+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uli Herzner - Season 3

FORT Newbie
    You all seem to forget she made that nicely fitted brown jacket -- with sleeves! -- too. I saw it at Macy's. It's done really nicely, complete and detailed.

Without the jacket I don't think she makes it in the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TVTVTV View Post
    You all seem to forget she made that nicely fitted brown jacket -- with sleeves! -- too. I saw it at Macy's. It's done really nicely, complete and detailed.

Without the jacket I don't think she makes it in the top 3.
    Whoa, I'm confused. She designed for a challenge something's that's already be designed? Isn't that plagiarism? If you just saw it, then they must've paid Bravo for it because Bravo owns the rights to all the designers' work.

BTW, welcome to FORT.

FORT Regular

The Softer Side Of Heidi

I like Uli. I like the "softness" of her personality. I like the way she observes the other designers and picks-up on their possible "mistakes" without being critical "towards" them, but more concerned "for" them. I liked how beautiful she thought her little wee pug was and how the dog leaned right in to lay on her chest. I liked that she thought to make a cute outfit for the dog and not forget to say "Hi" to the judges. I like her designs and am waiting to see if she can mix it up a bit with different styles/tailoring.

It's only the third challenge. They hit the ground running as soon as they landed in NY...just trying to sleep in a different bed and in the company of strangers can stress them out and suck up creative energy (Bradley?) Time needs to be given for them to catch their breaths a bit and hit a stride. The more dramatic of the designers, we've kind of gotten a handle on so far...they are so "out there" that we pay more attention to them. The quieter ones, like Uli, will hopefully rise to the occasion and surprise us.

I kind of picture (with all respect) Heidi and Uli as two sides of the same coin. One is the "Commandant" and the other is a good-hearted "Schulz".

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Whoa, I'm confused. She designed for a challenge something's that's already be designed? Isn't that plagiarism? If you just saw it, then they must've paid Bravo for it because Bravo owns the rights to all the designers' work.

BTW, welcome to FORT.
    Thanks. This is the first 'reality' series I've really gotten in to, so here I am.

Sorry.. for the confusion. I was describing the ORIGINAL/actual Uli winning outfit from week 3.

Macy's flagship at 34th st in NYC is displaying all of the actual winning outfits from PR3 in a street window. Makes sense, since Macy's is their big sponsor this season.

It's great getting to see Keith's week 1 blue dress, Kayne's Miss USA dress, Uli's close up. Much better appreciation of all the fine detailing, creativity and fine crafsmanship. I didn't realize Uli merged 2 different patterns into 1 dress, using the giraffe pattern as trim and straps until I got to see it closeup.

It's a shame the show barely shows any of the design process or details on the clothing, focusing almost totally on drama and the "characters". They are creating such great work.

FORT Newbie
    I think the reference to Uli's dress in Macy's means that her dress is in the window, as are all episode winners. Since Macy's is the sponsor they have the same type of window in NY that BR did last season for each episode winner.

Sometimes my brain just doesn't want to work. I should have realized that it was in Macy's windows and not in a store for sale. Thanks for both of your explanations.

P.S. These senior moments are far too frequent. Yikes!

FORT Regular
    I have a curiosity question for those of you who have seen these actual designs in Macy's window. I wonder if the garments transmit their colors appropriately on tv as compared to seeing them in person. I suspect that Uli's prints are much prettier in person than tv. When I saw the Michael/Laura Miss Universe gown on the runway, it looked white on tv. Tim said in his blog that it was more of a nude color. Also, Kayne's gown, I suspect, doesn't transmit its color very well over the airwaves. It looked different, with varying lighting, on PR than on the pageant stage. I just wondered if any of you who have seen them on tv and then in real life were surprised by the differences there? I'd just love to see these dresses up close...I'm soooo jealous!

I wonder if it's okay (legal) to take the pix at Macy's and post them here? I'm just asking mods, not encouraging illegal activity.

Here's a video clip of her runway show she did for Market America's 8th Annual Fashion Art Ball in Miami on April 29, 2006.

http://ictv1.com/videos/fashion/fashionartball8_uliherzner.htm l

She does like the bold prints and really knows how to use them. Love the models, they were very real, with real hips and breasts. She does seem to make the same neck and back a lot, but given the ridiculous constrainsts of the show, I am not surprised everybody falls into patterns they have already produced, a la Chloe. However, that makes the versatility of people like Jay much more remarkable.

+ Reply to Thread