+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Malan Breton - Season 3

Malan Breton - Season 3

Birthday: 1973-06-16
    Hometown: Long Island City, NY
    Education: Self-Trained

Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Malan, 32, traveled the globe as a child, living in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, California, Hawaii, Utah, Georgia and elsewhere. Named as one of 12 new designers to watch for on the New York runway by Womenís Wear Daily in February 2005, Malan has been designing since the age of 11. Inspired by a friend, one of America's foremost couturiers, he decided to create his own line drawing on the vast influences and experiences of his life.

Malan has also been a part of the entertainment industry since an early age, learning his craft from costume mistresses along the way. He has appeared in theatre, film, and television, worked as a professional model and has danced with Paula Abdul and others. His voiceover work can be heard on ESPN and ABC. Malan will soon be art directing and directing a series of thirteen short films to be released in 2008, as well a CD of jazz standards and original music.

A self-trained designer, Malanís influences stem from Asia, Australia, Europe, and Hollywood. He has designed wardrobes for Megu restaurant and has a growing clientele with a strong visual esthetic. He is inspired by Arnold Scaasi, Adrian, and Alexander McQueen, among others. Malan currently resides in Long Island City, New York.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    and has danced with Paula Abdul
    But does Paula REMEMBER dancing with him?

Designing since the age of eleven?? I hate it when people say stuff like that when talking about "experience". As if he was designing clothes. Stripping his sister's Barbies doesn't count.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    Oh very good Maveno!

I hate that childhood prodigy implication too. At least he was only a few years away from body hair unlike Uli who began at 2 1/2.

He kind of looks smug. And smarmy. Hopefully he's not too bad.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

He sounds like he's too involved in too many things to concentrate on design. What happens to his directing if he wins this thing? (I'm not saying you absolutely can't do other things in conjunction with designing, I just like the designers to focus on design.)

Anyway, I think he looks mega-creepy.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

He looks way cool. My early favorite, no doubt. I wonder if he's related to Andre Breton...

FORT Regular

JP Twin?

I just now happened to catch one of the newest blurps on Bravo for PR3. The second this guy popped onto the screen, I thought, "hey, what's Jean Philippe (Hell's Kitchen) doing on Bravo?" Wow, at first glance he really does look like JP! This is especially true with the slicked back, black hair and the suit and tie. Then he spoke and he sounded a bit arrogant. I will, yet again, remind myself that anything goes in reality show editing, and it's way too soon to jump to any conclusions about any of the designers.

I'm just really glad PR is back. I missed it.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Designing since the age of eleven?? I hate it when people say stuff like that when talking about "experience". As if he was designing clothes. Stripping his sister's Barbies doesn't count.

What Maveno said.

On a second look, he is rather interesting. He gives me Stephen from TC vibes, though. The preview with him in it sounds exactly like Stephen.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I think it's his eyes, I don't know, but whenever I see him he creeps me out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast