+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayne Gillaspie - Season 3

Kayne Gillaspie - Season 3

Birthday: 1979-03-14
    Hometown: Norman, OK
    Education: Fashion Institue of Technology

Kayne Gillaspie was born March 14, 1979 in Nashville, Tennessee. Growing up in a large family with five sisters and two brothers, Kayne &emdash; as everyone knows him &emdash; realized at a young age the importance of standing out.

Starting his education with a full scholarship to Volunteer State College, Kayne's career aspirations began in pre-veterinarian medicine. While working at a vet clinic for four and a half years, he also took a design job as a sketch artist at a local pageant boutique in Tennessee. Kayne quickly became enamored with fashion, changed his major and transferred to the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.

In 2002, Kayne won the Critics Choice Award for evening wear and graduated magna cum laude. He moved back to Nashville after graduation and opened Kayne's Clothing Boutique. This afforded him the opportunity to create custom ballroom dance costumes, eveningwear, and wardrobe for the country music industry.

In 2003, Kayne met his partner Warren and bought Southern Charm, an established formal wear and pageant store in Norman, Oklahoma. Within three years, Kayne's success in the pageant industry soared. In December of 2005, he dressed the entire top five teens and the winner and first runner up in the Miss Oklahoma U.S.A. pageant.

He cites Bob Mackie and Roberto Cavalli as major influences on his work. His gowns encompass originality, attention to detail and a young femininity with an edge.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok.. I'll be the first to ask, what's &emdash???

I like this guy and he is now one of my top 3! Actually, he's my second favorite.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    I bet we will find out how he got the nick name. Andemdash. &M- Just thinking of other spellings to see if I can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Ok.. I'll be the first to ask, what's &emdash???

I like this guy and he is now one of my top 3! Actually, he's my second favorite.
    I think the &emdash is a typo... I see it happen sometimes when punctuation is used in HTML and isn't translated correctly. He goes by Kayne, which is his middle name. Btw, I know this is his middle name because I googled all of the designers, and his full name appeared on a bankruptcy filing.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, it is a computer code of some kind and definately a mistake.

well an em dash is twice as long as an en dash. en dash being a - and an em dash being a -- . so I guess it would be &--

Em dash is explained below:

"The em dash is the mark of punctuation most of us think of when we hear the term "dash" in regard to a sentence. It is significantly longer than the hyphen. We use the em dash to create a strong break in the structure of a sentence. Dashes can be used in pairs like parentheses—that is, to enclose a word, or a phrase, or a clause—or they can be used alone to detach one end of a sentence from the main body. Dashes are particularly useful in a sentence that is long and complex or in one that has a number of commas within it."
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

an em dash is a punctuation mark. it is used to expess a large pause than an en dash and in this case somebody fracked the HTML code and that tidbit showed.

I envy his cheekbones.

FORT Regular
    Is being good at pageant wear a good thing or a bad thing? There are some scary-ugly sequined mullet-fashion monstrosities on pageants! Interesting background, though. So far I like him.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    His dress would have been my favorite if it weren't for all that back detailing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast