+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uli Herzner - Season 3

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Uli's dresses all seem to have the same basic line. I'd love to see her do something more less flowing and more tailored--with sleeves! There was a question when her portfolio was being reviewed as to whether she could design out of her Florida mold, but I haven't seen it so far.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    Uli's dresses all seem to have the same basic line. I'd love to see her do something more less flowing and more tailored--with sleeves! There was a question when her portfolio was being reviewed as to whether she could design out of her Florida mold, but I haven't seen it so far.

I'd have to totally agree. Three challenges....three halter dresses. *yawn*

Oh yeah.....and she just bugs me.

I thought the dress she made for Miss USA was very poorly executed.
    The top was kind of lop-sided as the twisting on the halter was uneven and the skirt looked really shoddy to me.
    I was suprised the judges were so impressed as it really didn't seem anything new or very interesting to me.
    I liked the way she layered the colours of the chiffon, but that was about it.

i thought that print she made up was so innovative she should have won based on that alone. i doubt anybody else in the competition would be able to do that.
    she seems very skilled and i don't see why she should try to break away from her style unless the challenge demands a specific look, because that's what she'll be famous for. no doubt this lady has a big career ahead of her

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilacllama View Post
    I'd have to totally agree. Three challenges....three halter dresses. *yawn*

Oh yeah.....and she just bugs me.
    Sadly, it's not just three dresses. This video shows that she's pretty much been making the same dress (with slight variations) her whole career.

I'm very glad Uli won this challenge. Her outfit was beautiful and very well made. It might be like other dresses she made but was IMO deserving.

FORT Fogey
    I like her and if she wins it all I hope she makes a dress for Heidi and we get to see the dress design conversation. That would be a hoot.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    She's not going to last much longer. How many times can she get away with making a halter dress for each challenge?

Her design this week was good, but there were several that were better.
    Last edited by ComputerSaysNo; 07-29-2006 at 11:31 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Uli and Laura have the same "issue". They do what they do very well. However, what they do is limited. I'd like to see both try something different.

FORT Fogey
    It makes sense that Uli would be adept at summer dresses since she lives and has been designing in Florida. You have to make what people will buy in the area where you work. I think we will see her create different styles.

All of them have a point of view and that is always stressed when it comes to desinging a collection. It has to be cohesive. That was the biggest reason Daniel lost last season, the judges did not think his collection went together.

+ Reply to Thread