+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    I think it was very out of place for the judges to ask Angela what she thought of her mother's outfit. Darlene had already said she was unhappy, and the conversation should have ended there. If Angela was going to say anything, she should simply have said something along the lines of: "If Mom isn't happy, then neither am I," and left it at that. She definitely added fuel to the fire by choosing the language she did.
    My guess is that they asked all the designers how their mother/sister looked, but that this was the drama-filled answer to end their drama-filled story line. I agree that Angela should have been more politic in her answer.

BTW, blogging project runway is doing interviews with the moms & sisters--so far Kayne's and Angela's moms have been interviewed!

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim View Post
    Listen to Tim's podcast- Angela's mom really went off about how unhappy she was with Jeffrey's choices- and then Jeff walked up to hear it. So, sounds like she got the positive edit much to to Jeff's chagrin i'm sure.
    Well, I'm sure fashion designers, especially ones who brag about having rockstars as clients never have to deal with fickle, moody and mercurial clients...

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post
    Well, I'm sure fashion designers, especially ones who brag about having rockstars as clients never have to deal with fickle, moody and mercurial clients...

You make a great point- if Angelas mom was a rockstar and not angelas mom he wouldn't have had any problems dealing with her`demands.' If she was some holywood starlet he wouldn't regard her input as difficult, moody behavior.
    He couldn't stand the fact he had to take `critisizm' from someone he considers inferior and beneath him. That's what ticvked him off. How dare this middle-aged woman from middle america TELL HIM, The Great Jeffrey, she didn't feel comfortable with his design.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

redsox: That's the way it struck me, too - and IMO that's likely what really hit a nerve with a lot of people. He looked down on her because she's not his usual rock star clientele. Tim's podcast seems to underscore that conclusion. He's nothing if not honest!

dogabone: Adding fuel to the fire... again Tim's podcast agreed with that - he said Angela's talks with her mom near the workroom were like adding gasoline to the flames. No matter what though, it wasn't a position she or her mother should have been in.

I know Jeffrey was under stress, and didn't want someone hanging over his work table - but Darlene was a guest of the show, and also his client. She probably thought she was getting a wonderful trip to NYC to see her daughter, and be on television... and he was so curt with her. I got the feeling she just isn't used to that.

I can see why he'd be annoyed with her constant 'input', but, bottom line, he's the professional - she's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    redsox: That's the way it struck me, too - and IMO that's likely what really hit a nerve with a lot of people. He looked down on her because she's not his usual rock star clientele. Tim's podcast seems to underscore that conclusion. He's nothing if not honest!

dogabone: Adding fuel to the fire... again Tim's podcast agreed with that - he said Angela's talks with her mom near the workroom were like adding gasoline to the flames. No matter what though, it wasn't a position she or her mother should have been in.

I know Jeffrey was under stress, and didn't want someone hanging over his work table - but Darlene was a guest of the show, and also his client. She probably thought she was getting a wonderful trip to NYC to see her daughter, and be on television... and he was so curt with her. I got the feeling she just isn't used to that.

I can see why he'd be annoyed with her constant 'input', but, bottom line, he's the professional - she's not.

Your post got me thinking-I wonder if the other mothers and sisters gave input ,stood next to the desigers as they worked. I'm sure they did. It's not like darlene was doing anything rude. Also, I believe Tim asked Darlene how she felt about the design- he sort of gave her a `noodge' and told her to say something, didn't he? The thing is, when i watched I just assumed the mothers and daughters were suppossed to give their input on the designs so I didn't get jeffrey's whole freak out over darlene standing there talking with him...she wasn't out of line. I'm assuming the other mothers and daughters were interacting with their designers?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

tag
    Jeffery's attitude in the episode 8 preview on Bravo makes me so angry. Who talks about someone in the third person when they are right there in the room? It is like he hasn't even gotten out of high school yet. He just won't stop harping on Angela about the last challenge. I think he feels better when those around him are suffering. He is so over-the-top that I think he is a paid actor. Can a person really be that big of an a-hole? I have lost all respect for him. They purposely have kept Angela around for the drama - I don't see any 'reality' here.

I feel better now...

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    The thing is, when i watched I just assumed the mothers and daughters were suppossed to give their input on the designs so I didn't get jeffrey's whole freak out over darlene standing there talking with him...she wasn't out of line. I'm assuming the other mothers and daughters were interacting with their designers?
    Good point.

Yes, the other mothers did stand by while the designers sketched for them. And you're right, Tim asked Darlene what was going on and if she was pleased. I think his podcast stated that he could feel tension in the room, so he took the chance while Jeffrey was out of the room a while, to talk to Darlene. The podcast goes into some detail on it all but I'll have to listen to it again to pay more attention to the nuances to answer more fully than that.

But yeh, you're right - she really did not do anything the SHOW didn't ask her to do... or that it asked of all the other guests/family members. They also didn't know they had to model on the runway, until after they got to town!

While I was reading your post I thought that y'know... I bet he just dislikes Angela and isn't mature enough to separate his feelings. He even said something in the show like "I don't like Angela, it makes sense I don't like her mother either". But however ya slice it, he was wrong, IMO.

FORT Fogey
    At least with his win he didn't get immunity so I still have the hope that he goes home next. I'm really tired of this jacka$$.

Can't stand this guy even more after this week's show. So his design was "Jeffrey". Ugly is ugly. Thank goodness he didn't get immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    Jeffery's attitude in the episode 8 preview on Bravo makes me so angry. Who talks about someone in the third person when they are right there in the room? It is like he hasn't even gotten out of high school yet. He just won't stop harping on Angela about the last challenge. I think he feels better when those around him are suffering. He is so over-the-top that I think he is a paid actor. Can a person really be that big of an a-hole? I have lost all respect for him. They purposely have kept Angela around for the drama - I don't see any 'reality' here.

I feel better now...
    I'm willing to consider him and Santino from last season being a paid actor. I bet they are all getting a stipend for being on the show and a bonus for getting to different rounds. There's a lot going on that we don't know about. I bet the guy who was kicked off was paid because production would know if he had wrong things.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

+ Reply to Thread