+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

I don't see the comparisons to Wendy. I think of her more as a potential Austin Scarlett.

I'm concerned that her strict couture sensibilities will prevent her from going "outside the box" in her designs, and she'll be branded as stubborn and one-note, just like Austin. Hopefully she learned from PR history...

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't see the comparisons to Wendy. I think of her more as a potential Austin Scarlett.

I'm concerned that her strict couture sensibilities will prevent her from going "outside the box" in her designs, and she'll be branded as stubborn and one-note, just like Austin. Hopefully she learned from PR history...
    I agree. If anyone is like Wendy, its Angela. No sense of style (if I see one more bubble skirt... ) and willing to stab anyone in the back to get ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    Okay, I finally figured out who Laura reminds me of!

A bony-chested version of Bree Van De Camp!
    Mm, I totally agree. And what's not to love
    Jade needs to get laid - Nigel Barker

FORT Newbie
    her stuff is already starting to look a the same

I've only seen a couple of episodes in Canada, but I like what she did in both those episodes.
    The Miss USA dress was very classic and simple, maybe a little too simple and she didn't listen to what Tara said about staying away from white.
    It looked to be beautifully constructed though.

FORT Newbie
    it was a beautiful dress. the coat she made in the 3rd episode had the same lines as the one in the 1st episode.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24 View Post
    her stuff is already starting to look a the same
    I was thinking the same thing. Even though what she does do, she does very well. I'd love to see her move out of her box and try something more on the artsy - rather than sophisticated - side.

I expected more people to scream and holler about Laura not liking dogs. I liked her honesty, and I totally understand her feelings. I love dogs, but it takes a very especial person to give them the care they need. After seeing one episode too many of "Animal Cops" and watching the horrors people inflict on those poor animals, I find her honesty quite refreshing. And I love her work. True, the coat in the last challenge looked like the one she did before, but she also made a dress, and it looked quite well tailored. I wish we could have seen more of it.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by busilis32 View Post
    I expected more people to scream and holler about Laura not liking dogs. I liked her honesty, and I totally understand her feelings. I love dogs, but it takes a very especial person to give them the care they need. After seeing one episode too many of "Animal Cops" and watching the horrors people inflict on those poor animals, I find her honesty quite refreshing. And I love her work. True, the coat in the last challenge looked like the one she did before, but she also made a dress, and it looked quite well tailored. I wish we could have seen more of it.
    I didn't get really upset about her not liking dogs. Personally I'm a cat person (can't you guess? ) But she didn't mistreat her dog or say nasty things about it. She just accepted the challenge as it was. So why scream and holler about that? I don't think she is that talented -- most of her stuff looks like either 1920's or very early Jackie Kennedy to me....but she isn't the worst designer there. I would far rather see Vincent or Jeffrey leave. Vincent is a chronic liar and Jeffrey hates women. At least Laura's problem is that she doesn't particular like dogs. As a designer, how many requests for a dog's outfit are you going to get?

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    She is no Wendy. She would have to have no talent to be her. The comparison to Austin is more accurate because she does have a certain style that could cause her problems if they have to do a Nikki Hilton type challenge.

+ Reply to Thread