+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Keith Michael - Season 3

Keith Michael - Season 3

Birthday: 1972-01-14
    Hometown: New York, NY
    Education: Self-Taught

Born in Brooklyn, New York, 34-year-old Keith Michael is a freelance designer currently creating his own line of clothing. His aesthetic of urban sophistication rings a fresh point of view to modern American design. The focus: reinterpreting true cosmopolitan style for a new generation.

Keith draws inspiration from a background in fashion photography. His work has been published in W, Elle, GQ and Blackbook. It was after working alongside top-tier designers that the multi-talented he was motivated to strike out on his own and develop his distinctive and tightly tailored style.

Keith Michael's fashion-forward men’s clothing is already found in exclusive boutiques in Los Angeles and Manhattan and he looks ahead to an expanded modern luxury and lifestyle brand. His clean, unfettered clothes have been winning accolades from buyers and critics alike. Most recently, Sportswear International has nominated him as “Best Newcomer of the Year” and in an article entitled “Genius News,” Andrea Cusick of Nylon Magazine described Keith’s designs as “natural, organic and lovingly hand finished.” Keith currently resides in Brooklyn, New York.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm. I think I like Keith. He is top of my like-list.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    I like him too. Very much.

He's really cute. I'm getting Emmett vibes from him though (really cute, sweet person who's forte is Menswear and doesn't cross over well to womenswear).
    Last edited by Brakhage; 07-03-2006 at 12:05 AM.

FORT Regular
    Okay. Hopefully he isn't going to invoke the menswear thing as a defense quite as often as Emmett did. "But I'm menswear! I don't know from swimsuits/evening gowns/anything that isn't menswear!"

I just watched some of the interviews, and WOWWOWOW Keith is incredibly hot! I hope they keep him around for a long, long time. And if they want to include some gratuitous underwear shots, I wouldn't complain a bit.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iced_spice View Post
    Okay. Hopefully he isn't going to invoke the menswear thing as a defense quite as often as Emmett did. "But I'm menswear! I don't know from swimsuits/evening gowns/anything that isn't menswear!"
    To be fair, Emmet was always in the middle pack, so he rarely got a chance to defend his works, and based on my recollection, he never used the menswear excuse in front of the judges. I blame that repetitive sound byte purely on editing.

On topic, I have a good feeling about Keith. He's got a better resume than Emmett, and seems to have a normal low-key personality.

It does bug me that he didn't bring a piece of womenswear to the audition, though. I mean, just make a dress from one of your sketches to show that your skills can translate to women's clothing.

Did Emmett only bring menswear to the audition last season? I don't recall.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alphacat View Post
    It does bug me that he didn't bring a piece of womenswear to the audition, though. I mean, just make a dress from one of your sketches to show that your skills can translate to women's clothing.

Did Emmett only bring menswear to the audition last season? I don't recall.
    We only saw a quick glimpse of Emmett at the audition but we never got to see the pieces he brought in.

[QUOTE=alphacat;1962118]It does bug me that he didn't bring a piece of womenswear to the audition, though. I mean, just make a dress from one of your sketches to show that your skills can translate to women's clothing[QUOTE]

I agree, I can't believe they still let him through based solely on his sketches. It was disappointing because there were a couple of folks who I thought could have made it over him with the women's wear they brought, but they didn't make it. I have a feeling that he makes it at least to the final 6, based on the amount of effort Bravo is spending on getting his face and name out there already. If he was going to be gone early, they wouldn't do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast