+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kayne Gillaspie - Season 3

Magical Fish Kisses ihavebeefyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    Miss Puerto Rico's dress reminded me of Michael Kors' comment during road to the runway (I think with one of Stacey's dresses); you could see what she ate for lunch.
    That is true...I could make out that half of a tic-tac through the dress...

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    Oops. Here:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room35/972448/tara2.jpg

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room35/972448/tara.jpg

Don't they look like Barbie dolls on stands (b/c of the circles they're standing on)????

Well, apparently Miss Puerto Rico's dress WAS as tight as I thought (did anyone else notice that she kept tripping over and having problems with the tail end of her dress a la Kara Saun's overlong creations in Season 1?). Not only could you see her lunch, she apparently collapsed (fainted) in the after competition interview sessions, and they said it was hot, her dress was tight, and heavy (apparently those were metallic chains, after all).

As for Miss USA's gown, they had definitely worked on it since the show, but I think the problem was, it was too much in the middle. It wasn't the sleek, sophisticated outfits that Canada and Trinadad were wearing, and it didn't have the flash, panache and color that all the rest of the girls were sporting, excepting Bolivia, which was not only blah, but all those rows of fringe made her look chunky. And am I the only one who when she looks at it flashes back to the Torino Olympics opening night ceremony, with all the gals in white gowns with the same kind of detailing on the bottom that was supposed to represent the Alps? Admittedly, the Italian dresses were way more over the top, and looked more ridiculous, but the dress will always seem kind of derivative to me because of it, even if that isn't necessarily a fair judgment. But I suspect that WAS his inspiration for that particular detail.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests View Post
    did anyone notice that she didn't have the jewelry on the back?
    Tuna -- i thought that too -- then when i got a good look -- the jewelry is there -- i think most of it was hidden by her hair ....
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Quote Originally Posted by firechica View Post
    Tuna -- i thought that too -- then when i got a good look -- the jewelry is there -- i think most of it was hidden by her hair ....

ooh good to know i liked that part of it.

Kayne interview with Out.com

Raising Kayne

Out.com Exclusive: Project Runway’s Southern charmer gives us the scoop on the new season.
    by Jeffrey Epstein

He’s sweet, smart, and sassy, and after the first episode of the new season of Bravo’s Project Runway, we were smitten with this southern gent. Twenty-seven-year-old Kayne Gillaspie lives in the Oklahoma City, Okla., suburb of Norman with his partner, Warren, where they co-own the boutiques Southern Charm (which boasts the pageant -style gowns Gillaspie is known for) and Alter Ego (which has more urban fashions). We got a chance to chat with Gillaspie, who attended New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology, before the show premiered.

So in the first episode you come off as really sweet and mellow. But you’re really a vicious bitch, right?
    [Laughs] I’m actually pretty easygoing. There were a lot of sacrifices for me to make to take five and a half weeks off of work to participate in the competition, and we’re not being paid so it’s not for the money. I was trying to size everyone up and be super-nice. Everyone deserves respect until they disrespect me. I’m a reality TV whore. I know how some people work on these shows. Who’s the Wendy Pepper? Who’s the Jay McCarroll? I grew up with five sisters and was very easygoing and calm—you kinda have to be waiting on five girls all the time. I was grateful to be [on the show]. I’m from a lower middle-class family and we had to work for anything I wanted. I was catty and funny and honest, but we all were.

I have to say, it was strange seeing [host] Heidi Klum so thin after she was pregnant all last season.
    I don’t know what it is, but taping the opening of the show, I had to run up to her and crouch down, but I held onto the front of her stomach and her back. I was holding her up because she was in five-inch heels. So I felt her stomach and her back—tight as a surfboard. I expected a little tummy or a little soft. There’s a reason for that! But, no, it’s tight.

Did you get to experience any of New York City while you were there?
    I did a little bit. I got to stay for four days after we were through taping. I did a ton of shopping, saw a couple of shows, and did a ton of walking.

Did Tim play favorites with anyone? Were you teacher’s pet?
    No. Tim actually hated my casting audition clothes because they’re all beaded and sparkly and over-the-top pageant gowns. It’s not a Halston or an Armani, and it’s never going to be. But Tim appreciated it. Even Michael Kors said before he met me that they were constructed within an inch of their death. Most women have parts that they want covered up. The construction has to be there for most customers. Not everyone has a Hilary Swank body.

Was there someone on the show you bonded with right away?
    Robert [Best, from Los Angeles] and I did become best friends very early on. Then my other good bud was Michael [Knight, from Atlanta]. I never made an enemy on the show. I quarreled a little bit back and forth with Laura and was rubbed the wrong way by Jeffrey [Sebelia]’s egotistical personality. But I was honest in telling him.

Anyone you are happy to never see again?
    I really wouldn’t care if I ever saw Malan [Breton] again. And he said something crappy on the runway about the other designers on the runway.

Can’t wait to watch that episode! Is there one established designer who has particularly influenced you and your design style?
    I have three absolutely favorite designers of all time. Versace, Roberto Cavalli, and Dolce & Gabbana. They’re my all-time favorites. I follow their lines closely every season. They always produce beautiful things.

Now I’m sure a lot of viewers are going to want to know your marital status with Warren…
    I’ll have been with Warren four years on August 26. In gay years that’s, what, 21 years?

How is being out in Norman, Oklahoma?
    Believe it or not, it’s not bad. Obviously people know, unless they’re retarded—no offense against mentally challenged people—that I am gay when they first meet me. Hello, I vomit color every morning when I wake up. Also, I think I’m a very nice person. I would love for everyone to be comfortable with my lifestyle, but I’m also smart enough to understand that’s not going to happen yet. As long as I don’t start controversy, we can all live together.

What are you hoping to get from the show?
    I would love to get a book deal…just kidding! Any exposure or publicity…my own clothing line. Honestly, I would love to dress celebrities. I would love to do all kinds of things. There are tons of things. Any exposure for people to see the passion for the work that I make.

The show will probably help business at the stores.
    Already. The phone has been ringing off the hook. We’re looking at expanding and hiring other people. It’s already crazy and the show hasn’t even started.

What’s the biggest fashion faux pas a guy can make?
    The biggest fashion faux pas… Can I give you two? The really thin guys who wear women’s jeans, I can deal with. But if you can wear a visible thong, that’s gross. And the other is socks with sandals with shorts. Especially black socks with sandals and shorts. Hate it.

Kayne has just launched his Web site at: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/www.johnathankayne.com

Link
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 07-25-2006 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Add link

I love Kayne!!! I think that Kayne has a really good chance of winning this whole competition. I love the dress he designed for Tara. It was very pretty!

Is there anybody got kayne's MySpace>

Quote Originally Posted by call1987 View Post
    Is there anybody got kayne's MySpace>
    call -- this is what i found --- hope its what you were looking for ---

http://www.myspace.com/projectkayne
    Last edited by firechica; 07-30-2006 at 12:32 AM.
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Thank you all the same..

But I am not sure whether it's REAL or not... =[

+ Reply to Thread