+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura Bennett - Season 3

FORT Fogey
    I am guessing that a previous marriage by one or both brought some kids into this second marriage and perhaps they had one of their own. It smacks of blended family because I doubt she could take this much time away from 5 children to do this show unless some were only an every other weekend responsibility. Just a hunch.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    I really liked the coat she designed, but I was really offended by her comments about always dressing up. I have three kids, and yes I do drive a minivan, but I don't wear sweatpants but I also don't dress up everyday. There is a middleground and its called "casual" not "sloppy."
    Agreed, and thankful it wasn't just me being annoyed by that comment. I wear sweatpants and don't drive a minivan, and am also not a mother (unless cats count). But I do have fibromyalgia and comfy clothes make it a lot easier to get around while already in pain. So she and any other "appearance matters more than anything else" fashionistas can bite my elastic-waist-pants-clad arse. I loved her coat, but she lost about a thousand points in my book with that comment.

(And yeah, she's totally Bree. Except that Bree is supposed to be funny.)

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    I really liked the coat she designed, but I was really offended by her comments about always dressing up. I have three kids, and yes I do drive a minivan, but I don't wear sweatpants but I also don't dress up everyday. There is a middleground and its called "casual" not "sloppy."

I liked her first design, but I also liked Keith, Michael and Robert's designs as well. I have not picked a favorite yet.

I don't think she was necessarily saying sweatpants and minivans were wrong, but just not for her. And fashion is important to her, so maybe, for Laura Bennett, she just doesn't have a middleground.

Quote Originally Posted by iced_spice View Post
    Agreed, and thankful it wasn't just me being annoyed by that comment. I wear sweatpants and don't drive a minivan, and am also not a mother (unless cats count). But I do have fibromyalgia and comfy clothes make it a lot easier to get around while already in pain. So she and any other "appearance matters more than anything else" fashionistas can bite my elastic-waist-pants-clad arse. I loved her coat, but she lost about a thousand points in my book with that comment.

(And yeah, she's totally Bree. Except that Bree is supposed to be funny.)
    I am surprised how many people feel offended by her 'I dress up comment'. she is stating what she does. She is not commenting on how other folks dress. Obvously a hot button. American men and women are known as sloppy dressers and you see it everywhere. But that's life and if people are comfortable with it, OK. Just because Laura chooses not to dress that way she is not publicly insulting the rest of the population of this country.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am surprised how many people feel offended by her 'I dress up comment'.

I know. It is just TV.

FORT Fogey
    I am not one bit offended by her comment. She is right. It is a freakin slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan (her comment is not directed toward people with health problems that necessitate elastic wastebands).

And, there is no reason for sweatpants. A nice pair of slacks and a nice blouse or sweater are just as easy. Not sure why we slip, but we do. I admire her for making herself a priority.

Although.....I'll bet she's got money for a nanny, thereby making full makeup and hair regualar additions too.

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    i love her swagger. she's been my female favorite since the commercials.
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

Although.....I'll bet she's got money for a nanny, thereby making full makeup and hair regualar additions too.
    Personally as a mom of 5 kids, I saw her children in the video and they are young still - I'm betting she has a nanny to watch them and take them to school and such which is why she can be on the show. Its a very different dynamic when you have help with your children. I didn't have a nanny or even a babysitter most of the time - I had 5 children in 8 years and sometimes sweatpants were my bestfriends!! When you don't have the time because everyone else takes priority and you don't have the help - life is way different than life in a brownstone in NYC with money.

But I did like her coat!

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    I live in Manhattan. Judging by the clip of Laura's apartment, her and her husband are rich.

Her look's a bit severe, but she seems like a pretty cool chick overall. Thanks to Wendy Pepper, it seems any middle-aged mom on the show is suspect now! I think a lot of people thought Marla Duran was going to be Wendy Part 2, when it was basically Santino.

Her coat was cute and her personal style (what she herself wears) reminds me of Carolina Herrera.

I don't think she quite has what it takes to make it to the top 3, but likely the top 6.

Physically, she really reminds me of the lady that plays Addison Shepard on Grey's Anatomy.

I really liked her first outfit. It seemed to be her style all the way. And at least I was able to get a clear sense of what her style was. Unlike with some other designers.

+ Reply to Thread