should have given the cast appropriately sized dress forms - that might've helped. Then again there would've been less drama.
    Tim mentioned in his pod cast that Jeffery took the dress form he had and added all sorts of grotesque padding out of paper towels and stuff to make it more full. This wasn't shown on the show but it was in some of the extra video footage that Bravo has. Jeffery is down right sadistic and abusive.

FORT Fogey
    I watched quite a bit of the recent marathon. I want to know how it is that the designers had such an easy time with the dog challenge and not the every-day-woman challenge.

Jeffrey says something to the effect that designing for a dog is easy - you just have to measure properly. How come he couldn't do this with Angela's mom?

And, as Angela said (can't recall if it was on the show or on bonus footage), how come Keith could make a jacket for the jet-setter show and not for the every-day woman show when the time allotment was similar?

I'm glad Jeffrey got his life together. He is still angry and bitter about something, though, and needs to get it together. I find it really difficult to support him because of this.

Having said this, it is interesting that they have a designer like him come in and do gowns and semi-traditional day wear, but the show doesn't reverse it on the other players. I think Jeffrey has done an outstanding job (except in the everyday-woman challenge) designing in genres out of is world. I would love to see what Laura and Uli would come up with if asked to design a rock outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I watched quite a bit of the recent marathon. I want to know how it is that the designers had such an easy time with the dog challenge and not the every-day-woman challenge.
    I think the big problem with the every day woman challenge is that they're accustomed to designing for a certain size and that threw them out of the loop. Notice that Angela had difficulty designing for that one model? With the dog most of them just made some tiny thing to put on them while putting most of the focus on what they do best, making designs for models.

Take them out of their element and they struggle. Some atleast, Michael seemed to do fine when designing for the so called "plus sized" model.

I despise Jeffery, as my S.O. does, too. He doesn't make for good TV, he makes for the perpetuation of stereotypes: 1) Fashion designers are prissy and 2) Sizes over 4 are for FAT people and should be ignored. Watching him makes me so angry that I often mute the TV and read his responses via captioning.

He reminds me, a lot, of James Frey and his Holier Than Thou attitude because he "walked through fire" and came out with only a singed Prada bag. Boo Hoo that he "lived on the street and had a habit"; to me, it just shows that he was a self serving individual to begin with.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS View Post
    Notice that Angela had difficulty designing for that one model? With the dog most of them just made some tiny thing to put on them while putting most of the focus on what they do best, making designs for models.

Take them out of their element and they struggle. Some atleast, Michael seemed to do fine when designing for the so called "plus sized" model.
    I agree with your post - just had a couple questions.

Did you mean Allison had trouble designing for a certain model (Alexandra - the one Tim called "zaftig" i.e. Yiddish for "fat")? I don't remember Angela doing so.

Also, Michael didn't have a plus size model - she was thin. So he had a different 'challenge' than some of the others, like Robert, did. Robert had the largest-size model I think. I do wish the show had given the designers dress forms. You can't mold something to thin air.

Moi
    I think Jeffrey and the way they treating him (the fact that he is still here) has shown that they have jumped the shark. It's not about fashion and designers any more. It's about the nastier you are, the longer you stay on. I am sooooo not watching this show again after this season.

And I never ever thought I would ever say this to anybody in my life, but Jeffrey, please do the world a favor -- go back on the street, take up drugs again and overdose.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    I think Jeffrey and the way they treating him (the fact that he is still here) has shown that they have jumped the shark. It's not about fashion and designers any more. It's about the nastier you are, the longer you stay on. I am sooooo not watching this show again after this season.
    I am really starting to dislike this show because of Jeffery. ITA about "jumping the shark". I have watched PR from the beginning. At first I considered it a great "secret" find! Very much how I felt about "Trading Places" at first. PR is doing the exact same thing. Now that more and more people are "finding" it and it is becoming mainstream and popular it seems like they are trying too hard to be "entertaining" (or what they think "entertaining" is. Sure Wendy Pepper and Santino were villianous, however their rath was more against their fellow designers. Jeffery goes too far. In his attacks against Darlene, his attacks started to become more personal to me as a viewer. I am much more like Darlene than Laura's or Uli's mother.

I lost interest in Trading Places when the debate started to rage as to whether it was "entertainment", a "design" show or simply a "game" show. When Hildi and Doug started to disrespect,insult and make fun of the "everyday" home owner I was gone. Now Project Runway is doing a similar thing. The producers seem to be thriving on this "Jeffery" controversy. Well , I am an "everyday" woman. I find Jeffery disrespectful, insulting and not funny. In my book that does not equal "entertaining". Consider "the shark jumped".

Quote Originally Posted by SophieMae View Post
    I find Jeffery disrespectful, insulting and not funny. In my book that does not equal "entertaining". Consider "the shark jumped".
    I am a new viewer to PR and I wonder if I'll stick with it. The Jeffery "character" is just hateful. The way he treated Angela's mother was over-the-top ugly because he disagreed with her sense of fashion. I found that elitist and inappropriate. I also thought the judges made a big mistake -- he didn't complete the assignment -- he did design the outfit for his model, the everyday woman. He designed it for himself.
    Shaken, not stirred.

Gosh. Are people still mad about the Mom challenge?

Jeffrey definitely has an edge to him but he is also one of the more interesting designers. Most of the others have become a little predictable. With Jeffrey it's always a surprise, even if it doesn't always work out.

I hope he makes it to the final 3 along with Kayne and Michael.

Did you mean Allison had trouble designing for a certain model (Alexandra - the one Tim called "zaftig" i.e. Yiddish for "fat")? I don't remember Angela doing so.
    Yah it was Allison. My mistake there.

Also, Michael didn't have a plus size model - she was thin. So he had a different 'challenge' than some of the others, like Robert, did. Robert had the largest-size model I think. I do wish the show had given the designers dress forms. You can't mold something to thin air.
    I was talking about in the first challenge. Michael had Alexandra (Allisons model) as his there when he made the coffee filter dress and he had no problems getting through. In fact alot of people actually thought his dress was the best of everyones there and Heidi even picked that as her favorite for this season.

+ Reply to Thread