+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Libretti - Season 3

FORT Regular
    He had no problem offering up Robert for sacrifice (like he complained Angela would do to him).... He is way too "Woody Allen-like" for my tastes.... on the verge of a breakdown.

Mike

FORT Newbie

Another Wendy Pepper

When I first saw Vincent and his designs, I thought - "here we go again - the male version of Wendy Pepper. . ."
    His designs aren't bad, but they are definitely not up to par with the world of fashion. He doesn't seem to really know what's going on, what women want to wear. His designs look like he just throws things together and hopes they turn out OK. They really are too elementary to be in a competition like this.
    He doesn't know how to be a team leader (he wants things his way without discussion - he wanted a goffer to wait on him while he did his thing); and he doesn't know how to be a team player ("I just went along for the ride")
    Every week I hope the judges finally decide it's Vincent's time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
    He had no problem offering up Robert for sacrifice (like he complained Angela would do to him).... He is way too "Woody Allen-like" for my tastes.... on the verge of a breakdown.

Mike
    Well, give him credit for not being Wendy Pepper in this sense, although he was clearly willing to offer Robert up to the Aufing Gods, as far as we sawm he was much more low key about it, no direct criticism, he certainly didn't hang him out to dry with a verbal flaying and criticism like Wendy did. His tactic was avoidance and being non-committal, not verbal crucifying.

That being said, I wonder what Vincent has been doing since he hung out his own shingle. Clearly, at least to me, he hasn't been keeping up on fashion trends, he hasn't been keeping up or improving his fitting, patternmaking and construction skills. He speaks of Twiggy like she's dead, instead of judging on ANTM. He thinks that dress he designed was modern and trendy (and it wouldn't pass for that even at the most backwoods Walmart in the country). In the first challenge, Tim Gunn said in his podcast that Vincent actually thought he was on the runway because his outfit was one of the BEST, not one of the WORST. How can he be so oblivious?

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by mschulz View Post

Mike
    I always think of him as the love child of Woody Allen and a turtle!
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Does anyone know if the black holter top Vincent's model was wearing underneath the recycle outfit is made by him? Was is part of his own creation?

For the dog challenge, Tim Gunn said that Vincent may not have created the leggings that his model was wearing.

I didn't see him making the leggings for the dog challenge. I don't remember seeing him making a black holtertop for the recycling challenge. Does anyone? If he didn't make them, he's really in the gray area of cheating.

Vincent seems like he's time-warped straight out of the late 70s/early 80s - between his designs, and his catch-phrases. But he's "only" 49.

I cringe at his designs for the most part - but he's kind of lovable, in a shlemiel-ish kind of way.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar

Not defending Vincent, butó

While I'll admit that Vincent has yet to hit the mark and that he should have been the one eliminated in any number of challenges so far, I don't think it was fair of Laura to attack in the way she did. Yes, his model couldn't walk, but he's hardly to blame for Alison's elimination and his own survival. That decision was in the hands of the judges, not Vincent.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    While I'll admit that Vincent has yet to hit the mark and that he should have been the one eliminated in any number of challenges so far, I don't think it was fair of Laura to attack in the way she did. Yes, his model couldn't walk, but he's hardly to blame for Alison's elimination and his own survival. That decision was in the hands of the judges, not Vincent.
    According to Tim, everybody was attacking Vincent. Only Laura's comments made it into the final cut. And as for the contest being in the hands of the judges, sorry, but it's very much in the hands of the producers who much rather have a no-talent loudmouth like Vincent on the show than a normal person like Alison who actually does have some talent. The producers have a very low opinion of the intelligence of the television-watching public.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Please, please get rid of this boorish fashion don't!

Good God in Heaven, how could they not have thrown this guy off the show last week? Or any week?!! He makes me ill, and his designs make me iller.

I swear, if I have to hear one more time how something is "getting him off," I am going to vomit eggplant hummus all over the place. And I haven't had eggplant hummus since Friday!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread