+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Keith Michael - Season 3

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I would totally do him nine ways to Sunday, he's a major fox. I'd just have to make sure to duct-tape his mouth so he couldn't spew any verbal diarrhea.

FORT Fogey
    bye bye cheater

I'm going to miss him

me too
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I had to laugh when, upon being ejected from the show, Keith actually whined about how he would be a "laughing stock" to all of his friends. In truth, his departure from the show was actually one of his more tasteful moments... he should be more concerned about being mortified by his previous bouts of sheer, uncontrolled arrogance. His smug, condescending, contemptuous, eye-rolling, holier-than-thou outbursts than began right at the onset of the season were far more embarrassing.

I have no doubt that Keith was a child of wealth and was brought up to have whatever he wanted. His blatant disregard of rules and authority were the actions of spoiled child, not a competent adult. Forget the whole pattern book thing... I was more stunned that he flatly refused to make a dog outfit (despite the fact that it was clearly part of the challenge) and then got in the judges' faces about it. And then lied about his work when cornered. Talk about obnoxious, self-centered and stupid. Frankly, he should have gotten the boot then... where I went to school, failure to turn in an assignment meant getting an F. He was lucky to get the pass, as unjustified as it was.

All of this is a perfect case of someone's personality overshadowing their talent. If the man had just shut up and put up, he probably would have won. Instead, he couldn't control his behavior and his need to buck authority and give the finger to anything he disgreed with. He got what he deserved and I, for one, will enjoy the show a heckuva lot more without his antics.

And Jeffrey Sebelia? You should take note! Get off your high horse and just design, for goodness sake!
    Last edited by CuckoosNest; 08-03-2006 at 09:35 AM.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I liked his clothes, for the most part (though I thought his winning dress for the first challenge was pretty though not especially interesting). But the guy had so many other problems on so many other levels.

I agree about him having the audacity to whine about being a laughingstock. His behavior for the last several weeks was truly repulsive but this he really brought upon himself.

That being said, I was looking forward to seeing what else he designed. But my thumb would've gotten a cramp from having to push the "mute" button each time he came on!

FORT Newbie
    i can not wait to see this. we went to sleep last night. we were exhausted from mowing the lawn. my wife thought he was an a$$ but i thought he was ok. he did made some good stuff.

I almost cannot wait for the reunion show. I wonder if Keith will be invited? There's so many possible fun moments if he is. woo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    I almost cannot wait for the reunion show. I wonder if Keith will be invited? There's so many possible fun moments if he is. woo hoo

Oooooohhh.... that one I'll look forward to see! (only if he'll be invited). how much longer will we have to wait to see the reunion show?
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

I'm pretty sure Keith WON'T be invited to the reunion show after breaking the rules, or if he did, like Morgan, he'd pass. I'm sure the producers have saved up plenty of scintillating clips about this whole thing for the reunion show, to REALLY show what a monster he is, or how badly he behaved at the Sayonara Session, and I really don't see him facing up to criticism and dislike very well. He does so well with authority figures, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I had to laugh when, upon being ejected from the show, Keith actually whined about how he would be a "laughing stock" to all of his friends. In truth, his departure from the show was actually one of his more tasteful moments... he should be more concerned about being mortified by his previous bouts of sheer, uncontrolled arrogance. His smug, condescending, contemptuous, eye-rolling, holier-than-thou outbursts than began right at the onset of the season were far more embarrassing.

I have no doubt that Keith was a child of wealth and was brought up to have whatever he wanted. His blatant disregard of rules and authority were the actions of spoiled child, not a competent adult. Forget the whole pattern book thing... I was more stunned that he flatly refused to make a dog outfit (despite the fact that it was clearly part of the challenge) and then got in the judges' faces about it. And then lied about his work when cornered. Talk about obnoxious, self-centered and stupid. Frankly, he should have gotten the boot then... where I went to school, failure to turn in an assignment meant getting an F. He was lucky to get the pass, as unjustified as it was.
    Ah, but if Keith had gotten the boot for the last challenge for not making an outfit for the dog (geez, guess the patternmaking books didn't have a canine couturier section ) then we all wouldn't have had the fun of seeing him deservedly publicly booted for cheating. We wouldn't have seen him trying to talk a discount out of the people at Mood (and BTW, if I shopped at Mood, I'd be pissed -- how come he gets a discount and I don't?), we would have missed all the commentary from his fellow designers about how he was overwhelmed, he was giving his teammates most of the work, and how much they disliked him. That was worth it, for me. I liked Katherine, but she was never going to be a contender, and I'm sure that she was more than happy to see how he got his in the end, just like the others.

And Keith is a classless act, who will think all the animosity and derision that comes his way will be because of an unfair and vindictive portrayal on the show, because of the forbidden book issue, not because he had pretty much established his character to the viewing public already, and most didn't like him personally, whatever they thought of his clothes. Now one has to wonder how much of his clothes were his own talent, how much was midnight reading sessions in the bathroom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast