+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Libretti - Season 3

it's a beautiful gown. the guy knows what he's doing and he does have a lot of talent i just think he's handicapped by the restraints of the show

I haven't seen Leanza looking that way in a long time. Usually looks like plain Jane.

That's a nice looking dress from those pictures... BUT GO HOME TONIGHT VINCENT!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if this means he wins?? NO!!! lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Hmm Vincent the underdog! altho i dont know why he has made it this far..i do respect him.. He goes with his feeling on things thats for sure!! His stuff isnt cute to me- but it seems like he knows how to make womans wear (and judging by this weeks episode- general menswear). His style to me is like stuck back about 25 years ago.. There are times when he reaches out to current styles but still it is holding firmly on to 1981. Even this week's to me as plain as it was had that throwback design... the v neck in the shirt was not current feeling to me it just hinted at late 80's to me.. And i think if I saw the outfit in person and inspected the fabric it come off with an even stronger late 80's vibe.. To me it seems as tho he never let go of that time when he had his own shop (which was when- i think in the 80's maybe early 90's) So altho fashion has changed he still is holding on to what he was doing at that time.. It works in is favor (and I do think he realizes) that elements from 20-25 years ago are back in fashion.. I do think there is a bit of bravo leaving him around for the sake of ppl going "WHAAAT!?". And that makes me kinda sad. We shouldnt be toyed w/ and neither should he.. I dunno there something so sweet in his cooky- ness that i almsot wish in the next few episodes he wins! But i dont think he should take the place of any of the other designers at fashion week, b/c while his designs are "different" none of them have been "different" in a stylish way.

I liked Vincent's jet setter outfit... however, the tailoring! The pants looked kind of bulky in the back - all those pockets were in an awkward location and made him look a bit heavier.

The shirt he made though, to me, didn't fit correctly - it barely covered his belly. I kept wanting him to tug it downward or something. It needed to be a bit longer, looser, or something.

But overall I felt his idea was nice and simple - and a lot like what I've seen celebs wear in first class! Gene Simmons comes to mind.

Argh, why hasn't Vincent been auf'ed? He's mediocre at best..

And season 3 was supposed to be more professional? Yeah right. We have Vincent aka the boring one, a rock star wannabe, one who is addicted to rhinestone and a quilter.. Michael and Laura must be in the final three.
    Jade needs to get laid - Nigel Barker

I did not love Vicents designs but he seemed to be a sincere and good person. I will miss him in the show.

I cannot describe how happy I am now that Vincent's gone. The last "getting me off" was totally unnecessary (was it ever necessary? - absolutely not!), and I'm glad I don't have to hear it again for the rest of the show!!!

I also don't like his attitude - that he's not really there to win, but it's for the free publicity. Well, I don't know if the publicity from the PR helps him. He displayed pretty awful outfits and is definitely not getting any positive recommendation from Tim Gunn ever. But who knows. I've learned that people have different tastes and that there are people who love his design. I totally don't get his aesthetics, it's lost in his universe to me.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    Long overdue, but at least he's finally gone. He seems truly delusional about his "talent". As in doesn't realize it's severely lacking.

Not only were most of his designs ugly, but they were almost always poorly executed. Maybe you can get away with one or the other, but both for as long as he has?

Oh well. At least now I don't have to see a collection with goofy sleeves. And I don't have to hear about how each piece gets him off. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru View Post
    I cannot describe how happy I am now that Vincent's gone. The last "getting me off" was totally unnecessary (was it ever necessary? - absolutely not!), and I'm glad I don't have to hear it again for the rest of the show!!!
    AGREED!!!! i was getting so sick of hearing that --
    i will say i did actually like his last dress -- but what do i know --- apparently not couture .... cause i thought jefferys dress was crap and he won that challenge -- soooooo....
    anyways.............
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

+ Reply to Thread