+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Sebelia - Season 3

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cc1055 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

This is the way I look at it. If my mother was going to have to be a model on a show that is nationally publicized and wasn’t that attractive of a woman, I would probably be defensive and try to make sure my mother was as comfortable as possible. Angela’s comments (though I don’t fully endorse them) could have been playing on that emotion. I just know how painful it would have been for me to see my mother crying or being upset on camera. I liked how the other contestants were very polite when they spoke of their customer. I loved that they used great descriptive words like lovely.

Didn't want to be confrontational, just wanted to say what I would likely feel in the situation.
    Hmm, that's a really interesting way to look at it. Perhaps Angela is embarrassed by her mother. Perhaps her mother was feeling vulnerable because she thinks she's ugly. (That could explain her desire for a horrid long dress when a long dress is the LAST thing that someone with our body shape should wear.) And Jeffrey was the LAST person who should have worked with her because he is insensitive to everyone's emotional needs but his own. Kayne would have been a good choice for her because he was the most supportive of the full-figured woman...but Kayne may have gone home because he would have done what she asked for, which was the worst of worst ideas.

I guess I just can't relate to Angela and Darlene. My mom and I are the types of people who roll our eyes when people carry on like that...

Listen to Tim's podcast- Angela's mom really went off about how unhappy she was with Jeffrey's choices- and then Jeff walked up to hear it. So, sounds like she got the positive edit much to to Jeff's chagrin i'm sure.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Yeah, Jeffrey's reaction was definitely large, abbrassive and (imho) rude but I also think he was the victim of editing in this situation... there must have been more to the story than simply him going off on her and being so dismissive. I definitely think there was more to set him off than simply "Oh I don't like the colour," although to Angela's mom's credit, she was very polite and soft spoken.

The whole thing doesn't really add up -- and sadly I credit that to shoddy editing. I'm never one to say "blame the editing" but as a viewer, it just didn't make sense and there seemed to be no build up or credibility to Jeffrey's dramatics.

Lex
    Editing or no editing, there was no excuse for the way he acted to Angela's mom.

FORT Newbie
    IMO Angela's mom looked much better in Jeff's outfit than the boring outfit she came in with. He made an interesting patchy dress, a long vest with pockets and a light blue collared shirt, which gave it a nice splash of color. Very impressive for 1 day of work on a model form he was totally unfamilar with.

If on the runway Darlene had said she liked it or was just neutral, I don't think Jeffrey would of even been in the last group. I thought Laura's look sloppy and fit bad. Kayne's had odd, unflattering proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post

Frankly, I'd like to see what would have happened if Angela had to design a dress for her mother. Something tells me her Mum wouldn't be happy with anything. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree afterall.
    Right on

Quote Originally Posted by TVTVTV View Post
    IMO Angela's mom looked much better in Jeff's outfit than the boring outfit she came in with. He made an interesting patchy dress, a long vest with pockets and a light blue collared shirt, which gave it a nice splash of color. Very impressive for 1 day of work on a model form he was totally unfamilar with.

If on the runway Darlene had said she liked it or was just neutral, I don't think Jeffrey would of even been in the last group. I thought Laura's look sloppy and fit bad. Kayne's had odd, unflattering proportions.
    Uli did very well and had a model form she wasn't familiar with as well. Jeffrey's outfit was just a mess and there's no excuse. the only reason he stayed is because on this show it's better to go over the top than to be boring. that's been proven many many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Editing or no editing, there was no excuse for the way he acted to Angela's mom.
    Exactly that! :nono

I think The phrase `wearing his heart on his sleeve' is used to describe a person whose open displays of emotion are driven by empathy for others. Particularly strangers and causes other people ignore or dismiss. Jeffrey is emotional, but his emotions are about his needs and his wants and his desires. Nothing more. Essenitally he stopped maturing emotionally when he was about 3.
    Can those who detest Angela please point out what she did to Jeffrey in order to deserve his constant snide comments. I mean, besides being from *GASP* A FARM in OHIO!!!! His reaction to that was as if someone told him she was the royal seamstress for Sudaham Hussein. And it's ben all down hill since then. I recall his childish reaction upon realizing Angela had won one competition instead of him. He couldn't fathom that maybe, just maybe, her design asthetics in this one challenge were better than his design asthetics. No no no, the judges were temporarily insane because JEFFREY IS JUST TOO TALENTED to lose to ANGELA!!! God forbid he be gracious or feign a polite "comgratulations." What the heck has happened to polite society? I'd like to beat him over the head with my Miss Manners book. Not that that's very gracious on my part...
    He made assumptions about Angelas mom based on nothing more than how she dressed, who she is related to and where she lives... To suggest he is a victim of bad editing, or that Angelas mom made him act like a contemptible jack ass is why people like Jeffrey come to be in the first place. Excuses excuses. This challenge wasn't about brow beating someone's mother into tears. it was about intergrading ones design asthetics with that of a customer. Yes, even a dowdy mom from OHIO who buys off the rack has the right to be treated with dignity-to have her comfort level in clothing respected. To be respected and treated with dignity because she is older and she is a mother. So, if she's comfortable dressing from head to toe in a freakin' Amish dress complete with bonnet then you bloody go with it and use your creative genius to work your style in with hers- no matter how difficult it might seem. Because Jeffrey believes himself to be a genius it shouldn't be such a TRIAL on his part to find a creative way to compromise. If she says " I don't like that sketch" you smile politely, and ask- " oh, well, what can WE DO together to make this work for both of us? " I know, crazy idea on my part. ACTUALLY TAKING ANOTHER PERSON"S FEELINGS INTO CONSIDERATION. ACTUALLY COMPROMISING. You don't tell someones mother to get the hell out of your way. And you don't do it based on your contempt for her daughter. You act like an adult, you actually display this thing called MANNERS and you swallow your egotistical pride and DEAL with the people around you and accept the possibility that what they have to say, what they feel, is as important as what you feel, what you have to say. Jeffrey could have taken Angelas mom's initial thoughts and said " Okay, lets see if WE can take that and update it a bit/jazz it up because I like where your'e coming from..." ( even if he doesn't like it, LIE, for the love of GOD jeffrey, just shut up and lie to the woman and just work around her issues) Good lord, I am so sick of people like Jeffrey being babysat and excused because `he has talent' or because he's been through some tough times. He's not `misunderstood', he isn't being unfairly edited and no one is making Jeffrey behave badly other than Jeffrey himself.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I think it was very out of place for the judges to ask Angela what she thought of her mother's outfit. Darlene had already said she was unhappy, and the conversation should have ended there. If Angela was going to say anything, she should simply have said something along the lines of: "If Mom isn't happy, then neither am I," and left it at that. She definitely added fuel to the fire by choosing the language she did.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

+ Reply to Thread