+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Malan Breton - Season 3

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Malan was robbed! Yes, the dress was ugly, but he heroically owned his failure and certainly had the potential to do better.

It's a shame the judges couldn't have seen Angela in action in the workroom. At least Ms. USA could have said something about Angela coming to her with no sketch ("I don't do sketches." Ha!) and no ideas. She at least had that info available to put into the mix.

Furthermore, except for the "wings," which could have been modified, Vincent's dress was clean and elegant, with beautiful lines and rich color. If it wasn't "designer-y" enough for Angela, I would like to know what she wanted to see. Maybe green "socks" la Guadalupe's Nicky Hilton dress?
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

I was really moved by Malan. I hope we see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap View Post
    I was really moved by Malan. I hope we see him again.
    I have a feeling we will. His time on PR got his sketches and ideas into the public eye.

FORT Fogey
    I changed my opinion of Malan after seeing that the sort of snobbish arrogance from week 1 was really just a front. It was like a protective shell for him. By the end of last night's show I was rooting for him to stay.

he was just on the Today show and he's got a lot of things lined up including a show this spring in new york fashion week.

very nice to hear

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I don't think it was a snobbish front. Reality shows are notorious for editing to make someone appear more like they want them to. Malan seemed to have a very dry sense of humor but seemed like a cool guy overall.

Was he snobbish because he said he liked to work with good fabrics the first week? How is that snobbish? Because he commented on how people were going to be knocking each other over to get the "best" stuff in the apartment which to him was uncivilized (and it is, really).

He wasn't as pretty as the sketch-stealer. But he seemed a lot nicer and more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSaysNo View Post
    I don't think it was a snobbish front. Reality shows are notorious for editing to make someone appear more like they want them to. Malan seemed to have a very dry sense of humor but seemed like a cool guy overall.

Was he snobbish because he said he liked to work with good fabrics the first week? How is that snobbish? Because he commented on how people were going to be knocking each other over to get the "best" stuff in the apartment which to him was uncivilized (and it is, really).

He wasn't as pretty as the sketch-stealer. But he seemed a lot nicer and more creative.
    Yeah, that was pretty snobbish. The non-snobbish approach would have embraced any fabric and embraced the challenge.

However, his snobbishness is part of his charm, and it absolutely broke my heart to see him cut over Crazy Vincent. He totally won me over, and now he's gone.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty snobbish. The non-snobbish approach would have embraced any fabric and embraced the challenge.

However, his snobbishness is part of his charm, and it absolutely broke my heart to see him cut over Crazy Vincent. He totally won me over, and now he's gone.
    I was a little turned off by his comment in the first episode, too. However, he won me over last night. My heart broke for him when he talked about his mother throwing his sketches down. Then again, maybe I'm just a sucker...

I was actually impressed w/Vincent's dress last night. It didn't look so hot from the front, but it had a beautiful back.

Perhaps Malan will be asked back if nest week is the show when someone is "asked to leave" and they need a body to fill in the gap? I hope so, that mom of his sounds like a shrew. How can any adult squash a child's dream? It's purely evil. I see that once in a while in teaching, so I know how it can affect a child. How sad Malan's childhood must have been.

btw, I posted this in the episode thread but it really belongs here. Sorry mods.

FORT Fogey
    I was really pulling for him towards the end. I really disliked him first two eps, but in ep 3, I really wanted him to stay. Stupid Angela! ARGH!

+ Reply to Thread