+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Libretti - Season 3

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    He really has that odor of desperation about him. He had a nervous breakdown the first time he tried his hand in the fashion biz, and now he's gambling his retirement savings for a second chance.

His desperation is making him act like a douche. Even if his clothes end up getting better throughout the season, if his personality stays as nasty and melodramatic as it is, he will basically be unemployable.

This guy needs to go. He's got a severe attitude problem. I dare him to give the same attitude to the guy from the Atl. I really dislike him. He don't know how to sew, and he's trapped in the 80s. Refering to a woman as dear and honey is inappropriate. I'm a guy too, and I would never do it out of fear of getting decked. Seriously, it's a respect issue. This is a rotten apple who needs to go
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

I definately dont like Vinnie. But I have to disagree with your statement. As a woman, I am not upset to be called dear or honey. Its all in the tone. There are normal ways to say it and then there are patronizing. Im a feminist as well, but I think you can go overboard in that arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    This guy needs to go. He's got a severe attitude problem. I dare him to give the same attitude to the guy from the Atl. I really dislike him. He don't know how to sew, and he's trapped in the 80s. Refering to a woman as dear and honey is inappropriate. I'm a guy too, and I would never do it out of fear of getting decked. Seriously, it's a respect issue. This is a rotten apple who needs to go

I'd rather be called "dear" or "honey" rather than "feminazi". I call people "dear" and "honey" all the time, and I mean well when I do it. Force of habit.

Vincent still needs a big handful of Klonopin or Xanax to chill the hell out.

Sometimes I picture him in that scene from the movie "Scanners" where that dude's head blew up.

What an awful person, blah.. At first I pitied him because of the obvious lack of fashion sence (my god, that hat..). Now I can't stand him. I hope he doesn't linger
    Jade needs to get laid - Nigel Barker

FORT Fogey
    Boy, I'm going against the grain on this one, but I absolutely LOVE Vincent. Hands down, he is my favorite. I think he's hugely entertaining and probably a very sensitive soul.

I'm too tired to explain more, but in the end, I love him and hope he takes it all.

FORT Regular

Uncle Vinnie

Vincent reminds me of the eccentric uncle that you let live in the apartment over the garage. Sometimes you let him come in to have dinner with the family if he promises to take his meds, refrains from applying double-stick tape to the cat's feet, and promises not to get your kids to play "pull-my-finger" with him anymore.

I think he lends some color and texture to the show...I just wish they wouldn't let him do it with fabric. Squirrely surely, but I doubt he's the "baddie" that will be sent home, but auf'd by design and fairly soon. Or next week, Kayne handcuffs Vincent to a pipe down in the basement of the Atlas. In the previews, Robert and Kayne then have a discussion about WHY that's like...a bad thing.
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 07-28-2006 at 02:07 AM.

Actually he called Angela "Sweehaaart"
    Last edited by miadora; 07-28-2006 at 09:17 PM.

I always try to keep in mind how heavily edited these shows can be. Even a more "highbrow" reality show like PR isn't immune, so it's good that Jeffrey pointed it out.

Many people are aware at this point that Angela is not a pleasant (or talented) person. But calling her a "feminazi" still lowers him to her level. Editing or no, he still said it.

FORT Fogey
    I just read the interview with Robert in his thread. He says that Vincent - with all his nuttiness - is someone who he enjoyed.

And in a quote I posted earlier, but which was deleted because it was a quote, Jeffrey stands up for Vincent and says Angela was extremely difficult to work with.

I'm feeling good for Vincent now. He is nutty but a true individual and I think a very kind soul. Probably everything thing that I like about him are the things that annoy other people, e.g. his enthusiasm over little things like the blackboard in his sewing room and the hat on the dog, his laugh, and how he "feels" his creations coming to him.

He is chalk full of enthusiasm and a true love for life.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-30-2006 at 11:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread